Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
I had a strange email from DirectLine today who say they are not going to renew my insurance this year. No reason was given and apart from a new windscreen I have had no claims. I am retired with more than nine years No claims. Any advice on insurers to try?
Sponsored

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I had a strange email from DirectLine today who say they are not going to renew my insurance this year. No reason was given and apart from a new windscreen I have had no claims. I am retired with more than nine years No claims. Any advice on insurers to try?
My DirectLine renewal came up recently and just the same - Admiral came out best

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Try the comparison sites, and also eSure if they're not included. Between them and Admiral I suspect you'll get the best quote currently.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The car insurance market in the UK over the last 6 to 9 months is....well to put it bluntly completery fudged.

Premiums (especially for EVs and worse still for premium EVs like Tacans) have sky rocketed and many otherwise acceptable risks are being declined cover by their incumbent insurers or facing unheard of premium increases.

We've all variously been affected. I left Admiral after a 180% premium uplift and eventually settled on esure. Plenty of other providers that wanted my business in previous years simply didn't quote. I've thankfully got a clean license and no claims going back 24 years but I do live in Islington part time, so that's my achilles...

Last edited:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I had a similar ‘not interested’ message from Churchill. Looked around and couldn’t find anything under £2,500 including Saga. Admiral then came up trumps with £860 when I tagged onto the family’s multi-car policy.

I’ve just turned 60, full NCB and no points etc and paid just under £500 for the new car last year. Never thought I’d look on £800+ insurance as ‘decent’ value lol. Still don’t but, there’s not much negotiating on offer.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Esure trebled the cost at renewal. Now with Admiral - excellent service so far!

OP
OP

Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your advice. I am 69 with 9+ years no claims living in Cornwall. I got a number of quotes for my 2023 ct 4s. Admiral platinum was £979 = 50% more than direct line last year. Saga was £2500 and taking the piss. So I went on compare the meerkat and ended up with top AA package at £710.
Sponsored