OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I've booked a test drive in April, so I'll find out then if the Taycan will fit, or not. Hopefully, I can get a test car with RAS installed.

On the build specification, is it worth ditching the panoramic roof and 4 + 1 seats, for the extended leather for better resale value?
Sponsored

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I think you have spec'd the car well. If budget is an issue I would leave out the pano roof since I too think the car looks better with a metal roof but if you have kids the pano roof will help since I found the car can be a bit dark inside due to the small rear windows.

I quite like the standard wheel design but they do look a little small on the car. If they came in 20" I would definitely have got these.

You don't need the sport chrono. I actually think the dash looks better without the clock but I chose to have sport chrono for the functionality on the steering wheel.

The DC charger is worth having for the little additional cost.

The black sill door guards are a no charge option.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I would get the 4+1 seats irrespective. Not only is it more practical, I think the plastic tray between the seats looks cheap.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would get the 4+1 seats irrespective. Not only is it more practical, I think the plastic tray between the seats looks cheap.
Middle seat is not useable by an adult nor likely a small child. This is a 4 seater sports car however you dissect it. Tick the storage option to improve the middle tray.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've booked a test drive in April, so I'll find out then if the Taycan will fit, or not. Hopefully, I can get a test car with RAS installed.

On the build specification, is it worth ditching the panoramic roof and 4 + 1 seats, for the extended leather for better resale value?
The roof brings the interior alive - most people will expect to have it - otherwise is will be dark. It’s a great option and helps sound proofing. Add a lux feel overall and enables the optional roof rack to be fitted (not possible with the tin roof).

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I think the panoramic roof is beautiful. I don't have children, but it's still great for passengers and overall brightness.

Based on the feedback, the current build:
  1. Standard black £0
  2. 19-inch Taycan S Aero wheels £809
  3. Electric folding exterior mirrors £210
  4. Performance Battery Plus £4,049 (for extended range)
  5. Adaptive Air Suspension + PASM £1,527 (prerequisite for rear-axle steering)
  6. Rear-Axle Steering + PSP £1,650 (to better navigate the right turn to park)
  7. Panoramic fixed glass roof £1,137
  8. ParkAssist including Surround View £1,002
  9. On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW £ 294.00

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCF3DD4

Build cost £81,368.00.

Desirable options:
  • Carrara white or ice grey metallic (special colour)
  • Extended leather interior
  • Better wheels

I only wanted the Sports Plus driving mode, but that's only available through the Sports Chrono option. I agree, the drive mode switch on the steering wheel is amazing ?

There's a separate Sports Chrono with the Porsche Design Clock, but I'm not interested in this. I would rather go for the extended interior if I were to stretch the budget.

Thanks everyone for the input so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Middle seat is not useable by an adult nor likely a small child. This is a 4 seater sports car however you dissect it. Tick the storage option to improve the middle tray.
Is the middle tray between the two rear passenger seats? If so, what's the improvement? I checked the configurator, but I didn't see any visual.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Regarding the 400V DC charging option, you'll want that so that the car is able to charge quickly at 150kw charging stations (which are way more common than 350kw charging stations). Without it, the Taycan will actually charge more slowly on these stations than other EVs such as the Audi etron.

I wonder if the performance battery is worth it for you considering most of your driving will be local. And since the larger battery adds weight, it doesn't increase range by as much as you think it would. Personally, I'd rather spend the money on some comfort/convenience items such as the Bose stereo, 14 ways seats, etc.
My sales agent said the DC charger is useful for travel into Europe. I'm based in the UK, so I need to learn more about our charging infrastructure. Ionity only has 4 charging stations, and none of them are near me in London ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My sales agent said the DC charger is useful for travel into Europe. I'm based in the UK, so I need to learn more about our charging infrastructure. Ionity only has 4 charging stations, and none of them are near me in London ?
Your dealer is at best clueless (sorry).

By default you have two onboard DC options - 50kW 400V and 350kW 800V. What you are missing is the 150kW 400V DC converter. 150kW 400V charging exists in UK and more are being rolled out (BP for example) These operate at 400V and therefore to take advantage you will need the option added to the car. It is a ‘bargain’ price - no brainer, tick the box.

50 kW DC is common in UK, 350kW a rarity but 150kW is improving - good to have all the bases covered given the small outlay.

Good for resale later on.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Your dealer is at best clueless (sorry).

By default you have two onboard DC options - 50kW 400V and 350kW 800V. What you are missing is the 150kW 400V DC converter. 150kW 400V charging exists in UK and more are being rolled out (BP for example) These operate at 400V and therefore to take advantage you will need the option added to the car. It is a ‘bargain’ price - no brainer, tick the box.

50 kW DC is common in UK, 350kW a rarity but 150kW is improving - good to have all the bases covered given the small outlay.

Good for resale later on.
No need to apologise. Thank you for the insight. It's a relatively cheap option, and future-proofs the car.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I rode in the rear middle seat with four other adults in my Taycan (including an engineer who designed part of the Taycan thermal management system and gave some commentary about track testing in Germany, BTW). I'm six feet tall, average build, and it was reasonably comfortable for a short trip. The panoramic roof gives a little more headroom than metal roof -- I believe 1-2 cm.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I made a simple cost comparison between RWS and 4S.

Build cost
RWD with standard build starts at £70,490, and with optional extras of £10,768 is £81,368.

Upgrading from the RWD + extras to a standard build 4S is £2,212 (£83,580 - £81,368).

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCF3DD4

4S with standard build starts at £83,580, but includes:
  1. Single-speed transmission on the front axle
  2. 19-inch Aero S wheels (RWD £809)
  3. Side window trims in silver colour (RWD £245)
  4. Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (RWD £1,527)
  5. LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (£816)
  6. Door sill guards in brushed aluminium (£252)
Air suspension is not an option for the 4S, nor is it listed on the standard spec sheet, so I assume it's been included, as adding RAS on the 4S doesn't force-include PASM, like it does on the RWD.

Cost of included extras over the RWD is £3,649.

Price differences on extras
  • Performance Battery Plus £3,090 (RWD £4,090)
Not sure why the same larger battery is more expensive on the RWD.

Savings £1,000.

Total extras and savings in the 4S is £3,649 + £1,000 = £4,649.

4S with optional extras of £8,119 (to match RWD build) is £91,779.

If you're willing to spend an extra £10,411 (£91,779 - £81,368), then go with the 4S to get the extra motor, speed and prestige.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCZFKY8

Performance
Both 4S and RWD with performance battery and above build.
  • Top speed 155mph (RWD 143mph)
  • 0 to 60 3.8s (RWD 5.1s)
  • Unladen weight 2,220kg (RWD 2,130kg)
  • Range 242 - 288 miles (RWD 253 - 301 miles)
Depreciation
https://www.themoneycalculator.com/vehicle-finance/calculators/car-depreciation-calculator/

Assumptions:
  1. Bought brand new
  2. Ownership of 3 years
  3. 10,000 miles per year
  4. RWD build cost of £81,368
  5. 4S build cost of £91,779
Estimated value with low depreciation of 25.9%:
  • RWD is £60,280
  • 4S is £67,993
For spending an extra £10,411 on the 4S, the difference is £7,713 (£67,993 - £60,280), so there's a loss of £3,238 (£7,713 - £10,411) on the 4S at resale.

Estimated value with medium depreciation of 39.7%:
  • RWD is £49,050
  • 4S is £55,326
For spending an extra £10,411 on the 4S, the difference is £6,276 (£55,326 - £49,050), so there's a loss of £4,135 (£6,276 - £10,411) on the 4S at resale.

Disclaimer: these are just projections. 4S is perceived to be more desirable than the RWD. Calculations could contain errors.
Sponsored

Last edited: