OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Last time I spoke to the dealer my fix and build dates were identical to your original ones, that doesn’t bode well for my order! I’ll let you know what they say tomorrow.
Mission E has turned into Mission Impossible for those that want them with PSCB.
Sponsored

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Perhaps I should consider upgrading to the ceramics if this is going to be an issue. A hefty levy but better than a potential 10% Brexit fee and at least I would get something in return for the cost. I wonder if a spec change at this late stage would delay things / is even possible.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Mission E has turned into Mission Impossible for those that want them with PSCB.
I spoke to the dealer and my production complete is still showing as November 27, however my V250 lock isn't due until the 13th (Friday, lucky me!) so I'm now concerned as it tries to lock then I'm going to face the same issue as you.

Did yours throw up this problem as the system tried to lock your order? I put my order in with PSCB months ago and haven't tinkered with it since.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I spoke to the dealer and my production complete is still showing as November 27, however my V250 lock isn't due until the 13th (Friday, lucky me!) so I'm now concerned as it tries to lock then I'm going to face the same issue as you.

Did yours throw up this problem as the system tried to lock your order? I put my order in with PSCB months ago and haven't tinkered with it since.
You might be ok as I switch to mission E and PSCB about a month ago but when my dealer confirmed the spec he got an error on spec 1ZP but ironically not when I changed it but just before lock. He called it a stop order for any allocation remaining in November and December. I assume if someone already locked and didn’t get the stop order, their car will be built as speced. This stop order cost me 60 days of waiting. Keep me posted as you might want to ask your dealer if your preload order has a stop order for 1ZP or what ever the code is for PSCB with white calibers as it applies to that spec too (related to PSCB brake not rotor).

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
You might be ok as I switch to mission E and PSCB about a month ago but when my dealer confirmed the spec he got an error on spec 1ZP but ironically not when I changed it but just before lock. He called it a stop order for any allocation remaining in November and December. I assume if someone already locked and didn’t get the stop order, their car will be built as speced. This stop order cost me 60 days of waiting. Keep me posted as you might want to ask your dealer if your preload order has a stop order for 1ZP or what ever the code is for PSCB with white calibers as it applies to that spec too (related to PSCB brake not rotor).
60 days is a big jump, sorry to hear that!

Thanks for the insights, do you have a screenshot of your dealer's schedule interface? Do you know if you'd already passed your V200?

This is how mine looks

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Order Delay 1B501A1D-C330-4FA2-84EE-DACB486285B5

Last edited:

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Hi guys,

Would it not be safer for you to just order it with different wheels for now and then if you still want Mission E's just order them afterwards? You could even sell the wheels you have on the car and use that to pay for the new ones and that way you avoid spending an extra 10k on Brexit tax and also avoid the delay.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks for the insights, do you have a screenshot of your dealer's schedule interface? Do you know if you'd already passed your V200?

This is how mine looks

1B501A1D-C330-4FA2-84EE-DACB486285B5.jpeg
Here are both of them

This is how mine looks

1B501A1D-C330-4FA2-84EE-DACB486285B5.jpeg
My original V200 was July 29, 2020 with a V250 date of November 20 and V260 of November 27. Now my V200 was yesterday (new order because of the PSCB) and the V250 January 15, 2021, V260 also January 15, 2021. Let me know if you see changes to your production dates.

The important date for you be ok is V250 which mine was supposed to be Nov 20th.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Sad to hear that Brexit might be a reason not to get a vehicle. I couldn't get clarity as to why other than it isn't available for Nov/Dec. Porsche should have allowed the regular brake choice until they could fill orders with the PSCB as we don't use much of the brake with regen in place. I hope you order and get it before Brexit charges the premium.
There won’t be any tariff increase, it’s a ruse..it was removed as a possibility months ago and some dealers just used it to “encourage customers to firm up orders”.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Hi guys,

Would it not be safer for you to just order it with different wheels for now and then if you still want Mission E's just order them afterwards? You could even sell the wheels you have on the car and use that to pay for the new ones and that way you avoid spending an extra 10k on Brexit tax and also avoid the delay.
I’m not certain but I don’t think the Mission Es are available after sale unless you have brakes that support them (PSCB or ceramics). I’ll ask my dealer if this is possible, thanks for the suggestion.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I’m not certain but I don’t think the Mission Es are available after sale unless you have brakes that support them (PSCB or ceramics). I’ll ask my dealer if this is possible, thanks for the suggestion.

You’re welcome.

Also, Mission e’s work with all brakes. Porsche just knew they would be the most popular so they made the expensive brakes a forced option with them. You can purchase them from sun coast or eBay. You might even find a taycan owner that would swap them for the black aero blades

Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
There won’t be any tariff increase, it’s a ruse..it was removed as a possibility months ago and some dealers just used it to “encourage customers to firm up orders”.
I’m not sure, but interested if you have any further information.

I don’t think there will be tariffs, especially as Biden is in charge and not Trump. I feel we will make compromises to get a deal.

However, I still think it is a possibility.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I’m not sure, but interested if you have any further information.

I don’t think there will be tariffs, especially as Biden is in charge and not Trump. I feel we will make compromises to get a deal.

However, I still think it is a possibility.
It’s not even about deal/no deal. Basically once your config is locked and you cannot make changes, your contract to purchase with Porsche is also locked including the price you signed up for. If you move between model years and therefore the config changes, then that is a bit of wriggle room you both get to start again but that has already happened and we are in MY21.

You will be ok

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not even about deal/no deal. Basically once your config is locked and you cannot make changes, your contract to purchase with Porsche is also locked including the price you signed up for. If you move between model years and therefore the config changes, then that is a bit of wriggle room you both get to start again but that has already happened and we are in MY21.

You will be ok
Please remember my question was about people not getting the mission E/PSCB combo for yet to lock November and December builds. This might be a US issue but anyone running into this issue, please respond. Thanks!

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@rquinton FYI, my car with PSCBs just finished production on 11.10 and was not impacted.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
My car With PSCBs was due to complete on 12th nov and Is now the 23rd nov. Don’t know reason. Could this be the reason and will it get pushed back further?
Sponsored