Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2012 Boxster S, GTS ST on order
Country flag
It’s 3 miles per kw
Hmm - that's quite low.

I get 3.3 and I've seen others (UK) with 3.6 (brilliant)

So even though the stated battery range at standstill suggests an estimated range I always exceed it. I think post uPdate that my battery is still relearning / calibrating and so I expect it to return to where it was and suggest ~ 230 miles (I can only hope for more) as before.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 + Mini Electric in 2023!
Country flag
Well I was getting ca 288 mies estimated in Range with AC off and ca 270 or so in Normal with AC eco on (best mileage to date and consistent over 3 spaced charging sessions) - after uPDate I see about a 8-10 mile decrease but the guys at the dealership 1) did some very short 2 mile test runs and 2) fully charged before and after (which I wish they had not) and very possible these actions alone can account for such a small variance. Once I get more regular miles back on the clock I suspect I'll get back to where I was i.e. possibly with little to zero change post uPdate and TBH, not terribly surprised for a 2022 car.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI, don't over index on this, there are too many factors that ends up affecting range.

e.g. My 15 mile route to work get 3.4 mi/kWh if the traffic is light and if the traffic is heavier and the average speed is about 55-60 MPH I'll get upwards of 3.7.-3.9. The way back home on the same route ends up getting me 2.6 mi/kWh and in this situation, it literally is the same route since the highway I'm travelling on a bidirectional highway that changes direction of flow depending on time of day. Total elevation change between the two location, about 390ft.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2012 Boxster S, GTS ST on order
Country flag
FYI, don't over index on this, there are too many factors that ends up affecting range.

e.g. My 15 mile route to work get 3.4 mi/kWh if the traffic is light and if the traffic is heavier and the average speed is about 55-60 MPH I'll get upwards of 3.7.-3.9. The way back home on the same route ends up getting me 2.6 mi/kWh and in this situation, it literally is the same route since the highway I'm travelling on a bidirectional highway that changes direction of flow depending on time of day. Total elevation change between the two location, about 390ft.
Yes but we're talking averages over a much longer period and distance.

If you've not reset your Total Trip reading then you'll have a great data point from day 1.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade

Here’s a video where it looks like they got it about as even as they could with 2 Taycans, same model and specs other than different tire brand, and they drove a couple hundred miles and by their comparison, the new software yielded a 3% increase in efficiency. They estimate an increase in range of about 11 miles.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Here’s a video where it looks like they got it about as even as they could with 2 Taycans, same model and specs other than different tire brand, and they drove a couple hundred miles and by their comparison, the new software yielded a 3% increase in efficiency. They estimate an increase in range of about 11 miles.
Don't forget that the 3-4% increase is for a very specific driving condition. In this case, highway driving without a lot of start and stop. Please do not expect or assume that you will get the same 3-4% range increase if you're primarily driving in stop and go traffic. I expect that the total range to actually be the same even after the update if you are primarily driving your Taycan in city traffic.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Don't forget that the 3-4% increase is for a very specific driving condition. In this case, highway driving without a lot of start and stop. Please do not expect or assume that you will get the same 3-4% range increase if you're primarily driving in stop and go traffic. I expect that the total range to actually be the same even after the update if you are primarily driving your Taycan in city traffic.
I only posted for people to see some kind of comparison to have. Whether or not you see the increase on your own vehicles is up to a lot of factors. 3% isn't that much in reality, but on long drives, it can be meaningful.

Signature Wheel