ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does anybody know a way to scroll through files for playing music rather than the touch pad that is just rubish as you cannot scroll with ease, as sometimes it does not move or you select a song you dont want. The main centre screen is just as bad and also dangerous when driving. I know on the right had screen you can scroll using the roller but only on an album that is playing. All other cars i have had ,mainly mercs and BMW, are so far advanced compared to Porsche is is quick frankly amateurish. Do Porsche read these forums and see these comments. The scroll wheels on the steering wheen need to be programable. the volume to become a scrol wheel through files and just use the volume on the screen. Why cannot porsch just go next door to Audi and have a lesson in how to to infotainment. or are they just to proud. Rant over. Love the rest of the car better than all the Mercs and BMW i have had when it comes to handling and performance.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
For those who hand wash their car like me, I finally had a chance to test using the keyfob to disable Comfort Access by long pressing (about 1 second) both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Worked like a charm! I was able to wash the entire car with no car handles popping out, frunk opening while I'm washing the front, etc.

Note that it disables the proximity unlocking but also the door handles presenting when you touch the underside of the handle, which is really useful when you're washing around the door handles.

Comfort access can be reenabled by pressing lock/unlock on the keyfob again.
I have to remember this….when i’ll hand wash next time.
just to clarify steps:
1. press both buttons at the same time for 2 seconds
2. Wash the car
3. Press both buttons for 2 seconds again.

my frunk opened when i was washing front cover (just putting water, no hands) with keys in my pocket.
should i left keys inside the car instead disabling CA?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anybody know a way to scroll through files for playing music rather than the touch pad that is just rubish as you cannot scroll with ease, as sometimes it does not move or you select a song you dont want. The main centre screen is just as bad and also dangerous when driving. I know on the right had screen you can scroll using the roller but only on an album that is playing. All other cars i have had ,mainly mercs and BMW, are so far advanced compared to Porsche is is quick frankly amateurish. Do Porsche read these forums and see these comments. The scroll wheels on the steering wheen need to be programable. the volume to become a scrol wheel through files and just use the volume on the screen. Why cannot porsch just go next door to Audi and have a lesson in how to to infotainment. or are they just to proud. Rant over. Love the rest of the car better than all the Mercs and BMW i have had when it comes to handling and performance.
Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the touch pad?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have to remember this….when i’ll hand wash next time.
just to clarify steps:
1. press both buttons at the same time for 2 seconds
2. Wash the car
3. Press both buttons for 2 seconds again.

my frunk opened when i was washing front cover (just putting water, no hands) with keys in my pocket.
should i left keys inside the car instead disabling CA?
Step 3 - single press of either lock or unlock.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have the personal RH button on the display programmed for 'next track' (not folder?).
And I have the LH one programmed to audio source.

So I can scroll through the source on the LH diamond and then scroll through tracks on the RH diamond.
And use the steering wheel thumb wheel for volume.

Works OK for me (but laggy some times)

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if the pump / sealant are standard since the MY 2020?
It was optional on my 2020 4 S ordered 4/13/20

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Not sure, where to put this, but the iOS Connect app widget is pretty cool.

C8975F5A-B2F2-4661-803D-A46BC31EEB7F.jpeg
This does not seem to be available for the MyPorsche app but should double check to confirm - I have a widget on the iPhone for my home EVSE by ChargePoint - car not plugged in right now otherwise would show charging stats - shows location of nearest charger and home loc when not plugged in.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.33.55 AM

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've found that shutting off the AC gives about 20 - 25 additional miles of range if you are in a pinch.

Is there any way to just run the blower motor without the AC being on? I've resorted to opening the windows. My other cars can do this.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've found that shutting off the AC gives about 20 - 25 additional miles of range if you are in a pinch.

Is there any way to just run the blower motor without the AC being on? I've resorted to opening the windows. My other cars can do this.
Have to admit that when I select ECO mode and turn off AC, I still get confused as to whether this is now simply air flow from outside w/o conditioning or a very low power conditioning? Seems to be the only way though to have the fans on w/o full AC- no? Being lazy and should go back to the manual/GTK app :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have to admit that when I select ECO mode and turn off AC, I still get confused as to whether this is now simply air flow from outside w/o conditioning or a very low power conditioning? Seems to be the only way though to have the fans on w/o full AC- no? Being lazy and should go back to the manual/GTK app :)
Eco Plus switches of the compressor so no drying or cooling of air and limited external air flow. Eco reducers the compressor performance.

Details in Porsche Good To Know App.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Not sure, where to put this, but the iOS Connect app widget is pretty cool.

C8975F5A-B2F2-4661-803D-A46BC31EEB7F.jpeg
This is cool. I had not realized the Connect app had this widget. Lots of different sizes and display options. However, I cannot seem to change the widget from metric to imperial. It is stuck in km and Celsius even though my app setting is on miles and Fahrenheit (and app reports in those units).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Eco Plus switches of the compressor so no drying or cooling of air and limited external air flow. Eco reducers the compressor performance.

Details in Porsche Good To Know App.
RE: ECO Plus, fully aware of this, nothing new there and not the point. The query was specifically w.r.t. std AC vs ECO and as to whether it operated on as I called it "low power conditioning" BUT still has AC on.

Thus, the only mode that seems to allow for pure air flow with fans with NO AC is in ECO Plus and only in RANGE mode.

IMO there should be a simple climate option described such as " for air flow w/o AC - do this..." - quite odd that we cannot do this other than in ECO Plus in RANGE mode.
Sponsored