Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting.
When you read these 18-23 page documents for each of the 3 campaigns, all 3 instruction sets updated twice within a week, you get some idea of what the service techs are having to deal with.

(I especially like the instructions to ignore the first test result.... )

Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661353998734

Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661354227546

Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661354060048

Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661354113654

Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661354548912

Last edited:
OP
OP
rs38

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I like one of the last test tasks:

During the test drive, a navigation destination that is further away than the available remaining range of the vehicle must be entered at least 4 times until charge planning is fully charged. Updating the central computer (PCM) takes a set time for charging planning. Only relevant for vehicles with the Porsche Charging Planner function
reminds me a bit like praying and hoping with a crystal sphere
Porsche Taycan WNJ8, WNK1, ANA6 Software Updates & Recall details 1661357516893

🤞

and repeat with step 3.2b

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like one of the last test tasks:

During the test drive, a navigation destination that is further away than the available remaining range of the vehicle must be entered at least 4 times until charge planning is fully charged. Updating the central computer (PCM) takes a set time for charging planning. Only relevant for vehicles with the Porsche Charging Planner function

reminds me a bit like praying and hoping with a crystal sphere

🤞

and repeat with step 3.2b
:CWL: I missed that one.
If my car comes out of these updates in working order, I'm going back and tipping the tech.

Hey, I can't wait till we get to do these updates OTA......

Last edited:

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Oh my! " Due to the high number of incorrect programming steps carried out as part of the last software update (VR12.1.1), a checklist was created to improve the overview of the work to be carried out.".

Double oh my! " Failure to maintain this voltage could result in damaged control unit(s). Damage caused by inadequate voltage during programming is not a warrantable defect.".

The pressure is really on the Porsche service techs to make sure this is done right. Which I get, but still seems a bit tough on them.

(Bolding and underlining added)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Double oh my! " Failure to maintain this voltage could result in damaged control unit(s). Damage caused by inadequate voltage during programming is not a warrantable defect.".

The pressure is really on the Porsche service techs to make sure this is done right. Which I get, but still seems a bit tough on them.
Not really. Any worthwhile tech knows to connect a battery charger/tender while doing ECM/PCM/BCM/etc... programming.

tardis67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 79.2 kWh Sport Chrono Package
Country flag
WNJ8 - Update to Software Network VR19.0.1 (Workshop Campaign)
2020 up to 2022 MY Taycans
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10217267-0001.pdf

WNK1 - Update to Software Network VR19.0.1 (Workshop Campaign) for 2022 MY Taycans
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10217268-0001.pdf

ANA6 - Re-Programming Central Computer (PCM) (Stop Delivery / Recall Campaign)
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10217262-0001.pdf
mine only took 4.5 HOURS. SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED FINE. ADDED COLOR ICONS. ONLY THING I MISS IS THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE PIC FOR THE 4S

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
My MY'20 was turned into the shop on Monday. I should get it back today. I am having the software update, any outstanding recall, a light fixed on the passenger door, a 2 year bumper to bumper inspection, fluids (water?....what else?), etc.

After reading this thread, it will be amazing if it works at all!

Spyerx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
My car (jan delivery 22 CT4) went in for the software update. It bricked my speedo dash, they had to replace it.
They also replaced the camera for ACC (another service bulletin)
Also had them finally do the interior motion sensor
And also want my mobile connect charger to update it - seems like an update to limit charge rate - I never used it (I use a charge point at home)

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Bellevue just pushed out my appointment as they said they are allocating 1 week per Taycan. I was scheduled for mid-August, and they pushed it to mid September and they texted this morning that they need to move it to mid-October. Hearing about it done in 4.5 hours is such a big discrepancy as to what my dealer is telling me.

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Dropped my ‘21 off yesterday at 8am and chatted with the SA about the update. He said that they are fighting Porsche on the billable hours for the update. Porsche claims it should take 4.5 hrs and most of the time it takes much longer. So the techs and dealer are left in the lurch if the update takes longer (usually does).

And no surprise, it’s been a huge strain on their resources with the recall.
I don’t expect to get my car back until Monday afternoon at earliest.

OP
OP
rs38

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
did anyone really get a new printed owner manual for the car with the uPdate as mentioned in the TI?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
did anyone really get a new printed owner manual for the car with the uPdate as mentioned in the TI?
@4thPcar did:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ana6-recall-update-update.11973/post-178686
Earliest I could schedule my uPdate is late November, but I've never opened the old printed manual, so not getting the new one will only be a problem in the event of a nuclear war, when electromagnetic pulses fry my cellphone so I can't read the digital manual. Oh wait, that would fry the Taycan electronics as well . . . .

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Dropped my ‘21 off yesterday at 8am and chatted with the SA about the update. He said that they are fighting Porsche on the billable hours for the update. Porsche claims it should take 4.5 hrs and most of the time it takes much longer. So the techs and dealer are left in the lurch if the update takes longer (usually does).

And no surprise, it’s been a huge strain on their resources with the recall.
I don’t expect to get my car back until Monday afternoon at earliest.
4.5 hours ? lol ... Porsche is pushing the cost down to dealers for their SW ineptitude.. My dealer is awesome and speaking to them not one pre 22 Taycan has been done that fast.. plus they are investing in 4 new 'bays' at 18k per for EV's ( antipating the Macan EV)... if they had a clue on how to do OTA Porsche could mitigate some of this... over time I am assuming (hoping !) they eventually will.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
My SA also mentioned they are fighting PCNA on how much they get paid for each update. He said they budget two days for each job and that each ties up a PIWIS for an extended period of time, especially if the update goes wrong. That makes it harder for them to service all the other cars, so they are only scheduling two Taycan updates each week. They are booked out to November with ANA6s.
Sponsored