Taycan 4S First Thoughts

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
+1 on:

Trunk power close is very sensitive, refuses to close even on paper grocery bags that are not full.
- Speaking of the trunk, the incessant beeping on both opening and closing is indeed annoying. Might look at unclipping it like @louv did.
- I'm very surprised that the doors don't have a soft close feature.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Soft close doors is the one Porsche option I wish the Taycan had. Well, that and being able to get summer tires on Mission E wheels for non-Turbo S cars in the US.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Soft close doors is the one Porsche option I wish the Taycan had. Well, that and being able to get summer tires on Mission E wheels for non-Turbo S cars in the US.
Yes, soft closing doors is really missing. This is particularly disappointing, when you see soft close in action on the trunk for your grocery, but not for your kids... Stuff over people? Really?

So I was wondering if that is a Porsche thing. Cannot make a car convenient enough and has to have some old school stuff left like the clock! Can that be added later?

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
My understanding is that there is a Hold function in the Taycan, but only for upward slopes. The Model X will Hold at any stop regardless of the grade. Are you able to get your Taycan to hold at any stop (maybe I'm not jamming firmly enough on the brake pedal)?
The Taycan holds automatically on an upward gradient but just press harder on brake pedal to initiate hold on other gradients.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that the Taycan allowed
It's easy to look up directions on your phone in advance and send them to your car before a drive.
For some reason I thought the Taycan offered this or at least has mentioned this before.

Could have misread

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that the Taycan allowed

For some reason I thought the Taycan offered this or at least has mentioned this before.

Could have misread
Just checked my phone and you may be right... in the Maps app on iPhone I can see that I can send a map location to the Connect app. Will have to try it when my car comes back from PPF and also see if it works when the car is in the garage but can't link to LTE from in there.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My boot (rear trunk) constantly does not close properly. No beep like you get if something jams, just stops. Pita. Been away from the car twice now in public car parking with the lid half open.

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
Agreed that soft close doors are missing.

Does anyone else regularly not close the door hard enough? For some reason my doors required a pretty decent push to close them. My kids are always leaving them partially closed.
I find myself consistently not closing the doors completely. My previous MBs over the last 20 years had them, so it’s hard getting used to not having them on this car. Even the doors on my former 911, which didn’t have them, seemed to be easier to close.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Agree on the doors. Our family, sometimes even me, have trouble closing the doors. They need to be slammed.

No issues with the trunk.

DarthRaider81

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, '18 Macan GTS, '18 RS5, '10 FX35S
Country flag
Totally true!

Totally wrong! In my option they are the worst EVs you can currently buy. I understand that in the US there is hardly any choice. But in the EU it is different, look at the stats in Norway. In China, there is so much choice and almost all of these brands know how to produce a quality car.
I think a lot of it boils down to personal preference. As far as tech is concerned I don't think anything tops what Tesla is doing. Personally however, if you gave me the preference of taking a Tesla vs a Taycan I would take a Taycan any day. 0-60 times and self-driving aren't the only things that define a car. Sit in a Tesla and sit in a Taycan and people will understand.

DarthRaider81

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, '18 Macan GTS, '18 RS5, '10 FX35S
Country flag
I find myself consistently not closing the doors completely. My previous MBs over the last 20 years had them, so it’s hard getting used to not having them on this car. Even the doors on my former 911, which didn’t have them, seemed to be easier to close.
Haha it's so funny you mention that. When we went to go take a look at our Taycan at the dealership my wife opened the back door and did not close it properly. I nearly lost it because I was walking past the car and thought that the panels were misaligned (a la Tesla), but then I just realized she didn't close the door hard enough...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think a lot of it boils down to personal preference. As far as tech is concerned I don't think anything tops what Tesla is doing...
Not in my experience. Over 3 years ago I rented a brand new MB S-Class. The "self-driving" tech was better than what I ever experienced in my MS90D. So what other tech is there? OTA Updates with buckets full of bugs?
Sponsored