Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What kind of interest rates are you all seeing for the Taycan 4S from Porsche Finance, assuming (after all you own a Porsche) and you have pretty stellar credit in 750s+?

My wife thinks it's better to pay cash. I'm thinking it's better to invest the $140K in Apple stock (or whatever).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
What kind of interest rates are you all seeing for the Taycan 4S from Porsche Finance, assuming (after all you own a Porsche) you have pretty stellar credit in 750s+?

My wife thinks it's better to pay cash. I'm thinking it's better to invest the $140K in Apple stock (or whatever).
That is the route I took. Financed 2/3 to avoid the tax hit of liquidating the whole thing. AAPL paid for this car!

mmarrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Thanks! That's what I was quoted too. I'm wondering if there's a better rate Porsche has available.
I'm in the bay area and got 2.09% for 60 months with Bank of America. You can request a quote online and if approved they send you a code your dealer can use. I've banked with them for a number of years so I think it's a preferred rate.

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
What kind of interest rates are you all seeing for the Taycan 4S from Porsche Finance, assuming (after all you own a Porsche) and you have pretty stellar credit in 750s+?

I got a 5yr loan with a 2.6% interest rate from my credit union. I considered paying cash but it doesn’t make sense to pay cash for a depreciating asset especially when rates are this low.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks! That's what I was quoted too. I'm wondering if there's a better rate Porsche has available.
No, Porsche does not offer rates that are competitive with US banks or credit unions. There is zero advantage to financing a car with Porsche.

If you are planning on purchasing, invest the $150K and you can easily see a rate of return somewhere in the 10% range.

Credit Union Rates today are as low as 2.14%, bank rates are as low as 2.19%

Rgee27

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8, Mamba 4 Cross Turismo on order
Country flag

Redwood Credit Union has great rates... I was approved for something like 2.5%... you get a interest rate reduction for EVs also. Are you buying from Porsche Marin?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
The best I’ve seen this week is 1.74% up to 48mo, EV and direct deposit discounts from a credit union (DCU).

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Redwood Credit Union has great rates... I was approved for something like 2.5%... you get a interest rate reduction for EVs also. Are you buying from Porsche Marin?
No. I found a better deal on the peninsula. Thanks for the info!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well here in Denmark I did finance it through my bank - loan is about 2/3 of the purchase price. My rate is 0 (zero) % and over 60 months. I did cost about 1200 USD to setup the loan (registration of security for the loan in the car)

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No kidding!! Today, I got approved for a $90K loan through Redwood CU at an interest rate of 2.04%. It would have been .25% higher, but they have a special interest rate if the vehicle being financed is an EV. I told Burlingame Porsche about this interest rate to see if they could come close, or maybe make up the difference with a discount on the car based upon Porsche Financial's best offer to me of 2.99% and they wouldn't budge.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
It's never a good idea to pay cash for a strictly depreciating asset, and with interest rates as low as they are, you should finance as much as possible.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
I got 36mo 1.75% with Fairwinds credit union. Limited to South FL though.
Sponsored