Taycan 4S vs GTS

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
My car was scheduled for Nov production and Dec 17th arrival. Today, it shifted to a Jan 7th arrival.

Does this mean I could lose the $7,500 rebate ? Anyone in a similar situation, what did your dealer say ?

Also, my car without its discounts but with all the options I added is almost around $145k. It’s almost all turbo features. But same specs on a turbo is almost $30k more. Would it make sense to wait on a GTS. From experience what are the features GTS would have ? I’d love feedback
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No one knows the answer to this definitively nor do we know if or when (definitively) if there will be a GTS and if so will it be in saloon, CT or ST guise.

Best idea is to compare other Porsche models (all have a GTS variant) and compare this with the 4S (if it exists) or Turbo (if it exists). Generally, the GTS is a tuned down Turbo with Alcantara (race-tex) in place of extended leather as std plus one or two other cosmetic items. Wheels and brakes may be upgraded to that of the Turbo but not guaranteed.

Price wise - always between the 4S and Turbo.

Rumour has it the Turbo badge could be dropped (as per new MY22 Macan) in favour of a GTS model - if true not sure where that leaves the Turbo S - perhaps it will become a GT as per the Cayenne.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car was scheduled for Nov production and Dec 17th arrival. Today, it shifted to a Jan 7th arrival.

Does this mean I could lose the $7,500 rebate ? Anyone in a similar situation, what did your dealer say ?
I am in the exact same boat in terms of delivery. January 7th now. I am definitely worried about losing the credit. My dealer acted really confident when I placed the order that I would get it this year, but now is acting much more uncertain. He did say "Porsche will do everything they can to collect $$ before the end of the year" and often sees cars coming earlier. My understanding is so long as the car is in U.S. port and has a VIN by end of year, I can pay and get credit for the year.

What is strange is the long window between finalizing production (early November) and the delivery. Why does the shipping take so darn long?

There is a somewhat similar spec'd Taycan in my color at my dealer right now (missing a few options things I want). Because of this unknown, I debated just pulling the trigger but I want the 2022 for the Android Auto in particular.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I am in the exact same boat in terms of delivery. January 7th now. I am definitely worried about losing the credit. My dealer acted really confident when I placed the order that I would get it this year, but now is acting much more uncertain. He did say "Porsche will do everything they can to collect $$ before the end of the year" and often sees cars coming earlier. My understanding is so long as the car is in U.S. port and has a VIN by end of year, I can pay and get credit for the year.

What is strange is the long window between finalizing production (early November) and the delivery. Why does the shipping take so darn long?

There is a somewhat similar spec'd Taycan in my color at my dealer right now (missing a few options things I want). Because of this unknown, I debated just pulling the trigger but I want the 2022 for the Android Auto in particular.
Yes, I don’t understand either. Mine was for Dec 10th and now been pushed almost a month to Jan 10th. I did add the performance package to my car (before freeze date) so wonder is that’s the issue. Let me know if the dealer says it’s possible to close this year, without the car being here yet. Then I can try convincing my SA too.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I don’t understand either. Mine was for Dec 10th and now been pushed almost a month to Jan 10th. I did add the performance package to my car (before freeze date) so wonder is that’s the issue. Let me know if the dealer says it’s possible to close this year, without the car being here yet. Then I can try convincing my SA too.
My freeze date is on Wednesday but I reached out to my dealer today about adding the power charge port to my order. He told me that it would likely push back my delivery date, from his experience, so I took a pass. So it's very likely that changing your order pushed back your date.

Right now mine is 12/3 and of course I want to get it this year for the tax credit as well so not willing to delay it further.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My freeze date is on Wednesday but I reached out to my dealer today about adding the power charge port to my order. He told me that it would likely push back my delivery date, from his experience, so I took a pass. So it's very likely that changing your order pushed back your date.

Right now mine is 12/3 and of course I want to get it this year for the tax credit as well so not willing to delay it further.
Wait...so I have not uploaded any configuration at all and have not been asked to. I was told we just need to before the freeze date. Were you guys told to load a configuration before that???

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag

Also, my car without its discounts but with all the options I added is almost around $145k. It’s almost all turbo features. But same specs on a turbo is almost $30k more. Would it make sense to wait on a GTS. From experience what are the features GTS would have ? I’d love feedback
mine still shows Dec 2nd delivery.

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag

I also have 12/3 as completion date. my freeze date is 9 days away. I think it has more to do with the options you add. I ordered a 4S but it's pretty much loaded with a lot of options.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag

In my experience with Porsche (years) they will come out with a GTS at some point and it will have bells and whistles that will be significantly less than if you added them piece meal. I've had both, a 911GTS with super adds-on, and a Macan S which I ordered and received right after they come out with a GTS version. Oh well.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have 12/3 as completion date. my freeze date is 9 days away. I think it has more to do with the options you add. I ordered a 4S but it's pretty much loaded with a lot of options.
Mine's well optioned as well ($144K) but different options would probably play a factor.
Weird how we have two different freeze dates though.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Wait...so I have not uploaded any configuration at all and have not been asked to. I was told we just need to before the freeze date. Were you guys told to load a configuration before that???
Have you given your dealer any specs for initiating you order? When I first ordered, my sales agent went through and made an initial (best effort) build to get something in the system to be able to order. They told me to contact them with any changes as I solidified what I wanted, and they would input them and update their system. When I wanted to do my first change to the "best effort" build I had initially given them, I sent my dealer the Porsche ID of the build I wanted and they put it in their system. They encouraged me to always have the build I currently would want ordered in the system, as in some (rare) cases, the freeze date could bump up and come sooner. I thought this wasn't right and odd, but I always made sure to send my dealer any build changes ASAP and bug them until they updated my build in their system, just in case. I don't know if my experience is typical, or if anyone has ever heard of a freeze date coming up quicker than slated?...just my $.02.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Have you given your dealer any specs for initiating you order? When I first ordered, my sales agent went through and made an initial (best effort) build to get something in the system to be able to order. They told me to contact them with any changes as I solidified what I wanted, and they would input them and update their system. When I wanted to do my first change to the "best effort" build I had initially given them, I sent my dealer the Porsche ID of the build I wanted and they put it in their system. They encouraged me to always have the build I currently would want ordered in the system, as in some (rare) cases, the freeze date could bump up and come sooner. I thought this wasn't right and odd, but I always made sure to send my dealer any build changes ASAP and bug them until they updated my build in their system, just in case. I don't know if my experience is typical, or if anyone has ever heard of a freeze date coming up quicker than slated?...just my $.02.
No. I havent given him anything other than a RWD. Now I am worried. I am able to see Track Your Dreams. Freeze date not until Oct 20ish.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
No. I havent given him anything other than a RWD. Now I am worried. I am able to see Track Your Dreams. Freeze date not until Oct 20ish.
Well, I wouldn’t worry too much, as you have some time to pick your build and get it into your dealer before your freeze date. I think it is very rare for a freeze date to move up in time, especially given the current environment of delays. You WILL want to get your final build in a few days before the freeze date for sure, just so you can verify all looks right in the Porsche system with your dealer, etc.
I changed things about my build a number of times before my freeze date. My freeze date actually ended up being bumped back a week. If you have a build in mind now, get a Porsche code out of the configurator for your build and send it to your dealer and then follow up with them to verify it’s officially in the system. I personally had to bug my dealer each time I made a change to actually get them to input it into their system… prone to lagging.
Sponsored