Recall updates not available from dealer?

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have been calling dealer for weeks now and keep getting told that the updates for the recall are not available from Porsche yet. I have received both email and USPS mail on the recall. Local dealers closer to where I live now tell me they can’t do it and I need to go to where I purchased the car. Any others having difficulty. 2021 Cherry red RWD. Thank you
Sponsored

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Local dealers closer to where I live now tell me they can’t do it and I need to go to where I purchased the car.
Unless there's more to that story, I would interpret that as being told to go F myself. And I'd return the sentiment more loudly and colorfully.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been calling dealer for weeks now and keep getting told that the updates for the recall are not available from Porsche yet. I have received both email and USPS mail on the recall. Local dealers closer to where I live now tell me they can’t do it and I need to go to where I purchased the car. Any others having difficulty. 2021 Cherry red RWD. Thank you
That's just plain weird. The dealers get paid handsomely for warranty/recall service regardless of where the car was purchased from. The service center is the most profitable part of the business next to the finance operation. I smell a rat! We're not talking Porsche Greenwich are we?

OP
OP

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
That's just plain weird. The dealers get paid handsomely for warranty/recall service regardless of where the car was purchased from. The service center is the most profitable part of the business next to the finance operation. I smell a rat! We're not talking Porsche Greenwich are we?
No purchased in Danbury. Closest is Wallingford and told their Taycan tech is on medical leave for months and Hoffman in Hartford told me I need to go to dealer where purchased.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
No purchased in Danbury. Closest is Wallingford and told their Taycan tech is on medical leave for months and Hoffman in Hartford told me I need to go to dealer where purchased.
I have purchased and serviced 10 Porsches between the Danbury and Fairfield dealers. Both would welcome the service revenue. The Greenwich dealer once tried to sell me a car on the showroom floor with a cracked windshield. The conversation didn’t go too far.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I got the recall done quickly and not at the dealer I bought from. Was also provided a premium loaner as well. Sounds like bs to me.
A side note though - when they finished, I was told I had to come back for an additional update because all my steering wheel controls were non functional! I was given the choice of leaving the car or taking it back until the module came in from Germany. I decided to take it home (who needs volume control etc on the steering wheel?).
A day later everything came back on it's own, and it has worked flawlessly for a month now!!! No new module needed. :clap:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
The ongoing saga of US Porsche dealers :-(

Why do they have such an odd way of communicating with their (valued) customers?
Sponsored