Taycan making weird noise after tire change at dealership due to tire puncture

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi,

Hit couple of nails this week with my rear tire and went to dealership for tire replacement. They got the tire in stock so they swapped it on. But when I picked up the car today I found that the new tire is All-Season tire while my other three are summer tires. Pretty weird. I talked to the advisor and they said they'll order another one and replace that for me. Anyone had this issue before?

Main issue:
I drove to work today and noticed it's not smooth at all. Every cycle of the tire the car seems to be bumping up(feels like it's not in round shape). And I also heard this weird noise when rolling and pressing brake. It's pretty loud, anyone has idea what happens here? I'm taking my car in to the dealership to check this. But to live without car in current CA storm is not fun and they don't have a loaner.
Thanks

The two videos in garage shows the sound while the driving one has the subtle noise of tires not rolling smoothly.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Sounds like you need to bring it back to the dealer. ;) Never heard those sounds before. The fact that the dealer didn't notice they had all seasons on, is shady and shoddy workmanship.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I would check the tyre circumference is the same as the other 3.

Very bad form to mix tyre types on any vehicle. This could cause an instability in an emergency braking or swerving situation. Shame on that dealer.

OP
OP

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Some late update: it's because of the tire not bolted securely and one of the bolt fell off during the drive. My wheel is rolling at a weird angle and it's rolling in and out when driving. Almost feel like it might fell off if I went higher speed. The dealer fixed it with the correct tire but I'm still trying to recover from that experience. My confidence to the car when driving has decreased and still trying to regain it

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Some late update: it's because of the tire not bolted securely and one of the bolt fell off during the drive. My wheel is rolling at a weird angle and it's rolling in and out when driving. Almost feel like it might fell off if I went higher speed. The dealer fixed it with the correct tire but I'm still trying to recover from that experience. My confidence to the car when driving has decreased and still trying to regain it
It will fall off if you keep driving it. Had that happen when a dealer didn't properly torque lug nuts. If it's wobbling like that it's about to come off.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
The wheel, hub, and lug bolts may have been damaged. Ask them to show you those components to verify they are free of damage. Then report this to PCNA. That’s a dangerous position they put you in.

OP
OP

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks! I did see some damage from the outside, it's caused when it fall off. They said they checked and everything is fine. Not sure if I should trust this info. I've sent a mail to PCNA.
Yeah some nice person honked and yelled at me to let me know the wheel is about to come off when I was driving

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Seriously - no joke - I would def look for a different dealership - you're not tied to any in respect warranty service (unless your wheel-tire pkg coverage specific to that dealership? - I never order these so no idea) - but that level of disregard for customer safety is completely unacceptable, dam near criminal. Honestly gobsmacked!!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have got to be fucking kidding me. They didn’t tighten the wheel?! My head would have exploded. I’d be concerned that you did damage to the wheel hub if you drove with it at an angle.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I have had a bad tire that was rough even though it was properly balanced. Had it replaced. Actually had it balanced two places. It was just a bad tire.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
who was the dealer? so the rest of us can avoid them. call pcna, explain what happened and you want car checked by another dealer for unseen damage.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
It wasn’t a dealer isssue. Michelin ps4 tire. It was on my boxster. It was just the tire from a top quality vendor. Sometimes you at just lucky.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised that this has caused some excessive wear on the wheel bearings as well. Make sure that it's documented so that in the future if there are issues regarding the wheel bearing / hub you can point to it that they didn't install the wheel properly in the past which could lead to any premature wear.