First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
If your rotors crapped out way early, you could claim warranty
That’s fine, but the context was a time based replacement vs wear; not manufacturing defect. If Porsche’s time based replacement fell within the warranty period, it would not be covered either.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s fine, but the context was a time based replacement vs wear; not manufacturing defect. If Porsche’s time based replacement fell within the warranty period, it would not be covered either.
You're not following my point. My point was, if there was a replacement requirement during the warranty period, your failure to do that replacement could void warranty on related downstream items being damaged (such as rotors). So during the warranty period you would be inclined to do the pad maintenance, regardless of whether it was needed or not.

However, if the warranty is already over, that is no longer a concern.

This thread is a clusterfuck.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
30 percent longer but about triple the replacement cost. idk if that shakes out in the end, but it's likely both brakes will last stupid long since regen does almost all the work. I'm not worried!
90% less brake dust is what I like most.

moto_geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S w/Sport Package
Country flag
We track and autocross our so it was no brainer from that stand point. If your never going to test the limits of your Taycan.. probably then based on your own budget. But mission wheels, they look and work great.

Last edited:

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
This discussion seems to be centered around dry, warm climates and Cars & Coffee concerns.

I am very familiar with PCCB on all sorts of Porsche cars starting with a 996 911 Turbo, then 997 Turbo progressing through Carrera GT, Panamera Turbos, 997.2 GT3RS 4.0, 918 Spyder. 991 GT3RS & GT2RS, Panamera Turbo e-Hybrid ..... etc. I agree that PCCB is cool and I especially noticed the very low brake dust compared to iron rotors which required wheel cleaning after only a few hundred miles. PCCBs are a major have-to-have for me on ICE Porsches.

Because of my PCCB experience, I decided to try PSCB on my Taycan Turbo as I was persuaded they were just as low dust, cost less than PCCB, and were intriguing from a technology standpoint.

I will not order PSCB on any future Porsche until PAG fixes what I consider a serious fault in behavior while driving in cold precipitation (cold rain, snow, sleet, etc.). If the temperature is below 35-40 °F, and it's wet, the pedal pressure required for serious slowing goes up by an order of magnitude. It initially feels as if the brakes have failed until the water is swept off the rotors for a bit and the pads can generate some heat, thus normal friction. After which, ... they seem fine ... for a while. I HATE that.

The dealer confirms that my complaint is shared by many Cayenne Turbo drivers whose cars come equipped with PSCB.

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Because of my PCCB experience, I decided to try PSCB on my Taycan Turbo as I was persuaded they were just as low dust, cost less than PCCB, and were intriguing from a technology standpoint.

I will not order PSCB on any future Porsche until PAG fixes what I consider a serious fault in behavior while driving in cold precipitation (cold rain, snow, sleet, etc.). If the temperature is below 35-40 °F, and it's wet, the pedal pressure required for serious slowing goes up by an order of magnitude. It initially feels as if the brakes have failed until the water is swept off the rotors for a bit and the pads can generate some heat, thus normal friction. After which, ... they seem fine ... for a while. I HATE that.

The dealer confirms that my complaint is shared by many Cayenne Turbo drivers whose cars come equipped with PSCB.
Are you sure that this isn’t, in part, due to the use of regen for the majority of braking, which allows water to build up on the discs, hence requiring increased pedal pressure to clear the surface water, before serious retardation can commence?

Out of interest, have you tried a Taycan with standard brakes in the same conditions?

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure that this isn’t, in part, due to the use of regen for the majority of braking, which allows water to build up on the discs, hence requiring increased pedal pressure to clear the surface water, before serious retardation can commence?

Out of interest, have you tried a Taycan with standard brakes in the same conditions?
I'm sure it's aggravated by the regenerative braking that doesn't exercise the friction brakes in a Taycan. However, a Cayenne Turbo has no such diversion of brake focus and they complain about it, too.

I only have one Taycan and it has PSCB. I try not to borrow cars to drive in bad weather ;)

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I'm sure it's aggravated by the regenerative braking that doesn't exercise the friction brakes in a Taycan. However, a Cayenne Turbo has no such diversion of brake focus and they complain about it, too.

I only have one Taycan and it has PSCB. I try not to borrow cars to drive them in bad weather ;)
Thanks for the clarification!
:like:

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag

I only have one Taycan and it has PSCB. I try not to borrow cars to drive in bad weather ;)
Out of interest, what kind of driving are you finding a problem? Having spent my first long trip in a very wet Scottish Highlands, followed by a fair few thunderstorms here in England then I’ve had zero issue or lack of confidence in the PSCB. Braking has been exemplary, however that is standard town driving and motorway/dual carriageway (inc one I use that has a lot of roundabouts to go from high speed to low in a short time). I’m guessing you mean track or really pushing it hard on a windy wet road?

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Out of interest, what kind of driving are you finding a problem? Having spent my first long trip in a very wet Scottish Highlands, followed by a fair few thunderstorms here in England then I’ve had zero issue or lack of confidence in the PSCB. Braking has been exemplary, however that is standard town driving and motorway/dual carriageway (inc one I use that has a lot of roundabouts to go from high speed to low in a short time). I’m guessing you mean track or really pushing it hard on a windy wet road?
Perhaps I should have related my experience in °C (1-4) instead of °F (35-40)?? The problem only exists below those temperatures.

COLD & wet is where the problems lie when asking for help from the friction brakes, particularly with snow, slush or sleet (using severe winter service tires) even when the road surface is merely wet.

Last edited:

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Perhaps I should have related my experience in °C (1-4) instead of °F (35-40)?? The problem only exists below those temperatures.

COLD & wet is where the problems lie when asking for help from the friction brakes, particularly with snow, slush or sleet (using severe winter service tires) even when the road surface is merely wet.
Cool, thanks wasn’t doubting you at all, just got mine when worst temps have been around 5C when very wet. Will ensure when winter hits I’m suitably circumspect till get a feel for them in that instance. 👍

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool, thanks wasn’t doubting you at all, just got mine when worst temps have been around 5C when very wet. Will ensure when winter hits I’m suitably circumspect till get a feel for them in that instance. 👍
👍

dmermans

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model X, Renault Master
Country flag
This is how they look after almost 2 years and 53 k km

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brakes 74781959-1355-4002-BC60-93AA08D43E04

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brakes 5D127D3E-C014-41B0-8447-C462515F73AD