First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Of course I don’t have that. Why????
Are you using the legacy Connect app or the newer (and not yet fully functional) My Porsche app? This is available for the former and not yet the latter it seems.
Sponsored

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
This is cool. I had not realized the Connect app had this widget. Lots of different sizes and display options. However, I cannot seem to change the widget from metric to imperial. It is stuck in km and Celsius even though my app setting is on miles and Fahrenheit (and app reports in those units).
Same here. I’ve got the Connect app set to imperial units, but widgets don’t respect it. It’s pretty cool checking out the status without having to open the app.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
RE: ECO Plus, fully aware of this, nothing new there and not the point. The query was specifically w.r.t. std AC vs ECO and as to whether it operated on as I called it "low power conditioning" BUT still has AC on.

Thus, the only mode that seems to allow for pure air flow with fans with NO AC is in ECO Plus and only in RANGE mode.

IMO there should be a simple climate option described such as " for air flow w/o AC - do this..." - quite odd that we cannot do this other than in ECO Plus in RANGE mode.
I think this can be done by using the Porsche voice commands by saying “turn on ventilation”, but I could be wrong. I think this doesn’t engage the AC.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I think this can be done by using the Porsche voice commands by saying “turn on ventilation”, but I could be wrong. I think this doesn’t engage the AC.

Was just using this ECO option in the car now and here is why I suspect (but stil cannot 100% confirm) the idea that basic ECO mode is not in fact conditioned air but simply unconditioned air flow from exterior to interior and not as has been suggested with some reduced level air conditioning on.

Here is Ventilation with both ECO and AC ON - you can clearly feel the AC effect albeit reduced in this mode:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions IMG_4752

However you can clearly turn AC OFF and leave only ECO on - to any reasonable interpretation this would imply ECO ventilation means simple exterior to interior (or recirculated if chosen) unconditioned airflow.

When I had this setup selected today in 72F weather with moderate humidity I could def begin to feel that humidity with AC turned off and ECO on - hence why I suspect ECO may indeed be simple airflow (also different to the ECO Plus management - a diff discussion).

Ventilation with ECO selected and AC OFF - in this setup I could def feel increased humidity and what appears to be no AC as the setting would suggest:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions IMG_4753

Now it may be when you fiddle with temperature settings in the climate panel that this could induce more 'conditioning' but have not messed with it yet to see if by doing that does the AC light turn back on/blue.

Bottomline - if ECO by itself (AC off) does in fact still use the compressor it must be at a truly minuscule level - I guess I need to try and listen to see if I can here it in ECO/No AC setting.

Last edited:

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
There is a setting when you have AC and ECO off, but have not engaged OFF, there is still air flowing through, which I think is unconditioned. You can press OFF to completely turn off any air flow, or say “turn off ventilation”, assuming we’re mean the same thing.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
There is a setting when you have AC and ECO off, but have not engaged OFF, there is still air flowing through, which I think is unconditioned. You can press OFF to completely turn off any air flow, or say “turn off ventilation”, assuming we’re mean the same thing.
Ah good one - had not tried this, so - with all three options colored white there is still airflow, correct? Are you saying that you can have ECO & AC white (i.e. disabled) but have OFF highlighted in blue and still have airflow? Too late here to mess with this now but will have a go tomorrow - Cheers, C.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Ah good one - had not tried this, so - with all three options colored white there is still airflow, correct? Are you saying that you can have ECO & AC white (i.e. disabled) but have OFF highlighted in blue and still have airflow? Too late here to mess with this now but will have a go tomorrow - Cheers, C.
Yes, if you don’t have OFF explicitly enabled, i.e. in blue, and the other two options are in white, then there still is air flow. PCM UI is confusing, but this is how it works at least for me.

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
The center display offers a multitouch gesture for volume control. If you place two fingers on the "Trackpad" simultaneously you can increase/decrease the volume by moving up and down (on my MY22).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, if you don’t have OFF explicitly enabled, i.e. in blue, and the other two options are in white, then there still is air flow. PCM UI is confusing, but this is how it works at least for me.
Maybe this helps

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions 1641816339942

Setting AC (everything) to OFF the outside air supply is interrupted / reduced and the entire air conditioning system is switched off - this will save 100% of energy otherwise consumed but not a practical / wise thing to do.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The center display offers a multitouch gesture for volume control. If you place two fingers on the "Trackpad" simultaneously you can increase/decrease the volume by moving up and down (on my MY22).
All MYs - you can also say 'Hey Porsche, turn up / down the volume' same for heating / cooling

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
In my experience, the home link pop-up via GPS works seamlessly and consistently to the point that I have deleted home-link from my favorites button.
Question. If I setup home-link does it simply activate every time I approach my house, and will it close the garage door if it's already open?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Question. If I setup home-link does it simply activate every time I approach my house, and will it close the garage door if it's already open?
It uses the saved geo-coordinates if you acknowledged the prompt when setting to open. No auto close as far as I am aware.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Nothing opens or closes automatically. What happens is that when you approach the location you've associated with that profile (i.e. your house), a little popup appears on the PCM screen. You then push the button on that PCM popup and it will open/close your garage door.

It's an imperfect system because the little PCM popup will be covered by the reversing camera. If your driveway isn't that long, you can open/close the garage door from the street outside your house. (That is, either open the door from the street before reversing into your driveway, or close the door from the street after reversing out of your driveway. Or you can tie the function to one of the programmable buttons.

On the subject of programmable buttons, does anyone know of a way to make the park button on the lower display activate the cameras, not park assist?