Power Steering Plus

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Hi

I test drove the Taycan 4s for the first time today. I have never driven a Porsche before however I noticed that the steering felt heavier than the cars that I have owned in the past so I was wondering if the power steering plus would help much with this?
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My car does have the Rear Axle Steering incl. Power Steering Plus. It's possible that it makes a difference, as I find the steering feel is fantastic. I suppose it also depends on the types of cars you have driven before.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Ah yes I saw the option for the rear axle steering which includes power steering plus! I was trying to avoid adding too many options and racking up the costs haha. The cars that I have driven before were mostly Mercedes and BMW's, I felt that the steering on them was much lighter than the Taycan which I drove today.
Has anyone else noticed this?

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my area, rear axle steering option and power steering plus are 2 separate options. Rear steering doesn't include power steering plus. For my configuration, I went with real axle steering only.

TVL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
had it on my 911, and took it in my Taycan as well. It gives you a lighter steering feeling at low speeds & parking, and a stiffer feeling at speed... not a game-changer, but nice for parking

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Ah yes I saw the option for the rear axle steering which includes power steering plus! I was trying to avoid adding too many options and racking up the costs haha. The cars that I have driven before were mostly Mercedes and BMW's, I felt that the steering on them was much lighter than the Taycan which I drove today.
Has anyone else noticed this?
I didn’t order power steering plus on my 4S and as you say I noticed that the steering was heavier than BMW. However having driven 1300 miles am used to it and it is great a higher speed and feels so solid round corners. The BMW now feels too light.

I was told by the dealer the power steering plus can be purchased later as a download via the function on demand.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Call me old school, but I punted on PSS because it felt too light to me. I really wanted the rear wheel steering but couldn't get past the light feel at low speeds. I am used to the days where driving the 911 was truly a bicep workout although that was ages ago.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I think Power Steering Plus is a Feature-on-Demand option so you could spec without and then have a 3-month trial once you have the car.

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
Call me old school, but I punted on PSS because it felt too light to me. I really wanted the rear wheel steering but couldn't get past the light feel at low speeds. I am used to the days where driving the 911 was truly a bicep workout although that was ages ago.
Exactly. It's a bit of triceps workout for me too.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for your replies guys! I appreciate the advice, I did think it would be a good workout haha. You have helped me to make up my mind.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven’t paid attention but it may make a difference as to what driving mode you’re in. In my M5 the steering was noticeably different in sport mode vs. standard. In my Taycan I find I’m in “normal” most of the time as I don’t remember to switch to sport plus till I’m driving so I haven’t noticed a difference at slow speed but may be worth comparing the two modes.

papa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s taycan
Country flag
I have the Power Steering Plus on a 4S and I recommend you get it. Fabulous comes to mind

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
I have the Power Steering Plus on a 4S and I recommend you get it. Fabulous comes to mind
Thanks! Yes I opted for it too, I am just waiting for delivery. Does it give you the light feeling which you get from other car steering wheels when parking or is it only a slight improvement?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Light at low speed and parking, firms up at speed - perfect. Non PS plus cars feel heavier. Option can be added over the air via FoD if not added at build (subscription service but works out more expensive). It should be standard on a car of this calibre and performance.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It should be standard on a car of this calibre and performance.
I’m confused. PSP is listed as standard equipment. Is there something else?
Porsche Taycan Power Steering Plus F190B5F1-E405-4B17-B158-A5BC96EB3C04
Sponsored