Porchse taycan ticking noise

richardb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porche Taycan
Country flag
Hi,

does anybody experienced this kind of thicking noise from the front of the taycan, car purchased like September 2023, brand new at porsche store.
I took it for reclamation and they told me all taycans has this sound, so no issue.
But I think for such a expensive car this noise should not be there.
Its happening when Im turning fully to the left only.
thank you for suggestions

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That's not a normal car sound. "All Taycans do that." Geeze.. What BS. You might have to try another dealer to find a SA with some integrity.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Definitely NOT normal. But certainly something easy to fix… at a honest Porsche dealership.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I am very sensitive to sounds and I like to drive in silence (hence I love EV's). I notice noises such as read Taycan transmission high pitch whine at 50mph in 1st gear (normal, yet still annoying to me, most of my passengers don't even hear it). This is definitely not a normal sound for my Taycan, I would have noticed something this loud. If it was me, I would put the car on a lift and see what's making that noise. Based on the videos, it should be easy to diagnose once lifted up. I would also switch Porsche service if they told me this is normal.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Porsche dealers have a reputation as a premium brand and people expect that a premium brand comes with premium service.

You got some premium bs from your dealer.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Not sure if you are on air suspension or steel, but it sounds very similar to coil over spring bind.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I would absolutely insist on that being fixed.
Make them show you another Taycan on the lot that does the same thing. Call them on their BS.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am very sensitive to sounds and I like to drive in silence (hence I love EV's). I notice noises such as read Taycan transmission high pitch whine at 50mph in 1st gear (normal, yet still annoying to me, most of my passengers don't even hear it). This is definitely not a normal sound for my Taycan, I would have noticed something this loud. If it was me, I would put the car on a lift and see what's making that noise. Based on the videos, it should be easy to diagnose once lifted up. I would also switch Porsche service if they told me this is normal.
Is this high pitch whine normal? For me it's more like a humming noise or resonance than a whine. It's only in 1st gear and starts at 50MPH, but for me I only began noticing it 20 months into ownership and so it didn't seem "normal" to me. I'm bringing my car into the dealer next week, so if they're just going to say "nothing odd" I'd rather save the trip.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Not sure if you are on air suspension or steel, but it sounds very similar to coil over spring bind.
I second that, I had that on a car when one spring strut wasn’t (re)assembled properly. Other things I’ve experience that make clicking over the years are bad tie rods in the steering (bad ball joint on it) and sway bars that make popping noises when the bar moves if the bushings weren’t greased during installation.

Your car is new and shouldn’t be making that sound, whatever that is.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Is this high pitch whine normal? For me it's more like a humming noise or resonance than a whine. It's only in 1st gear and starts at 50MPH, but for me I only began noticing it 20 months into ownership and so it didn't seem "normal" to me. I'm bringing my car into the dealer next week, so if they're just going to say "nothing odd" I'd rather save the trip.
TLDR; I never took it to the dealer for this.

It's very quiet on mine, rather high frequency. The car has to be silent to hear it. At first I thought it was electrical noise, since it sounds like a transformer noise from a cheap power supply. There is a good chance the dealer would have a hard time hearing it (most passengers I asked didn't notice until I pointed it out). My workaround when cruising at 50 is to switch to Normal and back to Sport, that changes the gear to 2nd and the noise goes away. It still might be electrical noise from the motor inverters by the way, perhaps somewhere around 140 the noise will come back (I have not had a chance to drive my car to the limit so I don't know, plut at 140 I might not notice as there would be more wind noise and I'd probably need more attention on the road than at 50).

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Sounds very irregular and not normal. Curious to know -- place your hand on tire (without the car moving) have someone turn the steering wheel to reproduce the sound. Do you feel anything as the metallic clicking sound announces?

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
That is NOT a normal sound... find a better dealer and have them fix it.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well, like all the other posts.... definitely not normal. How on earth could someone say that all Taycan makes that noises.
Sponsored