Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I saw a lot of fellow software engineers are on this forum and are Taycan owners. I’m one myself, and I was wondering, did any of you already succeed in bringing your car to your smart home? I know about IPace and Tesla integrations, but can’t find something for Porsche.

I believe it would be kind of cool to check from my smart home app (Home, Homekit in my case) to see if the car is present at home, its battery status and its charging status. But I could also do some automations based on the cars presence, like drive way lighting when the car is moving etc

If nothing exists yet, I’ll try to make it myself, but don’t want to invest much time if somebody already got it working.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Mine is connected via PMCC and Tibber (utility company).
Got current status, home or not, charing data etc.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I saw a lot of fellow software engineers are on this forum and are Taycan owners. I’m one myself, and I was wondering, did any of you already succeed in bringing your car to your smart home? I know about IPace and Tesla integrations, but can’t find something for Porsche.

I believe it would be kind of cool to check from my smart home app (Home, Homekit in my case) to see if the car is present at home, its battery status and its charging status. But I could also do some automations based on the cars presence, like drive way lighting when the car is moving etc

If nothing exists yet, I’ll try to make it myself, but don’t want to invest much time if somebody already got it working.

I have automated the lights in my garage with Philips HUE lights with a motion detector. Works like a charm. My garage opener is compatible with IFTTT and oher things but honestly I have the HomeLink option in my car and it is a 1-sec click there.

As for charging, I have a Wallbox with scheduling; it works together with the car scheduler (set independently) and it charges the car to 85% automatically. it works great and gives me smartphone notifications etc.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
The short answer from what I have seen is No, there is this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-client-software-development.3633/page-3#post-50250 where some progress has been made but it does not seem to have a nice API like Tesla does.

I am waiting to receive my car before delving into it in more detail. With the Tesla API I created an app that would charge the car when the energy prices were cheapest on the Octopus Energy Agile Tariff ( time of use tariff where the prices vary every half an hour) and also set it up in home assistant by writing a bit of Python code. Hopefully something similar will be possible with the Taycan which I may pursue once it finally arrives!

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I decided to create a plugin myself, more info here