Fixing leather creases on the seat bolsters?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Just got my car back after 33 days. It's still not fixed yet, but at least it's been updated and a new camera installed. Weirdly enough they gave me a new windshield claiming that it had to come out as they had to disassemble the dash for some cable work. Oh well.

On to the topic at hand -- As I was driving home, quite bored in traffic (yay for 4km/h uphill...) I noticed the passenger seat's bolsters were heavily creased. This is obviously from the workers sitting on them. It was too late for me to turn around so I'll call them in the morning.

In the mean time I would like to know if anyone has ever had this fixed, and did it look good? I faintly remember someone on this very forum who got it fixed and it was absolutely atrocious, but I can't find that thread again.

I didn't grab a picture of the driver side, but suffice it to say it's spotless thus far after 5000km.

Porsche Taycan Fixing leather creases on the seat bolsters? 1622131240788

With all the problems I've had to deal with thus far I'm tempted to ask for a new seat under warranty. I know this will happen eventually, but this was done by them. So maybe? Or at least fixed for free.

Service has been excellent, the car has not. I've barely had one single 150km "enjoyable" trip. The rest has just been miserable. Received the car in november '20 and... I'm not too happy. They've also "chipped" an edge of the gold trim on the driver side, along with a tiny indentation above it (probably used a plastic tool there to pry it open)

* Over 2 months of no fast-charging due to charging door error (Nov - Jan).
* Over 7 months of no front camera, 3 of which had every cameras shutting off randomly. Sensors beeping randomly. Thankfully it never triggered an emergency brake.
* Over 7 months of extreme rattle while listening to music with specific deep bass tones. 5 Months of the whole interior, 2 months of just the passenger side. This includes a totally new Bose speaker on the passenger side, as well as a new door panel for rear-left passenger side after they punctured it.
* Near 40 days in the shop, longest stint being 33 days.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Just got my car back after 33 days. It's still not fixed yet, but at least it's been updated and a new camera installed. Weirdly enough they gave me a new windshield claiming that it had to come out as they had to disassemble the dash for some cable work. Oh well.

On to the topic at hand -- As I was driving home, quite bored in traffic (yay for 4km/h uphill...) I noticed the passenger seat's bolsters were heavily creased. This is obviously from the workers sitting on them. It was too late for me to turn around so I'll call them in the morning.

In the mean time I would like to know if anyone has ever had this fixed, and did it look good? I faintly remember someone on this very forum who got it fixed and it was absolutely atrocious, but I can't find that thread again.

I didn't grab a picture of the driver side, but suffice it to say it's spotless thus far after 5000km.

1622131240788.png

With all the problems I've had to deal with thus far I'm tempted to ask for a new seat under warranty. I know this will happen eventually, but this was done by them. So maybe? Or at least fixed for free.

Service has been excellent, the car has not. I've barely had one single 150km "enjoyable" trip. The rest has just been miserable. Received the car in november '20 and... I'm not too happy. They've also "chipped" an edge of the gold trim on the driver side, along with a tiny indentation above it (probably used a plastic tool there to pry it open)

* Over 7 months of no front camera, 3 of which had every cameras shutting off randomly. Sensors beeping randomly. Thankfully it never triggered an emergency brake.
* Over 7 months of extreme rattle while listening to music with specific deep bass tones. 5 Months of the whole interior, 2 months of just the passenger side. This includes a totally new Bose speaker on the passenger side, as well as a new door panel for rear-left passenger side after they punctured it.
Sorry for all the issues you have had to deal with. Re. the seat's bolsters, are they 14 or 18 way? I understand the 18 ways are larger & more prone to this creasing.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
18 way sports. I've had my dad in the passenger seat less than 5 times, and myself less than 5. Most of my trips are around 10km to/from, yet the driver side is perfectly fine.

Gotta say -- the PCM is much better now with after the latest update. Just hope I don't get any electrical fault errors. Not much confidence in the car at the moment.

I still love it. Woe is me. ? I finally understand Tesla owners.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

1622131240788.png

You must have had a plus-sized mechanic.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag

911mantas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Mine was looking the same after delivery... Maybe it is a problem with 18 way seats bolster?

AdreeHand

First Name
Right
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TayCan
Country flag

1622131240788.png

water + heat gun/hair dryer

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Mine was looking the same after delivery... Maybe it is a problem with 18 way seats bolster?
If its more on the 18 way, how how does the side bolster look? Its seems to be creasing in that picture
Also has anyone noticed this with the Olea leather? Standard leather is stretched tighter than the Olea
Sponsored