Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I noticed a small difference in speed, GTS feels a bit faster. It feels like the steering feels more direct too in the GTS.
Sponsored

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Eh butt dynos are at best....subjective. You knew you were driving a GTS, Porsche says it sits above the 4S, so you're going to convince yourself you're able to feel that it was faster. Hypothetically speaking, if you didn't know what you were driving and drove both cars back to back, would you bet your house that'd you'd able to identify which is which? If you're convinced you can, then Porsche marketing dept got ya. Nothing wrong with that.
Nope I definitely didn’t need to convince myself it was faster. It was 100% noticeable especially in comfort mode. I mean the gts does have an extra 200nm so that’s gonna be noticeable. If the gts felt no different I’d have been more than happy with a 4s but the gts just had that little bit more

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Porsche website shows 68hp difference. I saw actual GTS 0-60 times tested at 3.2.
I’ve driven both, there’s a noticeable (not huge) difference.
Where did you see time of 3.2 secs? I have a GTS on order and all reviews and videos on YouTube tested and said 3.7. Which I found surprising as Porsche normally comfortably beat the stated times.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If I'm reading it correctly, the (recently added?) stats quoted for each Taycan variant on the Porsche website show the GTS has around 11% more peak torque at the wheels than the 4S- which isn't consistent with their quoted peak motor torque differences. The figures for 4S, Turbo and Turbo S are fairly consistent, so maybe there's something unique about the GTS gearing, or one of the quoted GTS numbers is incorrect?

Last edited:

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Where did you see time of 3.2 secs? I have a GTS on order and all reviews and videos on YouTube tested and said 3.7. Which I found surprising as Porsche normally comfortably beat the stated times.
I’ve seen a 3.3 somewhere on YouTube.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
A GTS and TURBO with 21" wheels, and the same performance options, will have remarkably similar handling and performance. However, with standard tires, differences are affected by the very wide GTS tires (compared to the 4S and even the Turbo).

Taycan TiresSTANDARD21" WHEELS
(all identical)
4S225/55 R19265/35 ZR21
275/45 R19305/30 ZR21
GTS*255/40 R20*265/35 ZR21
295/35 R20*305/30 ZR21
TURBO245/45 R20265/35 ZR21
285/40 R20305/30 ZR21
TURBO S>>>265/35 ZR21
>>>305/30 ZR21

* GTS Standard Tires are wider than standard TURBO tires
(Halfway between Turbo & Turbo S).

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Having had both, I would vote for the gts, especially if you are keen on sharper dynamics, it’s a noticeable upgrade all around, Porsche are always really good at making the gts feel that bit sharper. The gear change point is different in the gts too, so lots of little changes which add up. The 4s is also a fantastic car too and all you ever need.

it’s great to have a choice I guess

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
If I'm reading it correctly, the (recently added?) stats quoted for each Taycan variant on the Porsche website show the GTS has around 11% more peak torque at the wheels than the 4S- which isn't consistent with their quoted peak motor torque differences. The figures for 4S, Turbo and Turbo S are fairly consistent, so maybe there's something unique about the GTS gearing, or one of the quoted GTS numbers is incorrect?
Ac
I am waiting for an allocation for a taycan 4S but I realized that the price of my 4S is above the starting price of a gts and the gts comes with some of the options I picked as standard is there a big speed difference between the two that is noticeable and what is the main difference between the two
According to this Dyno , 4s is 50HP overrated , wonder if this is why some people say GTS is noticeably quicker

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
According to this Dyno , 4s is 50HP overrated ,
It's not, the guy in the video didn't realise that the dyno measures the power at the wheels, which is always lower than that output by the motors due to transmission losses- 448bhp at the wheels suggests maybe 490-520bhp from the motors.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a highly spaced 4S Cross Turismo with all the options. Full leather, technology package, rear axle steering, PSCB and PDCC + the massive 21” Cross Turismo wheels. MSRP was $155k. I think about moving up to a turbo but for the extra .75 seconds to 60MPH, it does not seem worth it for the Turbo badge. Honestly the 4S with the right options is a nice sweet spot for the a Taycan. My car runs a consistent 3.7 second 0-60 which is as fast as my 2021 Cayenne Turbo Coupe which this car replaced.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
So do you guys think it is worth it to buy the gts over the 4S if you have the money in your opinion
I do and did. Had a 4s and changed for a GTS.

Just for the exterior package is already worth the upgrade (side skirts, wheels, front bumper and rear diffuser).

Then you have different rear motors, different suspension settings, added performance (not huge but it’s there) and others less important (at least for me) differences like the GTS specific interior and sound.

Last but not least, a GTS (in my opinion) will always held better their value to a “normal” one.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
With a NA IC engine the power curve is just what you get, though it can be manipulated to pass pollution tests, as we have seen, but not for use.

Add an electronically controlled turbo system and there is a possibility of time or temperature (and other parameters too probably) variable boost which will mean there is really no such thing as a power curve any more, since the steady state value is unlikely to be the same as a dynamic value which may be higher for a time.
As an example once the fuel load limit was added to the F1 rules (for 1986 iirc) we used to run the engine as lean as we could get away with for reliability which meant if the throttle wasn't open for that long, like accelerating out of a corner we ran as lean as possible without losing too much power. If the throttle was open a long time, such as down long straights the ECU steadily richened the mixture to prevent piston crown getting too hot and causing detonation. This improved overall fuel per lap without losing much time.

With an electric motor the amount of power you take also depend on how long you want it for and how hot you will allow the motor to get.

What this guarantees is there is any old power curve you want, depending on how long you want it, hence the quoting of extra launch control power.

The bigger motor on the rear of the GTS will mean it would be possible to take more power for longer than from the smaller 4S motor and whether this happens and by how much will depend entirely on Porsches programming of the ECU so not something anybody will know unless Porsche publish the engine power curves and even then dynamic (harder to measure and important) or steady state (easy to measure but revealing little with an EV IMO)

For me the 4S was as fast as I can use around here.

There aren't any straight multi-lane roads with traffic lights here, so launch is something I will never use and is totally unimportant (OK I'll probably do it once to see what the fuss is about). I didn't consider the published boost power on any of the models.

So really it is about whether you prefer something other than the small difference in performance, which on roads round here wouldn't be noticed.

I liked the exterior embellishments on the GTS more and actively dislike the plastic wheelarch trim and silver inserts on the CT 4S but neither needed nor wanted a more sporty ride on out potholed roads and actually prefer the CT 21" wheels by a big margin over all other Taycan wheels. The GTS interior is black and not available for 14 way seats so whilst I did consider a GTS ST, not for long. I am buying a car for me not in the hope of appealing to whoever I eventually sell it to.

wlin

First Name
Will-I-Am
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' 9J1 CT, 21' 982 Jahre25, 21' Tesla WhtStar
Country flag
Motortrend has the 3.2 seconds 0-60 test time. Think article was Dec 2022.

Porsche shows the base battery for the 4S on the main page, which is 522. The performance battery is 562. The GTS only offers the performance battery, at 590. The difference between a performance 4S and a GTS is 28 hp. Five percent. On a 5,000 lb vehicle. Totally immaterial and impossible to feel on a butt dyno. And where have you seen an actual 3.2 test time?
Sponsored