PPF questions

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
I am contemplating between full front vs full body. Mine will be having a glass roof so I assume full body a bit cheaper as full body with roof. On my BMW I got full front, mirrors, door edges, side skirts, gas door panel. On Taycan thinking full body to try to protect doors in parking. I park my cars far away, but this is for wife, she will not do that.

And then ceramic - exterior? And does interior leather help? Mine is full leather black and beige.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I did full on the TT and my Cayenne TGT. I did only front on the Macan.
What color? Remember the PPF areas will retain its factory finish and the other areas could fade over time. Big price jump though……

OP
OP
neo402

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
I did full on the TT and my Cayenne TGT. I did only front on the Macan.
What color? Remember the PPF areas will retain its factory finish and the other areas could fade over time. Big price jump though……
Frozen Blue.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Frozen Blue.
I did the two full as both cars over 200k, but the Macan couldn’t justify the cost - and then a dog jumps up on the side one day excited to see me ..:. Sods law…

don’t no paint fade would be a big deal on the frozen blue? And you can probably offset that with getting a ceramic to protect the non-PPF areas

personally I did it for piece of mind- door dings or some other errant object coming at it from the side.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I went full PPF myself. The way I see it is that if I'm going to have a car that people will want to take pictures with, I want to have PPF so that I can chuckle to myself if I see someone doing that rather than walking over quickly to be sure that they aren't rubbing the paint with their rings, purse, pants, etc. I don't really expect it to do much against dings and that sort of thing though, since those impacts will probably not care about PPF.

PPF also means I can relax more when washing my car in the event some grit got in the towel somehow, and it doesn't hurt that I have a toddler that likes to touch things, so I can rest a bit easier.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I'm having the full car done. My installer is going to fit PPF to the Pan roof as well. It will give some protection but not a dedicated glass film.

I'm deciding between 2 installers one fits STEK the other XPEL. STEK is hydrophobic but I plan to fit a ceramic coating designed for PPF from Gyeon.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am contemplating between full front vs full body. Mine will be having a glass roof so I assume full body a bit cheaper as full body with roof. On my BMW I got full front, mirrors, door edges, side skirts, gas door panel. On Taycan thinking full body to try to protect doors in parking. I park my cars far away, but this is for wife, she will not do that.

And then ceramic - exterior? And does interior leather help? Mine is full leather black and beige.
I did full on my car but would only recommend the front clip for most people. The entire Taycan is not worth PPF protecting unless it’s more about your own peace of mind/enjoyment than money…as it is for me. Yes on ceramic coating the car if making it easy and enjoyable to clean is of value….especially the wheels. I did the interior ceramic coating of the leather myself. That has also made things easier to keep clean.

I protected every possible surface of the car. Not financially justifiable but it has made my frequent maintenance washes a treat for me and that’s turns out to be priceless. Good luck!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’ve got Frozen Blue too, with full body PPF.

I would recommend full body, but if you don’t, then get the rear doors done - if you have regular charge door, as material flies through the front vents. PPF has protected the rear doors for the car from stone chips.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I would not recommend just the front doing. This is a very expensive car and wide arches at the back.

I'm hoping to keep my car for a few years so full PPF is a must.

Noobified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you're going to regret not doing the entire car if another part of the car gets dinged, then just do the whole car. Most people I know that don't install PPF on their cars are completely fine with a few chips here and there. I, personally, can't stand blemishes on my cars.
Sponsored