Porsche Intelligent Range Manager Worth having?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Just wondering for those of you who purchased the porsche intelligent Range Manager, what are your thoughts? Is it worth it? I know you can add it later but the phrase intelligent range and Porsche software make me wonder. Would love your thoughts...
Sponsored

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I think the feature is pretty Meh as currently working. You can do the same or better with the Plug Share app and the A Better Route Planner app..

I think the Youtube videos of the guy driving from Norway to Malaga, Spain provide a good overview of the feature's weaknesses.

Last edited:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I put it onto my build, but TBH have been too busy to try it out — going to try it this weekend along with Range mode to see how it works.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I passed on it, I just thought that is wasn’t very intelligent in its current form and any trips you kinda plan anyway using other apps. Etc.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
We purchased it - likely to get better and be more expensive as a download. Plus, we are taking delivery at Atlanta PEC and driving to Oregon via NC. We may need all the help we can muster,

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
We purchased it - likely to get better and be more expensive as a download. Plus, we are taking delivery at Atlanta PEC and driving to Oregon via NC. We may need all the help we can muster,
did you get a carmine red? When are you picking the car up at PECATL? I doing the same thing but a 2021, I live in Atlanta so not much of a trip.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag

Bill: The Plug Share app and A Better Route Planner app are essential to helping make your journey smoother. I have owned EV's for 5 years, and those two apps have been huge benefits on road trips.

It would be great if you provided feedback on the Electrify Chargers you use in the Plug Share app. the only way they get better is if we provide comments on how the network is doing.

Sounds like you guys have a great road trip planned. Enjoy that new car!!!

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would spec it again because I like having things on the pcm screen. If ABRP had CarPlay, i might change my mind.

Here is the challenge with ABRP or any app without CarPlay: the thermal glass makes the phone and GPS signal so weak, that you will probably want to keep it in the console. It’s a real pain to open the console to check while driving.

ABRP is great app though. (Bumped my reference consumption down to 290wh/mi @65 mph and that seems close, although a little too low.)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did you get a carmine red? When are you picking the car up at PECATL? I doing the same thing but a 2021, I live in Atlanta so not much of a trip.
Yes - Carmine Red. 19 AUG.
If it is similar to Leipzig, you will enjoy it (but the tank trail with 45 degree hill will be missing)!
Have fun!

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bill: The Plug Share app and A Better Route Planner app are essential to helping make your journey smoother. I have owned EV's for 5 years, and those two apps have been huge benefits on road trips.

It would be great if you provided feedback on the Electrify Chargers you use in the Plug Share app. the only way they get better is if we provide comments on how the network is doing.

Sounds like you guys have a great road trip planned. Enjoy that new car!!!
Thanks. Have not heard of A Better Route Planner.
Will try to document as much as possible, but am not as good as @louv (ok, maybe no one is).

Tiredoftesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S100D
Country flag
I would spec it again because I like having things on the pcm screen. If ABRP had CarPlay, i might change my mind.

Here is the challenge with ABRP or any app without CarPlay: the thermal glass makes the phone and GPS signal so weak, that you will probably want to keep it in the console. It’s a real pain to open the console to check while driving.

ABRP is great app though. (Bumped my reference consumption down to 290wh/mi @65 mph and that seems close, although a little too low.)
I tested ABRP and find it worthless. We have a home in the mountains of Arizona, a 200 mile drive involving 6400 feet of vertical climb we make regularly. My 330 mile range range Tesla S100D makes it easily. I tried it last weekend in A 2020 Taycan Turbo and drove AT exactly the same speeds as I drive the Tesla: 5-8 MPH over the limit. ABRP mapped a route with a 50 mile detour in order to charge and added two hours to the trip. I ignored it. The Taycan shocked me by outperforming the Tesla on my direct route.

Tiredoftesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S100D
Country flag
How did IRM perform on your drive to Oregon?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I tested ABRP and find it worthless. We have a home in the mountains of Arizona, a 200 mile drive involving 6400 feet of vertical climb we make regularly. My 330 mile range range Tesla S100D makes it easily. I tried it last weekend in A 2020 Taycan Turbo and drove AT exactly the same speeds as I drive the Tesla: 5-8 MPH over the limit. ABRP mapped a route with a 50 mile detour in order to charge and added two hours to the trip. I ignored it. The Taycan shocked me by outperforming the Tesla on my direct route.
You need to adjust the reference consumption. The default is using the EPA rating, which as you know, is way off.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Just wondering for those of you who purchased the porsche intelligent Range Manager, what are your thoughts? Is it worth it? I know you can add it later but the phrase intelligent range and Porsche software make me wonder. Would love your thoughts...
Try it out for 3 months for free.... I suspect some geographical areas are more suited for this app than others, same for travel profiles - is it for cross North America tours, long commutes or local trips.
Sponsored