Jguadal

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I charged my Taycan at 95% or 216 miles, but when I completed the charge and disconnect the port, the miles went from 216 to 201 miles with the car in parking. I did not move the car. i have seen this behavior in the Last 5 charges. I would like to know if this situation is normal or not.
Sponsored

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Did you have pre-heating or cooling, which reverted back to normal A/C when you disconnected the charger by chance?

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
The range estimator is meaningless as too many factors could create this. Did your SOC decline from 95% to 91% or 92%?

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Did you have pre-heating or cooling, which reverted back to normal A/C when you disconnected the charger by chance?
Yep I agree that the answer lies somewhere in the preheat and/or AC/heater settings.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, differences/decreases in guess-o-meter range estimates from reading at end of charging to later without moving the car are normal.

Also, while you are driving, watch range changes when you switch AC/heater between AC, ECO, and OFF. It is an estimate/guess from the guess-o-meter.

Not only is remaining range an estimate, but as I learned from some posts by @ciaranob, so is battery state of charge. The indicator that says battery is 46%? It is a guess, too.

Last edited:

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
SOC is a calculated value. The actual state of charge (SOC) of a battery depends on parameters (temperature, pre-heating, ...) and the range depends on parameters (previous consumption...).
So, this is absolutely normal.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I charged my Taycan at 95% or 216 miles, but when I completed the charge and disconnect the port, the miles went from 216 to 201 miles with the car in parking. I did not move the car. i have seen this behavior in the Last 5 charges. I would like to know if this situation is normal or not.
When my car is in the garage after a charge (and it’s generally warmer in there) and I exit into much colder temps, my range gets recalculated based on the outside air temp. I think what you are seeing is normal.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Things like this makes me realize why Tesla doesn't use a guess-o-meter and just lists the EPA rated range regardless of external factors. They probably figured too many people would freak out and ask for service when their range rating suddenly dropped after driving outside.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Things like this makes me realize why Tesla doesn't use a guess-o-meter and just lists the EPA rated range regardless of external factors. They probably figured too many people would freak out and ask for service when their range rating suddenly dropped after driving outside.
Sorry, not getting this. Tesla’s EPA range is longer than actual range, so people would freak out even worse, right?

FWIW, I find the P-car range to be spot on, especially if you put the destination in the nav.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
One thing Tesla actually did better was the option to display % instead of miles / km's in the main screen. While the distance can vary, SOC does not. Porsche should give this option this too.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
One thing Tesla actually did better was the option to display % instead of miles / km's in the main screen. While the distance can vary, SOC does not. Porsche should give this option this too.
Right, Porsche have put this info in the instrument cluster, which Teslas don’t seem to have? 😁 In the same screen, at a glance, I have SoC (numbers and gauge), remaining distance to empty, time and distance to destination, and ETA. Can’t think of anything missing. (instant consumption?) Estimated SoC at destination is a side glance away (on the central display).
Sponsored