OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm happy you love your 4S, it makes me want to get it, which is testament to what Porsche has done with the Taycan range.

There are several cheaper alternatives (Audi e-Tron / GT) for example but if your heart says Porsche you absolutely won’t be disappointed nor will you bring any prejudicial pre-conceived ideas.
I much prefer the Taycan exterior styling and interior over Audi etron GT. Taycan is tuned to deliver a Porsche driving experience, which is what I want. I'll find out after my RWD test drive, and perhaps I can test drive the 4S too.

I don't want confirmation bias, but at the same time, I need to go for a car that makes sense to my lifestyle and budget, so thank you for the response!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
On financing, I'm planning to go with Business Contract Purchase over Business Contract Hire. Porsche Financing are offering 5.9% APR. Is this a good deal, or shall I look elsewhere?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Std Porsche rate and generally can be had for less if you shop around. Suggest sticking with Porsche to save the faff.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
On financing, I'm planning to go with Personal Contract Purchase over Business Contract Hire. Porsche Financing are offering 5.9% APR. Is this a good deal, or shall I look elsewhere?
I have negotiated a rate with both Lombard & LLOYDS @ 3.47% APR

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’d shop around. Porsche rate isn’t particularly good. The process is very simple, all you do is ask for the invoice to be sent to the finance house and tell the dealer to register the car to you.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thanks guys. Is there any advantage in going with Porsche Finance (besides not having to shop around)? 3.47% seems like a decent saving.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
You can pay chunks off with no penalties if that's of interest / value?
I'll bring that up with the Porsche Finance team. After doing a search, it's a seemingly difficult to get a quote on business contract purchase without calling up.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I had a call with a different Porsche dealership. 4S build slots are in November, which could be why the RWD is being pushed more aggressively. They advised dropping the air suspension and rear axle steering, and spend the budget elsewhere.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had a call with a different Porsche dealership. 4S build slots are in November, which could be why the RWD is being pushed more aggressively. They advised dropping the air suspension and rear axle steering, and spend the budget elsewhere.
Don't listen to them. Be patient and purchase what you actually want and not what they have to sell.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Nothing more subjective than a magazine or You Tuber video!

These folk don't live with a car they just play around and move on to the next.

I'm pretty sure that if given the choice they would not take the entry level model. This is a 2 tonne car however you cut it and so power and 4WD become important to retain the Porsche high performance expectations.

This is all about shifting metal, maintaing interest and keeping the factories busy with many flavours of the same thing and broadening appeal.

Start with a Taycan and move up the range next time around to a 4S or higher. It's clever.

Look across the Porsche range and you'll notice that apart from the Boxster 4WD dominates all models.....why would that be?

AWD is popular across all segments now. Consumers think it's a must have- even more so once you get into luxury cars. RWD cars have advatnages in terms of driving dynamics, but most people just want the "security" of AWD. Of course, on the Taycan sedans, AWD also brings an increase in acceleration so it's a matter of priorities.

J0EL

First Name
Y1ADB1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Would be cool if Taycan had a RWD mode for all models

Last edited:
OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm sticking to the RWD with my build as planned, unless my test drive with the 4S brings unexpected results. Dealers need to get move stock, so I get why they need to promote current stock, but still leaves a bad taste.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
RWD on a 4S with the extra weight at the front might not handle how you would expect. Porsche should give the existing RWD more power in the rear motor.
Sponsored