Range changed

seymour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche tycan cross turismo
Country flag
just got my tycan cross turbo and when i picked it up the range was 213 miles having drove it back from bristol to nottingham and charged it its now 203 miles at 100% i was was expecting more as the salesman said it would increase with time is this right ?
Sponsored

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
just got my tycan cross turbo and when i picked it up the range was 213 miles having drove it back from bristol to nottingham and charged it its now 203 miles at 100% i was was expecting more as the salesman said it would increase with time is this right ?
The estimated range is more of a guesstimate, especially early on. It will slowly creep up as it learns your driving habits. But more than anything, temperature affects range, colder temps lower it, warmer temps increase it.

We keep ours charged to 85% and the range shows 170-200 depending on the temps.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It will improve over time but not massively.

Temperature (ambient and battery) will play a key role

In summer you can expect 250 - 270 with the performance battery plus and 220 (max) this time of year - 3C.

Note that the miles will tumble with AC heating on.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Mine, with the small battery, went gradually from about 190 to 260 miles (summer; less in cool weather)..so be patient. Hint: use ECO for AC: it improves range and AC normally works just fine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine, with the small battery, went gradually from about 190 to 260 miles (summer; less in cool weather)..so be patient. Hint: use ECO for AC: it improves range and AC normally works just fine.
These numbers are unfortunately unattainable in UK with the standard battery.

Taycan Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera
Country flag
When a Taycan is new, in order to seat the brakes, there is very little regeneration on braking. Once the vehicle starts regenerating fully on braking you will see your range increase.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I've only had my 4S CT for 4 days.
I have pre heat /cool on. I Use the heated seats and heated steering wheel all the time. I as also use the rear screen /exterior mirror heating, and drive it like a proper sports (well... It is a proper sports car! ?).... And I get 203 miles for a full/100% charge.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the guess o meter will fluctuate a bit depending on your driving during your last few drives.
recently after returning from a few hundred mile road trip the estimated range took a nosedive because on the last days of the trip I was driving at well over 80 MPH which will use more energy, after a few weeks of "normal" driving the estimated indicated range has returned to reporting what I expect it to be which is about 200 mile @ 80% SOC. it had been down as low as 162 miles at 80% SOC.
I have the larger performance battery.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yeah I was a bit surprised at how much of an impact AC heating has (I'm assuming aircon i.e. cooling has same impact?). Driving to the body-paint shop this AM my range was showing 185 - turned AC off went to 203!! Messing about with fan strength, temp etc. and it varied a LOT - anywhere from an 8-20 miles reduction.

When in Eco you essentially half these impact numbers so indeed good advice there except perhaps in the dead of summer in Houston where Eco ain''t going to cut it :)

Thought I recall reading (long bef. purchase) that the AC system had far less of an impact but obviously not the case, so summer will be interesting here re overall range as not an option to live w/o AC in June-Sept.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Does the heat pump come standard in the UK?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah I was a bit surprised at how much of an impact AC heating has (I'm assuming aircon i.e. cooling has same impact?).
your assumption is not correct. A/C cooling has much less of an impact on range than heating the car

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
This is about 140 miles presumably at higher than average speeds and outside temps around 0-5 degrees Celsius. These combined will likely lower the estimated range temporarily.

If you push the car, you will quickly learn that in the real world, the car will exceed that range.

When I took in my CT4 in November, it had an estimated 205 miles of range at 100% in normal mode, and I immediately road tripped it 600+ miles going about 80mph the majority of that time. To be fair, it was much nicer weather in Texas, but my very first charge was 225 miles away, and I made it there with over 10% battery to spare, so clearly had a lot more range than its initial estimate. Even by the time I got home, the car only told me I have about 220 miles of range even though I had already cleared that easily.

It took about a month or so of my usual routine of mostly freeway driving for it to slowly increase the range estimate, where it now sits at 265 miles on a full charge in normal mode.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This is about 140 miles presumably at higher than average speeds and outside temps around 0-5 degrees Celsius. These combined will likely lower the estimated range temporarily.

If you push the car, you will quickly learn that in the real world, the car will exceed that range.

When I took in my CT4 in November, it had an estimated 205 miles of range at 100% in normal mode, and I immediately road tripped it 600+ miles going about 80mph the majority of that time. To be fair, it was much nicer weather in Texas, but my very first charge was 225 miles away, and I made it there with over 10% battery to spare, so clearly had a lot more range than its initial estimate. Even by the time I got home, the car only told me I have about 220 miles of range even though I had already cleared that easily.

It took about a month or so of my usual routine of mostly freeway driving for it to slowly increase the range estimate, where it now sits at 265 miles on a full charge in normal mode.
Good to hear - your starting range was identical to my starting range - I'm already up to 255 miles now at 100% and only done 350 miles (embarrassed to say!) - will be doing some longer jaunts shortly and will be well pleased if I get that ca. 270 range/normal mode.
Sponsored