Plug and Charge just worked for me

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m charging at Barstow and when I plugged in it started charging without any interaction from the app.

Pretty cool, since I was trying to get Porsche connect to find my location and it surprised me by starting to charge.
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I’m charging at Barstow and when I plugged in it started charging without any interaction from the app.

Pretty cool, since I was trying to get Porsche connect to find my location and it surprised me by starting to charge.
MY 2020 or MY 2021 ?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@Pozuelo - @Miwa has a MY'2020 - I had the privilege of meeting him at our Bay Area gathering - he has a beautiful Taycan.

this is great news - however it may have been a "broken" charger - I've had plug&charge work for me on my Bolt @ EA when the charger's payment system is "offline" (a note for people the Bolt does NOT support plug&charge) - sometimes they simply configure the charger to "just work" when plugged in…

I'd be really really curious to determine if this was in fact a plug&charge session or just a "free" session because a Point-of-Sale system was offline…

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If I had to guess I lean towards a free session, just because I doubt EA has their stuff together enough to have it work yet

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag

My first DC charging ever, today: I activated Plug & Charge in my 2021 4S (PCM menu: Charging > touch 3 dots in lower corner > check box for Activate Plug & Charge) and plugged it into a 350-kW Electrify America charger in rural Sullivan MO, and after about a minute of the charger’s
Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge just worked for me E441E6C3-81C9-442D-BF8D-66FADDF46C64
communing with the car, charging began. In 25 minutes the charge went from 33% to 85% (I meant to stop at 80% but overshot a bit), and I stopped the charging and unplugged. Worked great!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
plug and charge has never worked for my '21 4s.
in fact it is 50/50 if I can get the charge to start without having to call EA for them to kick start the charge.
one of the these days I'll see if porsche service could find a fault in my car's charging system that is causing the comm failures

Last edited:

OP
OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It'll likely never work for my car. I was just lucky that day that EA had stuff set on free charging.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

My '21 has worked from day one also. I've charged about ten times in Albuquerque and twice in Santa Fe, never a problem.

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have heard on pretty solid authority that Plug&Charge is not available on the 2020 Taycans.
it requires a hardware update that Porsche is not as of yet offering as a retrofit. I am somewhat bummed, thinking they would have had that thought out in 2020. :(

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have heard on pretty solid authority that Plug&Charge is not available on the 2020 Taycans.
it requires a hardware update that Porsche is not as of yet offering as a retrofit. I am somewhat bummed, thinking they would have had that thought out in 2020. :(
Yes you wonder why they did not think of that from the beginning. I get the feeling they cut more and more corners for the first cars, just to get the car out there.

For us in Europe we get a Porsche Charging card and can just tap that on the charger and it starts charging. So not a massive issue here but it would still have been nice to have that feature in the Taycan.

We could also start the charging with the My Porsche app if there is reliable cellular coverage?

EDIT. MyPorsche app does not have a scanner for the QR code. Ach well…..

Som e body at Porsche must be enjoying upsetting a lot of customers.?
Sponsored