Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I use goof off the strong version, and put behind badge to soften glue. put a cloth below badge to catch excess drips. then floss away!
Sponsored

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I did mine (only because the dealer was supposed to replace the matte black badge with a gloss black one and I couldnt be bothered going back in, so they posted it out to me).

It's very easy on the Taycan as the badge doesn't have a big surface area for the adhesive. Fishing to remove and bug & tar remover on a microfibre cloth to get ride of any residue.

I've done this on many cars and a bit of heat with a heat gun or hairdryer is worth while as well.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Does isopropyl alcohol work well?
after removing badge, you would want to use a degreaser or al
Why on earth do you want to de-badge seems totally pointless.
My car is white, My wheets are white and black. I would like solid black badge for my wheels and solid white bade for my hood. where can i find these? or where can i find extra badges so i can paint them?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve used dental floss, no heat. Should come right off. Try just rolling excess glue off first, before you use any type of solvent. I would not use rubbing alcohol, as it can cause some paints to haze.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Why on earth do you want to de-badge seems totally pointless.
Clean design - clean look. All my cars with emblems are de-badged. DeLorean came with no badge as well as others in the collection. I ordered my Taycan without.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Clean design - clean look. All my cars with emblems are de-badged. DeLorean came with no badge as well as others in the collection. I ordered my Taycan without.
There was only ever one stainless Delores and if you don’t want a badge that’s fine I think but deliberately removing a badge that’s there for vanity reasons seems pretty pointless!

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
after removing badge, you would want to use a degreaser or al

My car is white, My wheets are white and black. I would like solid black badge for my wheels and solid white bade for my hood. where can i find these? or where can i find extra badges so i can paint them?
I think I have more important things to focus on in my life!

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
I wonder if de-badging a high-trim car (Turbo S, Turbo and maybe GTS) can somewhat hurt a car's resale value. While any of you who has done it clearly doesn't care, I have to imagine there must be buyers out there who would really want the world to know they drive a Turbo S when they buy a used one?

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
There was only ever one stainless Delores and if you don’t want a badge that’s fine I think but deliberately removing a badge that’s there for vanity reasons seems pretty pointless!
A lot of things that are done for vanity reasons are pointless. Does the Taycan really need an "electric" badge? Do we really need model designations on the side of car if it's in the back as well? I prefer debadged, or just "Taycan" regardless of trim level. Sorry, but there's just too much going on in the back with "Taycan Turbo S". I could care less what people think I have, it takes a real enthusiast to really know which trim level you have without any model or trim designation.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
  1. In prior threads on the de-badging topic, European forum members pointed out that de-badging in Europe is more common with higher trims than with lower trims of the same model/family. The justification is that they get less negative attention when there's no badge advertising the high sales price of their car. On Porsches, the trim level is generally still visible on the door sill plates.
  2. For those concerned about resale of a de-badged Taycan, note that retrofit badges are reasonably priced from Suncoast etc.
Some prior threads on the topic of de-badging:

Last edited:
OP
OP
magnitude

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In prior threads on the de-badging topic, European forum members pointed out that de-badging in Europe is more common with higher trims than with lower trims of the same model/family. The justification is that they get less negative attention when there's no badge advertising the high sales price of their car. On Porsches, the trim level is generally still visible on the door sill plates.
Yeah. I am from Europe. It's been a long time since I came to the US by now, but I did grow up into adulthood there, and am still used to some of the customs.

For those concerned about resale of a de-badged Taycan, note that retrofit badges are reasonably priced from Suncoast etc.
Indeed. Apparently it's really easy to get a new badge, otherwise I don't think it would be worth doing.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered mine without the badges and love the clean look. If anyone feels sad that I only have , in their eyes, a rwd model, tough sxxx. I don't care. I would also recommend you use good old WD40 to remove the excess glue. Works great for tar as well.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I agree with those on de-badging. I bought a car to enjoy it myself, not impress people. I de-badged mine and I'd definitely do it again. I prefer that someone who doesn't 'know', stays ignorant. It's also more fun that way with the look on faces - if you can still see them in the rear-view ;)
Sponsored