• Total voters

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Such a great car, no problems whatsoever!
Best car I've ever had!
Flawless from day one.
Connect app is now working properly, that was the only "issue" but I don't consider that car-related.
Oh, and wing misalignment, minor problem.
Dealer has been fan-tas-tic!
Service is outstanding and got some nice loaners too!
Here's a very happy customer!
Sponsored

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
After the car now being at the dealer since May the 5th for the software update I have no other choice then to go with very disappointed. Still no outlook on a solution. Service from both Porsche as well as the dealer has been abismal. How the realization of a boyhood dream became a nightmare... how could things go so wrong...

Yes, the car rides fantastic but the above has completely eclipsed this.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not happy with my purchase at all. The car drives like a Porsche and I have had no issues with that. But everything that should have been around it is missing.
  • Remote control working perhaps 40% of time when parked and Clima asked to start. And in the same area with very good cellular coverage and WiFi if that could have been used instead.
  • no WiFi connection at home
  • Charging planner absolutely useless. Choosing 50 kW chargers rather than HPC
  • Apple CarPlay in PCM stops working frequently driving along major roads. No issue with iPhone
  • Navigation not showing any traffic information on smaller roads, only main motorways, and sometimes missing info all together.
  • Navigator taking routes that are only for pedestrian use and have been since 2000.
  • Navigator reading out and showing warnings about issues that are 15 to 20 km away and not relevant for the route at all.
  • Not showing Ionity charger in Charging Plannwe even when parked at Ionity station.
  • Very incompetent Service from Porsche. No communication between local dealer and HQ
  • Qi charger in armrest unusable with CarPlay . Phone overheating and shutting down.
  • OTA OMG what to say?
  • Full leather interior substandard and far too much plastic for the price Of the car.
I am very disappointed in the overall usability of the car and have started to use it less and less. Just annoys me when things do not work. If things had not been promised and advertised I would have accepted it, just like my -99 996. Mechanically very sound but nothing fancy extra. Just simple enjoyable driving. No nav, ordinary paper map or phone app, basic radio, great sound and very nimble.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
After the car now being at the dealer since May the 5th for the software update I have no other choice then to go with very disappointed. Still no outlook on a solution. Service from both Porsche as well as the dealer has been abismal. How the realization of a boyhood dream became a nightmare... how could things go so wrong...

Yes, the car rides fantastic but the above has completely eclipsed this.
Seriously, is your car at the dealer since May 5, more than two months ago?? That is unacceptable. Did they give you another Taycan to use meanwhile?

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
First time Porsche owner and underwhelmed.
LOVE the look of the car but 6 times on for door rattle passenger side and still not right, multiple software bugs leading to inconsistent use, charging cable supplied by Porsche won't charge at correct Kw but and Audi one will and to cap it all vertical crack in rear windscreen. Reported one week ago and still no follow up from dealer.
Don't get me wrong...love the look of the car but as others have said if you're paying that kind of money, everything should work, first time all the time. Its only 2 months old!!
If I can get into my the family Mini, A class or X5 and everything works all the time, first time why doesn't mine??

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, no need to do anything but answer the poll. However, if you can add a little context to your answer, that would be great too!
I selected Very Disappointed. This was my first Porsche! Delivery on 4/2 and as of date the dealership has had my car a total of 79 days. They finally figured out the issue which was the recall for the software. I have paid my car payment on time every month. The thing that makes me happy is Porsche did step up and offer to replace my car with a new one. The problem is the only match MSRP for MSRP (no problem, I understand), but I have frozen berry metallic. The only 2 in the country are 20K more than my MSRP. So they expect me to come out of pocket for the 20K. Im obviously not paying that. I've only had my car back for 4 days now...so did the software update work... only time will tell! The entire experience has not been great at all!

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seriously, is your car at the dealer since May 5, more than two months ago?? That is unacceptable. Did they give you another Taycan to use meanwhile?
After nearly 2 months in a Macan I threatened litigation and told them I would stop payments. At that moment they indeed "upgraded" my loaner to a (nicely specced) Taycan (RWD). It's not as good as my 4S, but it's OK.

That being said, even if they gave me a Turbo S, it doesn't make up for the abismal performance on the repair of my car. 2,5 months now my car is there. They could have completely rebuilt the car in that time.

If no news in the next 2 weeks I will formally request an anullemment of my purchase (with full reimbursment).

• Wow
Reactions: B61

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After nearly 2 months in a Macan I threatened litigation and told them I would stop payments. At that moment they indeed "upgraded" my loaner to a (nicely specced) Taycan (RWD). It's not as good as my 4S, but it's OK.

That being said, even if they gave me a Turbo S, it doesn't make up for the abismal performance on the repair of my car. 2,5 months now my car is there. They could have completely rebuilt the car in that time.

If no news in the next 2 weeks I will formally request an anullemment of my purchase (with full reimbursment).
Groot gelijk! This is completely unacceptable and rather disappointing to read. Your dealer (or Porsche Belgium) should have given you another Taycan after two weeks at the dealership and spontaneously offered you to swap out your original car for a new one after a month without progress.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Groot gelijk! This is completely unacceptable and rather disappointing to read. Your dealer (or Porsche Belgium) should have given you another Taycan after two weeks at the dealership and spontaneously offered you to swap out your original car for a new one after a month without progress.
Agreed. And eventhough I see no other car better to own (giving same driving experience whilst fiscally excellent) I don't even want my car to be replaced any more. Either I get my own car back soon or I just want my money back and will probably order an Audi e tron sportback then seing as in Belgium full EV is the only fiscally acceptable car to buy with your company.

Reactions: B61

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. And eventhough I see no other car better to own (giving same driving experience whilst fiscally excellent) I don't even want my car to be replaced any more. Either I get my own car back soon or I just want my money back and will probably order an Audi e tron sportback then seing as in Belgium full EV is the only fiscally acceptable car to buy with your company.
The best of luck! I will keep my fingers crossed.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Things work in very strange ways. When 991 GT3 owners experienced an abnormal amount of engines failing, it was a single issue (finger followers). It was fairly easy to attract a group of owners to negotiate on behalf of all a settlement with PCNA. It seems the Taycan issues are so widespread that there can be little expectation of cohesion due to varying issues that are not totally duplicative. I feel very badly for anyone that has gone through what you have experienced. I fully expected some early adoption issues, but your experience in my view requires Porsche to step up, intervene and make you happy. I know from experience that Porsche reads these boards everyday and knows everything that is going on and being posted. They may be in danger of tarnishing a brand that took decades to build. When the JD Power survey comes out, it will be too late. Porsche needs to get more tech's trained, buy more PIWIS for dealers and lastly make their customers whole in every way. It is just not acceptable to pay for a car that has been "inop" for two weeks, let alone two months. To Porsche - do the right thing and stop this freight train before it runs over the brand. Remember, you can only lose your reputation once.
if they ( porsche) are indeed reading the posts here they are not acting on anything that they've read.
in the early tesla days, tesla monitored the forum and more than once they reached out to people to address the many issues of the very early model S cars.
porsche customer care is an oxymoron. there is no service from them and they appear to care little about their customers

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
if they ( porsche) are indeed reading the posts here they are not acting on anything that they've read.
in the early tesla days, tesla monitored the forum and more than once they reached out to people to address the many issues of the very early model S cars.
porsche customer care is an oxymoron. there is no service from them and they appear to care little about their customers
That is unfair. They are building PCM 6.0 which will compose its own music (seriously) because that is what they found in this forum to be important to all of us ?

Last edited:

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
0% not even "A Little Disappointed"??? Where are all our friends complaining about the "epic fail in software"??? :blush:
People love to go crazy over the things they wish were different but when you ask them to take a step back & evaluate the experience in total, most are still extremely happy. My car likes to puke on ParkAssist about once a week for absolutely no reason. I learned the two finger salute to reboot PCM & ignore the message to get it serviced. The reset always fixes it. The trunk beeping in the US is simply awful. These are minor quibbles though - the overall package is amazing.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In Tesla’s case, their forum was embedded on Tesla.com and was fully sponsored by Tesla until they unceremoniously shut it down. I doubt Porsche NA monitors much written here, though I wish they would.
Sponsored