Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration)

lesterb

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Has anyone had a problem with there seats? I have a line and discolouration . before you say we must have spilt something, we haven't.
it also feels a different texture.
porsche have even tried to clean it and have agreed its a different texture and very strange
I also have a perfect circle (about the size of a 2p) on one rear seat and a half moon on the other, and nobody has sat in the back!
I only ask as porsche are saying its not a warranty issue, which is unbelievable, so I am fighting hard with them but would be handy if anyone else has the same issue? thank you

Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) 20EC8EC4-7858-4392-959F-E6ACC0B5A8A8

Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) BDD1292F-E375-490D-B0B5-75830E977207

Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) 38692F2F-B622-4949-9B64-F2700CB5C0BE
Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) IMG_5546.JPG
Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) IMG_5547.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dom

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I was active on the BMW X5 forum when I had the 45e before the Taycan. I didn’t have it but lots of owners did and it looks similar to yours.

was it there on delivery?

I think with BMW there was an issue with the product they used.

I would have to look back myself but maybe you can google BMW G05 seat discoloration.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
How old is your car?

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Looks like an irregularity in the hide. Press for replacement of the seat bottom cover if it bothers you. No amount of cleaning will fix that.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Could be the leather is delaminating from the backing. Just a guess as I have never seen the inside of the leather covers.

Sorry to see this in your Taycan. Hope it is resolved smoothly soon.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As I previously posted, the leather (standard) used in the Taycan is a much inferior quality than usual Porsche leather. It can also depend on recyclable materials usage or other, but there's nothing nice about it. Weak and cheap material. I am thinking about having it redone. I bought off the lot so I didn't have a choice....

Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has anyone had a problem with there seats? I have a line and discolouration . before you say we must have spilt something, we haven't.
it also feels a different texture.
porsche have even tried to clean it and have agreed its a different texture and very strange
I also have a perfect circle (about the size of a 2p) on one rear seat and a half moon on the other, and nobody has sat in the back!
I only ask as porsche are saying its not a warranty issue, which is unbelievable, so I am fighting hard with them but would be handy if anyone else has the same issue? thank you

20EC8EC4-7858-4392-959F-E6ACC0B5A8A8.jpeg

BDD1292F-E375-490D-B0B5-75830E977207.jpeg

38692F2F-B622-4949-9B64-F2700CB5C0BE.jpeg
IMG_5546.JPG
IMG_5547.JPG
I have the exact same circle showing up on my front passenger seat - Contacted dealership and was told it maybe caused by putting a drink on the seat which can't be true because I would never.

Porsche Taycan Taycan seat problem partial leather fault help (line and discolouration) IMG_9059

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Keep on making noise. Mine kept on giving me suggestions for just about every problem, it could have been anything but manufacturer defect.
Sponsored