Plugshare knows more that Electrify America

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Went to the Manchester CT EA location and it was shut down, workmen all over. The EA site makes no notice that the site is offline. I checked Plugshare and they had a note that the site was down for updates starting 4/21 and was uncertain as to when it would be available.
Lesson learned, look at PlugShare (the notice seemed official as received from EA) rather than the EA site if you want to check on a site availability.
Is this unusual or have others noticed the same.
Sponsored

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Went to the Manchester CT EA location and it was shut down, workmen all over. The EA site makes no notice that the site is offline. I checked Plugshare and they had a note that the site was down for updates starting 4/21 and was uncertain as to when it would be available.
Lesson learned, look at PlugShare (the notice seemed official as received from EA) rather than the EA site if you want to check on a site availability.
I haven't had that specific experience but definitely have found PlugShare to have more details and user experiences for each station. Before any road trips, I've checked PlugShare to see if stations, not just EA, were working and recently used.

OP
OP

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my dog knows more than EA…
woof woof
I forgot to mention, all EA chargers are free today because of earth day. I went there with our ETron (not scheduled to get Taycan until Saturday). Won't be much benefit to Taycan owners, though.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
plugshare info is inputted by users of plugshare, so someone was kind enough to alert others to the issues, that said, EA should have noted on it's app that the location was not operational.

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 21 4s , Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
EA and the Porsche Connect app don't even show know EA sites at Sams or Walmart in certain cities. JUNK software. Unless its pilot error on my end :)?

OP
OP

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EA and the Porsche Connect app don't even show know EA sites at Sams or Walmart in certain cities. JUNK software. Unless its pilot error on my end :)?
I'd be really surprised if there is an EA site that doesn't show up on their page. That would be crazy.

OP
OP

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
plugshare info is inputted by users of plugshare, so someone was kind enough to alert others to the issues, that said, EA should have noted on it's app that the location was not operational.
The notice on the Manchester site read as if it professional:

Electrify America, LLC
We are busy working on enhancements at this location! Starting Thursday, April 22, 2021, the chargers at this location will be temporarily unavailable for use. Once the enhancements are completed and the chargers are available for use, we will provide an update. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Support Team at ‪833-632-2778‬ or visit our website www.electrifyamerica.com

this is what was posted on the Plugshare app for this site. I think it was a feed from EA. The funny part is their site didn't mention the outage at all.
BTW a new posting said it was now operational.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Yep, Plugshare is very current regarding usage/issues at the stations.
Sponsored