Adam D

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hello all, hoping you experienced Taycan owners can help me. I have just pulled out of a deal on a gentian blue 4s as was missing sports chrono but today have been offered a Volcano grey 4s with the spec below. Firstly is Volcano grey (as not seen it in flesh) a good colour? Has 21” mission E wheels. black suede interior.

is that a nice combo? Spec of car below? Is it missing anything obvious?

Volcano Grey Metallic
AT Black leather-free interior
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
electric" side logo
‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights
Electric drive transmission
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Performance Battery Plus
Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus 1ZP
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB), black calipers
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Sport Chrono Package
F44 21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels
1NY Wheels painted in Exteriour Colour
Tyre sealing compound and electric air compressor
LED Matrix headlights in Glacier Ice blue inc. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors 3FG Panoramic roof, fixed glass
Windscreen with grey top-tint
Privacy glass
ParkAssist including Surround View
VC2 HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener)
Lane Change Assist
Adaptive cruise control
Comfort Access
Ioniser
Ambient lighting
Comfort Seats (14-Way, electric) with memory package
Seat Heating (front and rear)
Storage package
Accent package in dark silver 2+1 rear seat system
Advanced climate control (4-zone)
Heated Race-Tex steering wheel with matt carbon
trim (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather-
Passenger Display
BOSE® Surround Sound System Powered charging port cover 150kW DC on-board booster Mobile Charger Connect
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
If you haven't seen/felt the Race-Tex interior in person, you should do so. It is not the same as Alcantara. Some people like the Race-Tex. I personally like leather.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Hello all, hoping you experienced Taycan owners can help me. I have just pulled out of a deal on a gentian blue 4s as was missing sports chrono but today have been offered a Volcano grey 4s with the spec below. Firstly is Volcano grey (as not seen it in flesh) a good colour? Has 21” mission E wheels. black suede interior.

is that a nice combo? Spec of car below? Is it missing anything obvious?

Volcano Grey Metallic
AT Black leather-free interior
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
electric" side logo
‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights
Electric drive transmission
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Performance Battery Plus
Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus 1ZP
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB), black calipers
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Sport Chrono Package
F44 21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels
1NY Wheels painted in Exteriour Colour
Tyre sealing compound and electric air compressor
LED Matrix headlights in Glacier Ice blue inc. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors 3FG Panoramic roof, fixed glass
Windscreen with grey top-tint
Privacy glass
ParkAssist including Surround View
VC2 HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener)
Lane Change Assist
Adaptive cruise control
Comfort Access
Ioniser
Ambient lighting
Comfort Seats (14-Way, electric) with memory package
Seat Heating (front and rear)
Storage package
Accent package in dark silver 2+1 rear seat system
Advanced climate control (4-zone)
Heated Race-Tex steering wheel with matt carbon
trim (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather-
Passenger Display
BOSE® Surround Sound System Powered charging port cover 150kW DC on-board booster Mobile Charger Connect
Hi Adam. Good spec I would say, but can you live without a leather interior? It’s something that would be essential for me (it avoids the plastic dash), but I understand some people would prefer not to have it on ethical grounds.

OP
OP

Adam D

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi Adam. Good spec I would say, but can you live without a leather interior? It’s something that would be essential for me (it avoids the plastic dash), but I understand some people would prefer not to have it on ethical grounds.
it was just a car I was offered. Looked smart and has all options I would want.Is grey nice outer?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Volcano Gray is much more gray than black - if you see it in the Porsche configurator it looks much more black than what you will see in real life. So if you want an almost black color, Volcano Gray will be a disappointment. If you want something more silver / gray, not black but not silver, Volcano Gray is awesome. It's amazing at hiding dirt and road grime though which makes you lazy about washing the car. Speaking for a friend.

The spec is missing PDCC - you could live without it but I wouldn't go back. Otherwise it's a good spec.

Reactions: dan
OP
OP

Adam D

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Volcano Gray is much more gray than black - if you see it in the Porsche configurator it looks much more black than what you will see in real life. So if you want an almost black color, Volcano Gray will be a disappointment. If you want something more silver / gray, not black but not silver, Volcano Gray is awesome. It's amazing at hiding dirt and road grime though which makes you lazy about washing the car. Speaking for a friend.

The spec is missing PDCC - you could live without it but I wouldn't go back. Otherwise it's a good spec.

Thanks for that. I have had a call today about a cancelled order that is a feb build march delivery for a TURBO. Is the turbo worth the extra value?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Turbo over 4S is very much worth the extra dough. You notice the extra power in all driving modes. I didn't see the value to step up further to Turbo S. Turbo S over Turbo gives you ceramic brakes (definitely needed for the weight of the car if you plan to do aggressive high-speed corner entry braking a-la track day) and higher motor output for a short time when in launch control. Passing the unsuspecting M5 on the highway though, Turbo and Turbo S are the same.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Try a 4S+ with the Performance options and then ask yourself if you need more power. A Taycan is much more than just straight line acceleration :)

Last edited:

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
When you get the “performance package” you save some money over a la carte so it’s a real shame they did not simply check off performance package which includes PDCC. The handling boost isn’t so noticeable unless you’re cornering pretty hard at speed but it’s nice to have if you’re bothering to spec all the other performance stuff.

I bought a nearly zero option Taycan and you can live without all but the bigger battery and maybe the 400 V 150 kw onboard charger.

The Mission E’s look good but cause you to lose 15+ miles of range because they are less aero.

The gray and the black paint don’t work as well with the Taycan because some design elements like the front air intakes below the lights don’t pop as much due to a lack of contrast. Also, the standard brakes probably look better with the gray as the calipers are red. The coated brakes are usually white and don’t look as good IMO unless your car is white.

If you can get a deal on a turbo with the perf package I think you’ll appreciate the differences as it comes standard with many more options than a 4S and the exterior painted extra bits make the turbo look the best out of the three trims. With this many options this 4S is really pushing the cost close to a turbo.

However, in terms of practicality and value the 4S is plenty of fun. It’s basically an everyday race car. You don’t need the turbo or turbo S to blow away an M5 but with so many options on this 4S I’d look for a better deal on a turbo instead or just order a custom 4S. IMO choosing seat belt color and opting for one of the interior metal trim colors (like Neodyme) is the best way to make your car pop for low $...

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
When you get the “performance package” you save some money over a la carte so it’s a real shame they did not simply check off performance package which includes PDCC.
We don’t have the Perfomance Package here in the UK unfortunately, just the individual options.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Spec leaves very little to want apart from the leather seats.
I think the grey will look great in the winter, but a little understated in the sunshine. I have Gentian Blue which is looking very flat in the winter gloom, but will light up and shimmer once the sun has come back and I have cleaned it.
IMHO 4S is sufficient for UK roads apart from bragging rights.
Either way, once you are driving it, engaged on a challenging road, you will forget what you have and haven’t optioned. But, once you get on to a forum or a configurator or read another review, you will wonder if maybe you should have ticked that other box.
Just own it and enjoy!

OP
OP

Adam D

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Spec leaves very little to want apart from the leather seats.
I think the grey will look great in the winter, but a little understated in the sunshine. I have Gentian Blue which is looking very flat in the winter gloom, but will light up and shimmer once the sun has come back and I have cleaned it.
IMHO 4S is sufficient for UK roads apart from bragging rights.
Either way, once you are driving it, engaged on a challenging road, you will forget what you have and haven’t optioned. But, once you get on to a forum or a configurator or read another review, you will wonder if maybe you should have ticked that other box.
Just own it and enjoy!
Great result ?
Sponsored