Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Taycan isn't a sportscar in that context.
It's a sporty 4-door sedan, just like the Panamera.
A 911 and 718 are thoroughbred sportscars.
Bmw 3 series is a sports sedan. Putting taycan in the same category with a 3 series would be misleading. Taycan's proportions, seating position, chasis center of gravity, steering system, the entire setup of it is a lot more aggressive and properly feels purposely built for sports performance compared to a standard sports sedan, which typically defines sportier version of a standard sedan vehicle that is fitted with a more powerful engine an maybe a sportier suspension setup.
Sponsored

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Bmw 3 series is a sports sedan. Putting taycan in the same category with a 3 series would be misleading. Taycan's proportions, seating position, chasis center of gravity, steering system, the entire setup of it is a lot more aggressive and properly feels purposely built for sports performance compared to a standard sports sedan, which typically defines sportier version of a standard sedan vehicle that is fitted with a more powerful engine an maybe a sportier suspension setup.
I owned both a 3 series and a Cayman, and I can tell you Taycan feels a lot closer to a Cayman than a 3-series.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
sports car <noun>
a low-built car designed for performance at high speeds.

so.. the taycan is low - my wifes only issue with the car.. and its fast and definitely performs at high speeds.

To me its more of a sports car. Macan is too high to be a sports car, sorry.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just returned from the dealer. Drooled over a couple of taycans for an hour.

It looks like a sports car but once I sat inside... VERY mixed feelings.

I drive an mb which always felt very solid compared to cars like Renaults, Peugeot, etc. I once almost ripped a Peugeot's door once as I'm used to the heavy, solid feel of my own door and today, for the first time ever, I felt my mb was flimsy compared to the taycan. I'm serious. On one hand I felt like sitting down in a spaceship. Loved the feeling. On the other hand I felt I was inside an armored vehicle. Not in a bad sense but that thing is WIDE and BIG.

I actually think I have more leg space in the back then in my mb.

I don't know what the Taycan is... Spaceship? Sports car? Tank? Armored vehicle?

All I know is 1) I loved it and 2) it somehow scared me. This isn't a Z3 nor a lotus elise. It's massive.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Taycan is equivalent to (or better than) many sports cars when driving on the road. It’s only when a vehicle like Taycan is on a track that the separation between road car and sports car becomes evident. True sports cars are “naturals” on the track. From what I have seen of the Taycan, its competent and capable on the track but not a natural there….just too much weight.

If the debate is into this level of minutiae, the Taycan owners are winning.
Sponsored