Softer brakes post update

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Edit
It is the "hold" function. In my case, when in "hold" on an incline, the brakes stay depressed until the accelerator is depressed. Before, this was not the case, or at least it was not that noticeable. Also, when the "hold" function is engaged, its light indicator should be visible on the instrument cluster but I don't see it.
If you are in the standard display mode for the instrument cluster (3 circles) a green HOLD icon appears right above the speedometer number when the car is in the hold position.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Honestly I wish there was no creep at all, or at least an option to toggle it like Tesla has.
At least we have the 'hold' function

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I noticed a change in the brakes post AMB5 update, too. A little more play/squish in the brakes and you have to press a bit harder. When coming to a stop and the speed hits under 5mph, something definitely changes and you have to press the brake even harder. It also feels like the recuperation is more aggressive at times. Driving in higher speed rush hour stop and go traffic is hard to maintain smooth stopping.

Last edited:

dohc75a

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, BMW i3, GTR, R1T TBD 2022
Country flag
Had to take the car to the shop for PSM error that pops up during braking. I'm also having porsche check the soft / mushy brake feel along w/ odd noise the brake pedal makes during braking. PSM error disappear after vehicle restart but PSM error comes back after every drive w/ regen activated braking. It seems like the length with which pedal goes down changes everytime you try to slow down the car. Pretty disturbing and dangerous. This brake system design need to be further sorted.

Porsche Taycan Softer brakes post update IMG_9866

Porsche Taycan Softer brakes post update IMG_9871-2

Attachments

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Left my 4S in for the update on Monday, collected it Wednesday and the brakes seem softer with less bite and more ramble.. Has anyone else noticed this, I didn’t think that was part of the update? Thanks
Which update - current safety recall from 1/3/22,?

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Had to take the car to the shop for PSM error that pops up during braking. I'm also having porsche check the soft / mushy brake feel along w/ odd noise the brake pedal makes during braking. PSM error disappear after vehicle restart but PSM error comes back after every drive w/ regen activated braking. It seems like the length with which pedal goes down changes everytime you try to slow down the car. Pretty disturbing and dangerous. This brake system design need to be further sorted.

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9871-2.jpg
Sounds a lot like what I experienced last year. It turned out that my brake module was the culprit and needed replaced. Everything has been working fine since I got the new brake module.

dohc75a

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, BMW i3, GTR, R1T TBD 2022
Country flag
Sounds a lot like what I experienced last year. It turned out that my brake module was the culprit and needed replaced. Everything has been working fine since I got the new brake module.
+1 - That's reassuring & thanks for the feedback. Will let the service mgr know.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I noticed a change in the brakes post AMB5 update, too. A little more play/squish in the brakes and you have to press a bit harder. When coming to a stop and the speed hits under 5mph, something definitely changes and you have to press the brake even harder. It also feels like the recuperation is more aggressive at times. Driving in higher speed rush hour stop and go traffic is hard to maintain smooth stopping.
Don't know if I posted this in this thread earlier, but see Porsche memo regarding brakes, given to me with complaints similar to yours.
Sponsored

Attachments