First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Thought I'd move the Taycan GTS discussion to a new thread rather than clutter the Taycan 2S slot.

So, apart from forming an orderly queue what do we think the likely specs will be (assuming it becomes a reality)?
Sponsored

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Over the base 4S, my guess would be slight tweak in power and front bumper. Special colour, like carmine red. 20 inch black alloys, extended black leather, 18-way seats, black model lettering (side and rear), sport sound, performance battery.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just to temper expectations, having sat through Porsche's 2021 presentation for dealerships, it's not coming this year lol. We'll be lucky if the 992 911 GTS comes this year (was expected end of 2020 but was delayed).

That being said, the GTS is typically my favorite model amongst Porsche's model lines (ie: Panamera, 911, etc..).

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
2022 will be good for me...particularly if it comes as a Cross / Sport Turismo variant!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm going to guess it will be a AWD car based on the 4S with some $40K in options as standard, and a price of around $130K. standard will be bigger wheels/brakes, sport chrono, exterior bits such as sport design, bigger battery, all the basic performance options and special 'deviated' interior. Just a guess based on the Panamera GTS...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to guess it will be a AWD car based on the 4S with some $40K in options as standard, and a price of around $130K. standard will be bigger wheels/brakes, sport chrono, exterior bits such as sport design, bigger battery, all the basic performance options and special 'deviated' interior. Just a guess based on the Panamera GTS...
Makes sense and I agree.

I'm forever convinced that the Panamera GTS has more trickery than Porsche admits, as I swear it's a sportier car than the Turbo. My Panny Turbo was faster but whenever I drove a GTS it felt much more lively.

There were some offhand reports/interviews stating they tweaked the PCM & rear-wheel bias on the Panamera GTS for a more sportier feel than even a Turbo, but it was never confirmed as far as I know. It will be interesting to see if that's true on the Taycan GTS.. theoretically there's a lot of possibility for performance tweaking with the various systems on the Taycan (different motors, AWD bias, PCM, PTV+, etc..)

Could they even drop the car another 10mm? There is room to do it. That would be a really big one, I think.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I suspect the GTS will be a while yet but I'm looking forward to it.

By the time it arrives, we'll probably have had a facelift to the current cars, therefore the big performance gap between the Turbo/S and the 4S might grow even wider. Fully expect them to make the bumper and skirts more varied when they facelift too - they really need to do this anyway. They should all look like quality items, but the visual differences between the RWD/4S and the Turbo/S models are just way too small at the moment - the 911 does this much better.

I expect the GTS to be very similar to the 4S with a ton of excellent options added for a knocked down price. If they can raise the performance, to be halfway between the 4S and Turbo that would be great, I suspect it'll remain closer to the 4S. No doubt it will be the new sweet spot rather than the Turbo - the perfect EV sportscar saloon.

Mslk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect the GTS will be a while yet but I'm looking forward to it.

By the time it arrives, we'll probably have had a facelift to the current cars, therefore the big performance gap between the Turbo/S and the 4S might grow even wider. Fully expect them to make the bumper and skirts more varied when they facelift too - they really need to do this anyway. They should all look like quality items, but the visual differences between the RWD/4S and the Turbo/S models are just way too small at the moment - the 911 does this much better.

I expect the GTS to be very similar to the 4S with a ton of excellent options added for a knocked down price. If they can raise the performance, to be halfway between the 4S and Turbo that would be great, I suspect it'll remain closer to the 4S. No doubt it will be the new sweet spot rather than the Turbo - the perfect EV sportscar saloon.
I agree, the Turbo is just much $$ for too little difference in performance\looks\options.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I agree, the Turbo is just much $$ for too little difference in performance\looks\options.
Ditto. I spec'd both a Turbo and 4S. I optioned the 4S with almost every feature that comes standard on the Turbo and then added the extra stuff that I wanted like Mission E wheels, PCCB's, ACC, etc. to both builds. The 4S came in at $25K USD under the price of the Turbo which, for me, was too much to justify the quite modest performance delta.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
the quite modest performance delta
How strange, it didn't feel modest to me. It felt huge and definitely worth the money. It probably makes a difference that this will be my only car (I don't drive too much), and therefore it has to act as a regular car and my fun car. ?‍♂

On testing the 4S+, I loved the car (especially the handling), but I was somewhat underwhelmed with the performance. Sure it felt pretty quick, but far from fast (which I was looking for) - it just wasn't what I imagine a Porsche to be. It definitely felt significantly slower than the M5 Competition and the M8 Competition I had for a couple of weeks beforehand (my benchmark).

On driving the Turbo, it felt like it was on an entirely different level (like the 911 Turbo does compared to the 911 4S). It was hugely faster than the 4S+ and much quicker than the M5/M8 in real-world driving too (if not around a track). The Turbo and Turbo S are essentially the same performance (besides a full-bore launch).

The performance difference shifted me from being on the fence to ordering the car there and then. I know I'm biased, but I would say the Turbo is worth the additional money for sure - the pick of the range for me (until the GTS maybe).

P.S. They definitely need to make them all look more different from each other, on that we can all agree. :like:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
How strange, it didn't feel modest to me. It felt huge and definitely worth the money. It probably makes a difference that this will be my only car (I don't drive too much), and therefore it has to act as a regular car and my fun car. ?‍♂

On testing the 4S+, I loved the car (especially the handling), but I was somewhat underwhelmed with the performance. Sure it felt pretty quick, but far from fast (which I was looking for) - it just wasn't what I imagine a Porsche to be. It definitely felt significantly slower than the M5 Competition and the M8 Competition I had for a couple of weeks beforehand (my benchmark).

On driving the Turbo, it felt like it was on an entirely different level (like the 911 Turbo does compared to the 911 4S). It was hugely faster than the 4S+ and much quicker than the M5/M8 in real-world driving too (if not around a track). The Turbo and Turbo S are essentially the same performance (besides a full-bore launch).

The performance difference shifted me from being on the fence to ordering the car there and then. I know I'm biased, but I would say the Turbo is worth the additional money for sure - the pick of the range for me (until the GTS maybe).

P.S. They definitely need to make them all look more different from each other, on that we can all agree. :like:
No doubt it's an individual decision and for that reason I would never question someone else's choice to get a Turbo over a 4S+.

OTOH, the objective numbers aren't very far apart; Car and Driver got a 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds for the 4S+ and 11.2 in the 1/4; that's quick by any standard. The Turbo may be quicker still but, IMHO, at some point it becomes a matter of just how fast do you need to go and where can you realistically use that extra performance on public roads anyway.

I've owned a 2014 GT3 for the past 7 years and when I test drove the 4S+ I quickly realized that in terms of acceleration it would leave my GT3 for dead in anything but a standing start drag race or a situation where I had already downshifted multiple gears in the GT3 to get into the meat of the powerband. Given that I have been very satisfied with my GT3's straight line performance, I think that's what solidified my opinion that spending an additional $25K for the Turbo's few extra tenths of a second was not worth it; to me.

For sure it comes down to individual desires and expectations and we rationalize all of that to make our buying decision. We each pay our money and make our choice. :rock:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
at some point it becomes a matter of just how fast do you need to go
:CWL:this simply made my day - the answer is clear - "more" - more fast is always the answer.

you're sooo cute.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIQG651

$144,230 as built on configured…

GTS Build - $137,500 - options I've "ticked" are standard in the GTS

that's my bet.
you forgot to add the Sport Exhaust :p (and I am not talking about E-sound :))

PSCB breaks are not standard in GTS models. In my opinion, for all other models the two biggest things GTS has compared to S is the extra horsepower and the Air Suspension. But in Taycan, AS is already standard and the 4s already has plenty of horsepower.

Maybe the Audi etron GT RS is the GTS. If fits between the 4S and Turbo nicely in terms of power and price.

Last edited: