Taycan 12v battery dead after one day...

Frans

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Renault Espace 2015
Country flag
Same thing for me after 2 days. When the service guy powered it on again I noticed that the car had not charged over night. It was connected to my home charger.
Today I noticed that I plugged in the charger and it didn't start to charge again. Replugged the plug and charging started. Perhaps this was the cause of the 12v drain?
Sponsored

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
sufficient to say - there is _NO_ reason for an EV with a mostly charged main battery to ever let the 12 volt battery die - even if you leave the lights on…porsche has fixed this hopefully in the latest software updates - the data so far is good news - the combination of updated 12 volt battery firmware and main car software seems to be much better at managing the 12 volt battery.
Given Hawks issues, do you think he has old software or is the problem still there? I assume he can see what software version he is running somewhere like in a Tesla.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I have no reason to believe this issue has been addressed with any software/hardware that has been released by Porsche for the Taycan. We know the summer release fixed/resolved one specific cause of this problem for @louv 's Taycan (his problem went from being reproducible to non-reproducible after the software fix) - however as with many many things software once you fix one problem it simply makes way for other problems to now present themselves.

there is no evidence/data as of this posting that this problem is resolved by Porsche even with the latest software.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One day after Taycan 4S purchase, the car was completely dead. The main battery was at 85% charge and car was plugged to home charger

The 12v battery was completely dead.

At one of the largest dealerships in Chicago area, they had no idea there was a 12v battery issue- suggested I “didn’t power it down correctly.” I said that doesn’t make any sense...
Glad I found this thread to forward to them.

1. Is replacement of the 12v battery the solution?

2. What is “reasonable” compensation from the dealer for receiving a defective brand new car?

Thanks,
Loeber ?? They need to recharge the 12V and it should be fine. Also, unplug the car after the charge is complete
Sponsored