Taycan Range

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche understate mileage range VS Tesla that overstate mileage range, according to below chart, did anyone actually manage near 300miles for Taycan as stated below?

3C7D9226-67FB-42B5-9C08-2AEFB68B89B5.jpeg
Ha, ha, ha…300 miles real range in a Taycan…stop it, you’re killin’ me…

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Riiight. Real world range means typical build in typical conditions, not hypermiling nonsense.

Nobody on here is getting 300 miles on their Taycan. Even Porsche only claims a max of 246 miles using the very lax WLTP standard.

If only.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Riiight. Real world range means typical build in typical conditions, not hypermiling nonsense.

Nobody on here is getting 300 miles on their Taycan. Even Porsche only claims a max of 246 miles using the very lax WLTP standard.

If only.
"294 miles without trying" from a guy who drives hyper fast sports cars for a living

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
"294 miles without trying" from a guy who drives hyper fast sports cars for a living
I’m guessing you’re new here and haven’t spent much time actually reading the many pages of content on this forum regarding this topic. Or you’d realize how ridiculous those numbers are in the real world.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I’m guessing you’re new here and haven’t spent much time actually reading the many pages of content on this forum regarding this topic. Or you’d realize how ridiculous those numbers are in the real world.
I am new here sure, but there is literally a guy on page 1 of this forum showing 314 miles at 93% who says he drives in normal/sport mode. Hardly hypermilling behavior there. He seems to be living in the "real world" to me, maybe not yours but hey.

I understand the average joe is probably going to get more like 250 miles or so. But for people who live exclusively in warm climates and dont slam the go-pedal everytime the light turns green, 300+ miles doesn't seem that far fetched as you make it out to be. There are just as many examples of people getting 300+ miles of range as there are getting 200 or less miles of range on the internet. It doesn't appear to be that rare or one-offs.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag

If only.
No they don't, they claim 314 miles under WLTP.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No they don't, they claim 314 miles under WLTP.
Hah. Please post a link to where the quote that.

Do you guys actually read this forum and other forums that have Taycan sub forums?

Nobody is getting 300 miles in the real world. Spend a little time actually understanding how range works and you can explain the ridiculous outliers that you are quoting.

BTW, do you guys even own Taycans? 🙄

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am new here sure, but there is literally a guy on page 1 of this forum showing 314 miles at 93% who says he drives in normal/sport mode. Hardly hypermilling behavior there. He seems to be living in the "real world" to me, maybe not yours but hey.

I understand the average joe is probably going to get more like 250 miles or so. But for people who live exclusively in warm climates and dont slam the go-pedal everytime the light turns green, 300+ miles doesn't seem that far fetched as you make it out to be. There are just as many examples of people getting 300+ miles of range as there are getting 200 or less miles of range on the internet. It doesn't appear to be that rare or one-offs.
Really? Please share links to all these people getting 300 miles regularly on their Taycan.

Do you own a Taycan? 😂

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
To regularly get 300 miles, a Taycan owner would have to routinely charge the 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus to 100% state of charge (SOC) and drive it down to near empty. That's terrible for battery health, even if it is covered under warranty for the first 100,000 miles. I don't think there's a Taycan owner who consistently does that. We stay between 85% and 20% for daily use. @Archimedes is right.

@xyeahtony , many of us on this forum call the range estimator the guess-o-meter. That's all it is. When I first got my 2022 RWD here in the Phoenix area last June, the guess-o-meter was consistently over 30 miles for each 10% SOC. But I seldom charged the battery beyond 85% except for road trips, and now that temperatures are cooler my guess-o-meter is about 27 miles per 10% SOC :(. Here's my guess-o-meter from July 2022:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Range 1674260679912

Don't underpin your arguments with the guess-o-meter. The best indicator is the power consumption reading. Here's mine from earlier this month. On this trip, my Taycan consumed 32.0 kWh per 100 miles from Las Vegas to Phoenix, including a stop in Kingman AZ to recharge.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Range 1674260504818

Ten percent of the Taycan's battery is held in reserve, so only about 84 of the 93.4 kWh are available. At that consumption rate, I could only go just over 260 miles on a full charge. Can't wait for the warmer weather to return.

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really? Please share links to all these people getting 300 miles regularly on their Taycan.

Do you own a Taycan? 😂
Your earlier post was an unqualified nobody gets more than 300 miles on a Taycan. Than you qualified it to regularly getting 300 miles. There is a large difference between the two. Me thinks you are dodging and weaving.

And if you would like a link to an actual range test with a Taycan getting more than 300 miles from a reputable tester, here is one from Edmonds https://www.edmunds.com/porsche/taycan/2022/

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag

Do you own a Taycan? 😂
not yet i don’t. Why do i have to link? I posted 3 links earlier that you ignored. You can literally click on page 1 of this very thread and see the guy posted a pic of 314 miles at 93%.
It’s whatever this isn’t an argument worth having since you keep moving the goalposts. You are right, no taycan on the planet has ever gotten 300+ miles of range ever unless they drove at 35mph.
Those 70 mph range tests are just wrong. The guy from the smoking tire YouTube channel who boosted his range by 40% without trying was wrong and just faking it.

youre 100% right dude. I know nothing!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Holy schnikes folks. Let’s get back on track. As I said in my first post, the real world typical range of the Taycan is nowhere near 300 miles. Sure there are going to be perfect condition, perfect spec situations where someone might squeak it out (see my ‘hypermiling’ comment). But in the real world, normal conditions, you’re not going to get anywhere near that. If you’re in a warm weather location, you may push 260 on average, but most of us will be in the 220-240 range. If you buy a Taycan expecting 300 miles, you’re making a big mistake. Spending 30 minutes searching this forum will make that clear to you.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
not yet i don’t. Why do i have to link? I posted 3 links earlier that you ignored. You can literally click on page 1 of this very thread and see the guy posted a pic of 314 miles at 93%.
It’s whatever this isn’t an argument worth having since you keep moving the goalposts. You are right, no taycan on the planet has ever gotten 300+ miles of range ever unless they drove at 35mph.
Those 70 mph range tests are just wrong. The guy from the smoking tire YouTube channel who boosted his range by 40% without trying was wrong and just faking it.

youre 100% right dude. I know nothing!
Reading comprehension dude. Re read my first post. Never said nobody has done it. I said it’s not normal, typical, or average. Which it isn’t. Buy a Taycan and you’ll understand.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
And if you would like a link to an actual range test with a Taycan getting more than 300 miles from a reputable tester, here is one from Edmonds https://www.edmunds.com/porsche/taycan/2022/
Thanks for the link. It's refreshing to read that they got most of it right, but I quickly noticed something suspect in the second paragraph of their Range and Efficiency section:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Range 1674318356582

If Edmunds observed 323.3 miles of range with a consumption of 32.3 kWh/100 miles, the usable portion of the battery would need to be 104 kWh.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Range 1674320569434

The Performance Battery Plus isn't anywhere near that large - the usable portion is about 84 kWh.

Edmunds needs to clarify whether the Taycan was actually driven 323.3 miles from 100% to 0% SOC, and provide further details on where they came up with the 32.3 kWh/100 miles efficiency. Until then, I will question that portion of the article.