Polestar 2

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Frankly, it's not difficult to exceed Tesla's quality control with regards to interiors. That's the main reason why I walked away from the Tesla when I was EV shopping earlier in 2021. When friends asked me what I thought the Tesla was like, I said "it's an electric Datsun designed by 22-year olds." Only the 40+ agers will get the Datsun reference. But you know what I mean.

Thanks for the posts about this vehicle. I think with regards to the Polestar being a good daily driver and a car for a person who ISN'T looking for a "head-turner", it's a solid option. It fits solidly with Volvo's design ethos.
You guys are so mean to "French cars" and "Datsun". :giggle:

I only once saw a Polestar 2 last year, and for me it is a "head-turner". ;)

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I quite like the PS2. If I had not had the financial means to buy the Taycan 4S a fully specced PS2 in the colour Moon with upgraded interior and Ohlins stuff would probably be in my garage. I am also very curious for the Android car management (as an avid Android phone user).

BMW i4 M50 probably more appealing to most, but I have vowed never to buy anything ever again from BMW (neither 4 nor 2 wheeled).

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I quite like the PS2. If I had not had the financial means to buy the Taycan 4S a fully specced PS2 in the colour Moon with upgraded interior and Ohlins stuff would probably be in my garage. I am also very curious for the Android car management (as an avid Android phone user).

BMW i4 M50 probably more appealing to most, but I have vowed never to buy anything ever again from BMW (neither 4 nor 2 wheeled).
+1 for no BMW. Owned a 2014 X5, beautiful vehicle. Absolute "lemon", nine major warranty sessions in one year of ownership. Terrible car. I have never owned a car that was so unreliable. Very unfortunate, BMW has interesting designs, but the manufacturing AWAY from Deutschland was a big mistake.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
....I can't resist my adolescent mind....Don't read any further if you may be offended.
I am sorry, but who names their car "Polestar"? Honestly, are these given out to the 'employee of the month down on the sunset strip gentleman's club? This and the fact that the Polestar can't "get up and go", has me in stitches :surprised: :CWL::dance:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
+1 for no BMW. Owned a 2014 X5, beautiful vehicle. Absolute "lemon", nine major warranty sessions in one year of ownership. Terrible car. I have never owned a car that was so unreliable. Very unfortunate, BMW has interesting designs, but the manufacturing AWAY from Deutschland was a big mistake.
Everyones situation is different. I had a 2017 X3 and a 2015 M235i and they were both perfect with no issues during lease interval. Excellent cars.

On the other hand, my Macan had oil leaks from 3 different places, that were never properly addressed plus three other electrical issues. My Taycan had no hardware issues so far but you know how its software is.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since this thread is for Polestar 2, out of curiosity I browsed a Polestar forum yesterday. It seems they started OTA updates around February and it didn't go well so they postponed it for a few months. Some owners still cannot successfully install the updates and have to go to the dealer. But Polestar is transparent about the situation. They even post technical details about the failures in their Facebook page.

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
is there an 18+ age verification to register as a member of the Polestar forum?
Also, do 'responsible Polestar users' ensure that they are wrapped with PPF protection?

............I am sorry, please forgive me, I will stop now; yet continue to almost cry from belly laughing.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Even a French car has a better interior build than a Tesla, not really high praise.…
Question to the CEO of Polestar: You are always being compared to Tesla. What can you do better?

Ingenlath: First of all, as CEO, you can learn a lot from Elon Musk and his public demeanor, both positive and negative (laughs, editor's note). I think our design is better because we appear more independent, with more character. Our HMI operating concept is better because it is more intuitive to use. And with our experience, we are very good at producing a high-quality car as a masterpiece.

What's left? :giggle:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I was (and still am) big fan of Volvo.
I was driving 850, v70, s80 and xc90 in last 26 years, and I'd love to see "xc90 electric".
Hopefully compatible with https://easelink.com/ :clap:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I was (and still am) big fan of Volvo.
I was driving 850, v70, s80 and xc90 in last 26 years, and I'd love to see "xc90 electric".
Hopefully compatible with https://easelink.com/ :clap:
the volvo is a fine car but I think the pricing for the xc40 or whatever their EV is badged as is out of line for what you get.
Sponsored