Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Being a suspension freak, I think PAR is a brilliant thing looking at what it does. Irony is Taycan is the last car out there that needs the benefits that PAR brings. I just can't remember a time Taycan's pitch or curve lean bothered me. On the other hand something like this could truly transform my X5 for example. Other brands with more luxury/soft suspension setups need to offer these type of systems to make the cars control better, without sacrificing comfort & sophistication. I am stunned how most manufacturers don't pay attention to developing better suspensions systems at all and simply go with the cheapest solution available. I guess they think suspension is not a decision driver for average customer. As i drive various rental cars, i notice reasonably priced cars and SUVs got SO much better on many fronts, User interface, engine noise and refinement, power, driving comfort over the last 2 decades. Suspension feeling on the other hand just went the other way both in terms of comfort, sophistication feel and handling.
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
As i drive various rental cars, i notice reasonably priced cars and SUVs got SO much better on many fronts, User interface, engine noise and refinement, power, driving comfort over the last 2 decades. Suspension feeling on the other hand just went the other way both in terms of comfort, sophistication feel and handling.
Weight. (And potholes.)

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
From what I'm gathering, PAR is only for electrified vehicles because an HV battery feeds a hydrologic pump to each individual wheel.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Active Ride thumbnail

It also seems to be the same suspension as the Panamera

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
From what I'm gathering, PAR is only for electrified vehicles because an HV battery feeds a hydrologic pump to each individual wheel.

thumbnail.jpeg

It also seems to be the same suspension as the Panamera
I think it’s only available on the hybrid panamera as it needs the HV battery to operate.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
IMO - A good suspension if you buy a CPO. Otherwise, waste of money if one doesn’t have money to burn :)

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Active Ride could make the Taycan as comfortable as an S class. According to roadandcar test the new suspension is noticeable more comfortable.

"We had a chance to sample a new Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid prototype with the “semi-active” PDCC system and one with Active Ride near Porsche’s factory in Leipzig, Germany. It’s always a little hard to evaluate ride quality in Germany, as the roads are so good, but there’s a very obvious difference between the two cars. The active suspension seems to make all small road imperfections disappear entirely. The PDCC car didn’t ride badly, but you notice so much more of what’s beneath you."
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a45910445/porsche-active-ride-suspension/

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I previously had a Panamera with PDCC. No comparison to the Taycan without PDCC. What a mistake😭. The PDCC only compensates for the roll on the left, whereas the PAR controls each individual wheel. It's not much more expensive than PDCC either. Only Sunshine Control is EXPENSIVE. You don't get anything out of it, it's just a party gag. But with PAR you notice every bump in the road. Not the only reason, but reason enough to switch to a 2025 model.

Briguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s, Panamera gts
Country flag
Any thoughts on Porsche Active Ride?

Does it sound like it will give it less engaging ride?
Screenshot_20240207_065244_Chrome.jpg
i just ordered a new cross turismo and passed. the price tag is very high and i have an original Taycan 4s without that. its such a great driver that i don't feel the necessity.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
So the hydraulic pump is 9kg on each wheel. It seems heavier than the PDCC

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Active Ride could make the Taycan as comfortable as an S class.
That would be great! I happen to have a mercedes EQS as well and the suspension is super comfortable, on a cloud, really nice feeling. The taycan is stiffer, sportier -- still very comfortable compared to many other cars but the mercedes EQS is on another level. My hope is that with PAR the Taycan can have the ultimate split personality : S-class comfort in town and super sport on track :) (this split personality is one of the awesome things about going electric in general IMHO)