LewChappers

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi. I purchased a new Taycan in November 2022, had now for a few months. The first service stated October 2024. Does anyone have any knowledge that this first service is free of charge (been told it may be), or if not, what the general cost may be? Thanks
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't believe that it is ever done at no cost, quite the opposite, it is expensive for what they actually do. search around the list of what is done is posted in one of the threads

Reactions: B61

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
FOC is wishful thinking I'm afraid. Costs quoted around the forum seem to vary quite widely from circa £500 to £1000.

Good time to remind yourself they use 'reduced servicing costs' as a sales tool..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi. I purchased a new Taycan in November 2022, had now for a few months. The first service stated October 2024. Does anyone have any knowledge that this first service is free of charge (been told it may be), or if not, what the general cost may be? Thanks
Not free. Service every 2 years or 20K miles. First one is circa £750 but can be less.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
in Bay area California. the first 20K service Ran me $800.00 for Brake fluid replacement and cabin filter, naturally they also do a "free" 20point or what ever check, and sure enough you guessed it. they found that My tires needed to be replaced and i needed a alignment. im in $4K US for my "first" service.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
in Bay area California. the first 20K service Ran me $800.00 for Brake fluid replacement and cabin filter, naturally they also do a "free" 20point or what ever check, and sure enough you guessed it. they found that My tires needed to be replaced and i needed a alignment. im in $4K US for my "first" service.
Challenge the alignment. Ask to see the reports.

They tried this ruse on me and I challenged it (no obvious symptoms) and surprise surprise they performed the tests incorrectly. I then threatened to advise Porsche UK of their antics - the costs and actual work soon plumeted.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I mean do you really need a brake fluid replacement after 20k miles or is this just a scam to get $$$$. Usually in any other car you're replacing brake fluid every 100k+ miles or so, and the brakes on a Taycan are getting used far less thanks to regen.

RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Panamera GTS sold 2023 Taycan 4s Arrived!
Country flag
I mean do you really need a brake fluid replacement after 20k miles or is this just a scam to get $$$$. Usually in any other car you're replacing brake fluid every 100k+ miles or so, and the brakes on a Taycan are getting used far less thanks to regen.
Its classic Porsche "scam" I owned a Panamera GTS for 7 years. (LOVED the car) Can't tell you how many times I refused service recommendations. For example, I did spark plug change at 20,000 miles (Way to soon) and at 30,000 mi they wanted me to do it again. I put 5,000 miles on each of my 4 cars. Porsche was constantly telling me I needed new cabin filters and other service based on age, never on useage/mileage. The list goes on. Bottom line is, be informed and don't be afraid to push back on the SA's recommendations. Once you're out of warranty, you are the decision maker!

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I think Porsche feels the need to pad the bottom line of the dealers with some extra service items. I was told they have to do a 4 wheel alignment if anything happens to the windshield. Is an 8 hour of labor job. What does the camera have to do with wheel alignment when nothing happened to the alignment?

seems on par with 20k mile brake fluid swap.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes you do in my view. Fluid change is around $300 on its own (including labour). The contentious part of the service is the water drainage inspection.

It's not the mileage but more the time and the risk of water (hygroscopic) in the fluid. Most manufacturers recommend 2 years.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I haven't serviced a porsche at main dealer for quite a few years. However, I always found the biggest pi$$-take was £28 (if i remember correctly) for topping up the windscreen washer bottle and giving you a 3/4 full silly porsche concentrate bottle.

Always made a point of brimming it with the nice £5 blue stuff from the petrol station before taking it in.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
£486.26 for first service. Mine has been booked for 05/04/23!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I haven't serviced a porsche at main dealer for quite a few years. However, I always found the biggest pi$$-take was £28 (if i remember correctly) for topping up the windscreen washer bottle and giving you a 3/4 full silly porsche concentrate bottle.

Always made a point of brimming it with the nice £5 blue stuff from the petrol station before taking it in.
You get a bigger bottle these days 🤣