Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Probably old news to most and may also have been posted before (not waded through 12 pages of posts) but just stumbled across the 'reverse camera wash' button on the reversing camera screen.
Sponsored

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
For those who hand wash their car like me, I finally had a chance to test using the keyfob to disable Comfort Access by long pressing (about 1 second) both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Worked like a charm! I was able to wash the entire car with no car handles popping out, frunk opening while I'm washing the front, etc.

Note that it disables the proximity unlocking but also the door handles presenting when you touch the underside of the handle, which is really useful when you're washing around the door handles.

Comfort access can be reenabled by pressing lock/unlock on the keyfob again.
Or..... Put the key in the cup holder while washing. Porsche's and Audi's I have had kept chirping at me and locking and unlocking until I did this. But good tip on using the key fob.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
New owner of a Taycan Turbo S here and I wanted to share a few tips that I noticed while playing around. Maybe these are well known but it took me a while to figure some of these out.

On the control panel, you can pull down on the tab in the middle, which exposes shortcuts at the top. These are really handy since the PCM menus are convoluted. Also really handy to be able to jump right into CarPlay (rightmost button).

IMG_7976.png

The home button can be pressed a second time to show a multi-window (se picture below). By selecting the three dots on the lower right corner the specific things in the windows can be changed. I like to put the Burmester settings and ambient lights here because I use CarPlay for navigation and music.

IMG_7978.png

The Taycan (and maybe other Porsches) comes with a tire inflator! It's in the hood compartment on the right hand side under a pop out panel. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a pressure gauge. I used it to level up the pressure on my Tesla Model S ;)

When reversing the right hand side mirror was pointing way up. I turned off the feature that changed the mirrors when reversing, but then I realized you can just adjust the mirror position when reversing and it will remember that next time.

Coasting is a really good idea. In my Tesla Model S, braking regen is pretty aggressive even in its least aggressive mode. I find that I end up adjusting the accelerator constantly to maintain good distance and speed. In the Taycan I can just take my foot off the accelerator and maintain speed for a long time. Regen and adjusting constantly is inherently less efficient than coasting for a long time. Superficially optimizing for regen is the wrong idea for humans with imperfect feedback control.

When I first received my Taycan there was a flaw that caused poor acceleration and the only noticeable problem in the dash was the Precool/Preheat showed a System Error. It turns out it was a bad solenoid; if precool/preheat shows and error and you think "so what, I don't use that anyway"... don't ignore it.

Anybody else have favorite secret tips?
Great post, keep 'em coming. I am months into ownership and still trying to figure out how to use everything. My sales rep can talk all day long about Macans but is not able to answer basic questions about a Taycan. I don't even bother calling him anymore, I just fish around on this forum to find answers.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I think you can just press down on the brake to put it in hold then open the door and car is placed in park automatically. Then as you say lock the car with key. I say i think cuz i think i do this without realizing it. lol
Sometimes I don't even put it in park or open the door. I just turn the power off.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
I think you can just press down on the brake to put it in hold then open the door and car is placed in park automatically. Then as you say lock the car with key. I say i think cuz i think i do this without realizing it. lol
I accidently engaged ACC at a stop light and activated it. The green "hold" light comes on when I push the left lower control stalk forward. When you push the accelerator and accelerate from a stop, you can see ACC has defaulted to 20mph and regen is much heavier as you go faster than 20mph. Almost like "one peddle" regen. I still prefer the normal regen modes, but I noted that this gives me "HOLD" without stomping on the brake.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Storage tip:

I need a few small coins for a local toll Bridge most days and was struggling to find anywhere suitable......
Had not noticed this before and it has got a small lip on it as well. Ideal for small coins etc.

And handy for a lip balm stick at the far end!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions 20220108_101443

Last edited:

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
I read on other threads that this GPS auto location feature was hugely hit and miss and/or took too long to recognize your location - hence the query re voice activation. So in your experience the auto-location feature has been seamless and consistent?
In my experience, the home link pop-up via GPS works seamlessly and consistently to the point that I have deleted home-link from my favorites button.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
That sounds more like a safety feature than something one should do routinely. It feels like it’s just a shitty day waiting to happen when you accidentally touch the accelerator and the car pancakes itself into a wall.

Or worse, drive another car that doesn’t do this and gets Yelchined.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
In my experience, the home link pop-up via GPS works seamlessly and consistently to the point that I have deleted home-link from my favorites button.
Yeah my orig post there was before I got my car - feels like a lifetime ago now!

My other posts after receiving my car late Dec on this have it working well and even managed to have a driveway gate and garage door both open with a single click of my dashboard assigned button.

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That sounds more like a safety feature than something one should do routinely. It feels like it’s just a shitty day waiting to happen when you accidentally touch the accelerator and the car pancakes itself into a wall.

Or worse, drive another car that doesn’t do this and gets Yelchined.
Yes. A bad day indeed.

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Something may have been covered in some discussions:

Locking: from the manual it's said that press the door handle sensor twice (in 2s) would also lock and disable interior alarm, it actually works. This helps to avoid alarms running off. I also enabled the beeping feedback on locking. Then, the operating sequence is: press the locking sensor, wait the first beep, then press the sensor again. For > 90% times this would disable the alarm without reaching the key fob. You can verify by checking the flash signal short-short-long.

Storage : there is a hook folded on the upper panel of the rear trunk, hard to find without knowing it there!

HTH.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Door sensor technique only works on cars fitted with Comfort pack (all US cars I believe but not UK by default and is optional).