W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My last two charges at home have been under 260 miles at 100%. That’s a lot worse than last year, when my highest was 284. Similar outside temperatures too. Only done 8,000 miles since March 2021.
That's pretty good.

Post update I got 226 miles from my PB+, 17K miles, 2021 (100% charge yesterday) so currently feeling somewhat short changed and then some.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I haven't had the upgrade yet - the dealership said they’d been suspended ! Isn’t it supposed to improve the range ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I haven't had the upgrade yet - the dealership said they’d been suspended ! Isn’t it supposed to improve the range ?
It is but I think what they don't tell you is that your car has to "re-learn" everything before the extended range materialises.

I'm also back on brake disc braking only (as if from new) rather than motor braking. I'll give it a few weeks before flagging to Porsche.

tuxic

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I have a '21 RWD PB+ and Mission E. I have recently had some longer drives around town. 20-50 miles each way. I am only charging to 85% and doing the math, I would get 235 miles at 100%. I am in FL and it is hot. I drive with a very heavy left foot, AC on all the time and seat ac, and in Sport Plus.

The best I ever saw was in the winter was 278 at 100% and I think it was because I was driving short, around town distances and nothing really lengthy.

If someone is getting 300 miles in RWD, I have to think they are driving in Normal or Range mode, at the speed limit or just above and maybe not using the AC as much.
I have the same spec as yours and get the same results. 300 miles is unatainable for me

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
That's pretty good.

Post update I got 226 miles from my PB+, 17K miles, 2021 (100% charge yesterday) so currently feeling somewhat short changed and then some.
+1.
As I wrote in other thread: after uPdate, I'm getting about 370 km/100%SoC.
Before uPdate, it was between 400-420km.
I'm charging right now: 346km /93% SoC.. and I'm going out now....

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Don't think AC cooling is a big battery drain (heater definitely is). Your range for the winter months is envious and I guess a heavy right foot in SP and a hot summer will eat range as you indicate.
Not so sure.
On the web site range calculator if one raises the ambient temperature to 30C (standard is 20) then switch off the A/C the calculated range increases by 47 miles. If you set the ambient at 10C and do the same the range increases by 34 miles. There may be other influences, of course. A/C Eco is only 4 miles worse than A/C off.

I will never forget my surprise as a teenage petrol head reading how much power the standard A/C system fitted to GM cars in the 60s consumed. More power than the maximum a standard Mini engine produced, ie if you revved your mini up to full power switching GM A/C on would stall the engine.

I rarely switch A/C on here in the UK, just a few weeks in summer.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I was using AC ECO most of the year…during winter, spring, autumn…even in the beginning of summer, ECO was doing fine. When outside temps were over 30, then i switched to AC.
And - big surprise for me: the lowest consumption was during summer time, when outside temps were over 20 during the night, so battery was not cold in the morning.
That’s what I beliece that colder days are our main enemy….

if you try Porcshe’s calc, you’ll also see differences between 20” and 21” tyres.
My consumption was definitelly lower on 21” wheels (speing/summer/autumn) than on 20” (winter)….so lower temperatures again…

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Just to add to the data pool, my 2020 4S, 20" wheels on summer tires:

Before Update: 85% = 235 mi (average since Sept 2020)
After Update: 85% = 255 mi (since August 2022, clearly fewer data points)

Notes:
  • I have never seen 255 mi, even once, before the update.
  • I have not driven the car in <40 degree Fahrenheit weather because I haven't purchased winter tires yet.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
This morning, having been on charge overnight, I got only 256 miles at 100%. Outside temp around 16c. That’s pathetic.

Still not heard when this magical upgrade will be available again.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
My CT4S (6 months old) is about 240 miles before and after upgrade.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not so sure.
On the web site range calculator if one raises the ambient temperature to 30C (standard is 20) then switch off the A/C the calculated range increases by 47 miles. If you set the ambient at 10C and do the same the range increases by 34 miles. There may be other influences, of course. A/C Eco is only 4 miles worse than A/C off.

I will never forget my surprise as a teenage petrol head reading how much power the standard A/C system fitted to GM cars in the 60s consumed. More power than the maximum a standard Mini engine produced, ie if you revved your mini up to full power switching GM A/C on would stall the engine.

I rarely switch A/C on here in the UK, just a few weeks in summer.
I think the calculator is also suspect (now) a
This morning, having been on charge overnight, I got only 256 miles at 100%. Outside temp around 16c. That’s pathetic.

Still not heard when this magical upgrade will be available again.
Pathetic???

I would be ecstatic - I have never had that 'high' level in almost 2 years of ownership. At the moment I will be lucky to get 215 miles (PB+ post uPdate).

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag

Pathetic???

I would be ecstatic - I have never had that 'high' level in almost 2 years of ownership. At the moment I will be lucky to get 215 miles (PB+ post uPdate).
Well having had a record high of 286 miles, yes, pathetic. How much more did I pay for the bigger battery ?

it makes a big difference to me on a business trip… I recently went up to the Isle of Bute and N Ayrshire and was able to stop in Hamilton once is each direction. That worked really well, despite being charged 65p/kw which is the same as petrol would have been !

A trip to The Borders is a different proposition though… I have to rely on the hotel’s service.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well having had a record high of 286 miles, yes, pathetic. How much more did I pay for the bigger battery ?

it makes a big difference to me on a business trip… I recently went up to the Isle of Bute and N Ayrshire and was able to stop in Hamilton once is each direction. That worked really well, despite being charged 65p/kw which is the same as petrol would have been !

A trip to The Borders is a different proposition though… I have to rely on the hotel’s service.
The PB+ doesn't add massive additional range remember and the range you are getting exceeds the WLTP and probably what the range calculator on the web site would suggest.

There is a UK based chap on the forum who got 315 miles registered on his RWD (MY22) which is simply astonishing IMHO.

Out of interest what is your consumption like - 'Total Trip'?

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
The PB+ doesn't add massive additional range remember and the range you are getting exceeds the WLTP and probably what the range calculator on the web site would suggest.

There is a UK based chap on the forum who got 315 miles registered on his RWD (MY22) which is simply astonishing IMHO.

Out of interest what is your consumption like - 'Total Trip'?
It’s 3 miles per kw

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It probably is out of date but I think it is still the case that is more expensive (in range) to cool than heat the car.

Much more so of course in an IC engine’d car since the heat source is “free” and potentially only limited by heat exchanger size since heat rejection to the coolant is about equal to the power being taken from the crank. (Energy from the fuel ends up ~ ⅓ power, ⅓ out the exhaust and ⅓ into coolant as a rule of thumb)
Sponsored