Price cuts?

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
They will never do this in the United States. That's why they did their "American Charging Standard" nonsense. They want the tax dollars without opening their network up to other EVs and that doesn't happen by declaring your private network a "standard".

EA has to support dozens of different cars from various automakers. Tesla has to support a whopping 4 models that they make themselves. Supercharger "reliability" becomes a very different thing with all of the variables of supporting the greater market.

Even if they were open, I wouldn't use them, because they charge 3-5x of what the other networks charge and Elon will never see a dime from me. He may have a little more money than I do, but all of my kids talk to me -- that's something that Musk can't buy.
Didn't realize that EA specifically tailors the electric charge and charging pattern it delivers via pumps to vehicles based on the particular model attached.
Sponsored

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Porsche most likely will increase prices in March, as usual.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche most likely will increase prices in March, as usual.
I think they might pause doing that in the US given another cost of money hike is coming. Or it will come in the form of a paper tiger that can be "discounted" away for a buyer. I can tell you that my local dealer has 6 Taycans for sale and has had them for months. An increase is not even close to in line with the market or demand for the brand.

A raise in pricing (again) while the world melts down feels a little like the fiddler fiddling while Rome burns.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
EA has to support dozens of different cars from various automakers. Tesla has to support a whopping 4 models that they make themselves. Supercharger "reliability" becomes a very different thing with all of the variables of supporting the greater market.
I mean, this is true but not sure how its relevant. EA doesn't do anything more than provide an L3 charging station with a standardized plug that works across all EV brands with the exception of Tesla.

https://electrek.co/2021/10/22/electric-vehicle-ev-charging-standards-and-how-they-differ/

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
I ordered a 4S CT using the salary sacrifice scheme back in July 2022 and the estimated date of delivery is around September 2023. Given that there is likely to be further delays and price rises and With the price cut in Tesla, I am wondering if I should just cancel my order and just buy a Tesla Model Y on a personal basis instead as the Tesla website seem to suggest 3-4weeks delivery. The net leasing cost after tax for 4 years on a CT will almost pay for a Model Y after the price cut.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I ordered a 4S CT using the salary sacrifice scheme back in July 2022 and the estimated date of delivery is around September 2023. Given that there is likely to be further delays and price rises and With the price cut in Tesla, I am wondering if I should just cancel my order and just buy a Tesla Model Y on a personal basis instead as the Tesla website seem to suggest 3-4weeks delivery. The net leasing cost after tax for 4 years on a CT will almost pay for a Model Y after the price cut.
If you can't justify the premium-brand sportiness of a Taycan and do want utility, I'd hope that there are higher-quality alternatives to a Model Y (e.g. from Hyundai and Kia).

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
For sure both over Tesla. The Model Y is their most sexless car yet.
My heart still tells me to be patient and wait for my first Porsche...

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
For sure both over Tesla. The Model Y is their most sexless car yet.
the suspension is on the ‘very firm’ side on the dual motor so I’d expect the performance to be worse.
I’ve seen so many recently. Reminds me of the Qashqai club…….

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
It’s more Fiat Multipla territory for me. Damn it’s an ugly MF.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Cars.com shows 283 new Taycans for sale at dealers. Porsche does not have too much inventory at hand, no way they don't raise prices. But I would expect a 2-4% price increase.

Tesla on the other hand is cutting prices because they are missing their sales numbers. More competition and innovation in other cars coming to market. Its going to be very tough for them in the coming years as more vehicles come to market.

Last edited:

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
What I don’t understand about Elon was his insane strategy to buy twitter.
He probably paid twice as much as it’s worth and in turn we have seen Tesla shares tank in the process - anyone could have predicted this outcome.
Not just that a lot of Tesla buyers seem to be liberal voters (could be wrong) but since Elon has taken over Twitter he has been trying to antagonise that demographic non stop for the last year or so.
I feel a lot of them are going to jump ship because they don’t want to be associated with such a toxic figure at the helm.
Sponsored