Fozzwoody

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4s Convertible, BMW 520d
Country flag
Maybe Porsche could add it to the options list... I'm guessing it would be around £350 for some plastic tube, knowing their prices for everything!
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Maybe Porsche could add it to the options list... I'm guessing it would be around £350 for some plastic tube, knowing their prices for everything!
It'd be named Porsche Relief Tube (the base option), and there'd be the Porsche Hygienic Active Relief Tubing System for ~2k.

This thread has gone down the drain, hasn't it.. (I'll see myself out now.)

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I'm waiting for my Cross Turismo build slot, having ordered in October 22. I'm interested to hear what actual mileages owners are achieving, and whether there is much difference between the wheel sizes.
I drive 600 miles a week and a large chunk of this is a 250 mile each way drive along motorways and dual carriageway. I have a 7KW charger at either end, and am wondering what the chances of doing a non stop trip are? Slim, I guess!
From what I've read, at least the Taycan seems to give reasonably accurate mileages , compared with my previous Ipace which used to "lose" 15% of its range even with reasonably gentle use of my right foot.
I know Porsche have eked out more range recently, which will help, but wondered how close any owners were getting to my target of 250 mile range consistently? I am aware of the difference that weather conditions and use of heated seats etc. can make.

I have seen the mileage calculator on the Porsche GB website, where you can simulate the type of driving that you do, and it produces an estimate, but real world figures are always better. Some owners seem to mention getting 3 miles per KWh, which would persumably get close to 250 miles, if the usable battery is, say, 84 kwH. Does anyone obtain more than 3 miles per Kwh on motorway driving?
I have had a Taycan CT 4S on 21in CT wheels. Roof bars too. Worst range 180.. best range 256 miles. I was in a similar position, regular 220 mile return trips but never felt able to chance it. Beware of the software mod.. mine dropped after upgrade last October and all sorts of other things started playing up too... Boot lock, dash screen, heater etc... hopefully I've just been unlucky and replacement due this week will be 100%

OP
OP

Fozzwoody

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4s Convertible, BMW 520d
Country flag
Thanks - I'd not thought about the roof bars, and what impact they could have. I guess bars and 21's will be the worst case, range wise, but look great!
At the moment, with all the heater issues, on top of the 12v battery fiasco, I'll be pleased to get the car this year and start to investigate the 220 - 250 range issue myself! In the mean time, trudging up and down in a 150k mileage 5 series diesel without having any "range anxiety" is my world...
Sponsored