Recall Update

Juan19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Brought my 2020 Turbo in for the previously scheduled OTA updates on Monday. After they had it for two days, I asked the service manager to confirm if they were going to be able to do the update for the recall issue at the same time.

Here is her response: We attempted the recall, but towards the end of the recall it failed which also caused the control unit for the connect to fail. One we get the new control unit in (possibly today or tomorrow) we will install it and then attempt to do the recall again.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not yet - doesn't fill me with confidence though. Booked in for next Weds for the recall :headbang:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I had a control unit fail when midway through my first year of ownership. Definitely a thing that is separate from the update. It seems like there were issues with the control units in the 2020 model year, so it's good to get it replaced. It took a long time for them to figure out how to provision the new control unit, however. Hopefully, the lessons from the earlier experiences of dealers installing and provisions is well-communicated and documented now.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My car shows in the Porsche recall checker finally.
Going to try and book the fix. Again.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
NHTSA site safercar.gov also showing the recall available now. Appointment booked for Saturday morning.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
My car shows in the Porsche recall checker finally.
Going to try and book the fix. Again.
I went in to my dealer for the power interruption sofware fix , starts with “AB”, about 2 weeks ago. Shortly afterwards, car still showed recalls. I just now checked the NHTSA app, Safer Car, and my car now shows no recalls.

Porsche Taycan Recall Update Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 12.45.39 PM

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
I just now received an email about the recall. My car is not due for 3 weeks :) But it's good to know they are really starting to inform everyone.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I just now received an email about the recall. My car is not due for 3 weeks :) But it's good to know they are really starting to inform everyone.
I just got my email notification too.

Hopefully, someone will start an official 'recall results' thread on this forum so we can see what negative side effects (if any) the recall introduces. I'd kind of like to see what happens to other users before taking the plunge myself.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I just got my email notification too.

Hopefully, someone will start an official 'recall results' thread on this forum so we can see what negative side effects (if any) the recall introduces. I'd kind of like to see what happens to other users before taking the plunge myself.
I also got the recall letter, can anyone that has had the recall software comment? I am also curious, my taycan is one of the 2019 models (low production) and has performed flawless, would hate that flawless record to change :)

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Same here have my appointment on aug 6 for the recall work on my 2021 4s. That said I’ve not had any issues since delivery (dec 2020) and nearly 4000 miles
Sponsored