kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
A german Porsche dealer has fixed service prices on their site. All Taycan models - 2 year service is 300€ and 4 year service is 380€. This should be a good hint to what the actual service will cost. I won't believe those weird UK packages make any sense. Jeke74 made a good point, it might include warranty, or a whole new set tires, a bar of gold.. god knows.
Sponsored

ZubyDoo

First Name
Jarle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes SL, Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Hi, new to the forum but have been watching for months. Gentian 4S being delivered end next week and having satin ppf applied. On theme of servicing, I queried costs with my OPC - their response was

Minor services at 2 years/20k miles are approximately £500.00 including changing perishable items such as brake fluid.

Major services at 4 years/40k miles that include more in-depth checks are just shy of £700.00.

Services alternate every 2 years between major and minor, so those costs continue to be repeated throughout the life of the car.

Of course if other consumable items such as tyres or brakes will increase these costs if needed, and the car will need an MOT every year after its 3rd birthday. It’s also worth remembering as well that you will be liable for other costs should the car need repairing beyond the scope of the warranty (ie after it has expired), though you can extend this at a cost of approximately £1k PA.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, new to the forum but have been watching for months. Gentian 4S being delivered end next week and having satin ppf applied. On theme of servicing, I queried costs with my OPC - their response was

Minor services at 2 years/20k miles are approximately £500.00 including changing perishable items such as brake fluid.

Major services at 4 years/40k miles that include more in-depth checks are just shy of £700.00.

Services alternate every 2 years between major and minor, so those costs continue to be repeated throughout the life of the car.

Of course if other consumable items such as tyres or brakes will increase these costs if needed, and the car will need an MOT every year after its 3rd birthday. It’s also worth remembering as well that you will be liable for other costs should the car need repairing beyond the scope of the warranty (ie after it has expired), though you can extend this at a cost of approximately £1k PA.
Yep this is what I would expect and in line with every Porsche I've owned.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep this is what I would expect and in line with every Porsche I've owned.
I hope so. The service package prices that were released recently were absolutely shocking. If it does turn out to be around £500, I hope those who bought the £2,500 per service package get refunded...

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
A german Porsche dealer has fixed service prices on their site. All Taycan models - 2 year service is 300€ and 4 year service is 380€. This should be a good hint to what the actual service will cost. I won't believe those weird UK packages make any sense. Jeke74 made a good point, it might include warranty, or a whole new set tires, a bar of gold.. god knows.
Do you think we can take it to Germany for the service?

philkent

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Servicing UK AF5ED89A-1861-4083-A8F3-ADF28C62A726

I got this today from the dealer, so prices are high! I think I will take my chances and see what the service really costs in 2 years Time!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I got this today from the dealer, so prices are high! I think I will take my chances and see what the service really costs in 2 years Time!
Can't believe that "full battery charge" is even listed as a feature. You don't even get it in the first plan and do you even want a full charge if its hanging around service centre for the day!

I wonder what the EVHC actually is – and why is it only performed once over the full period?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Can't believe that "full battery charge" is even listed as a feature. You don't even get it in the first plan and do you even want a full charge if its hanging around service centre for the day!

I wonder what the EVHC actually is – and why is it only performed once over the full period?
That's a good indicator of how desperately they are trying to still make good money with service on Taycans...

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Servicing UK Ty
AF5ED89A-1861-4083-A8F3-ADF28C62A726.jpeg

I challenged this with Porsche GB as up until 16 Feb 2021 Porsche FS were marketing the same plan online but significantly cheaper - look familiar? The difference I was told was down to "Mandatory Drainage Checks" - nothing more nothing less.

I complained to Porsche De and wrote to Dr Blume. All that happened is that I was referred back to Porsche GB and to the same useless customer service rep who failed to satisfactorily answer my question in the first place and said I should take it up with Porsche FS. Whilst Porsche FS is part of VW FS is it really the case that Porsche Germany have no input as to what is required service wise. This is from an organisation that prides itself of focussed customer service.

My dealer estimated the cost of the first 2 services at around £1150 which is expensive but Porsche is expensive. The revised plan seems to be without substance when looked at an identical and now withdrwan one (although they were running side by side until 16 Feb) - best avoided which seems to be the general concensus.

I am debating whether to take the matter any further but although it feels totally wrong I am not sure where it will get me and do I need the aggro!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I challenged this with Porsche GB as up until 16 Feb 2021 Porsche FS were marketing the same plan online but significantly cheaper - look familiar? The difference I was told was down to "Mandatory Drainage Checks" - nothing more nothing less.

I complained to Porsche De and wrote to Dr Blume. All that happened is that I was referred back to Porsche GB and to the same useless customer service rep who failed to satisfactorily answer my question in the first place and said I should take it up with Porsche FS. Whilst Porsche FS is part of VW FS is it really the case that Porsche Germany have no input as to what is required service wise. This is from an organisation that prides itself of focussed customer service.

My dealer estimated the cost of the first 2 services at around £1150 which is expensive but Porsche is expensive. The revised plan seems to be without substance when looked at an identical and now withdrwan one (although they were running side by side until 16 Feb) - best avoided which seems to be the general concensus.

I am debating whether to take the matter any further but although it feels totally wrong I am not sure where it will get me and do I need the aggro!
[/QUOTE]

I agree, this feels very wrong - Porsche dealers trying to fleece early adopters. I have a feeling Tesla owners used to have really high servicing costs as well related to replacing something to do with battery fluid (coolant?). I may be wrong about that though. When the dealer said "mandatory drainage checks" did they say what was "mandatory" about them? Is it that the warranty (3 years in the UK plus 7 years on the battery) would not be honoured if we don't have them every 2 years? I know that non-Porsche dealer services are supposed to harm sell-on value, but at these prices, I'd look elsewhere, although it'll probably be a couple more years before third parties have the expertise to service a Taycan.

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag

I agree, this feels very wrong - Porsche dealers trying to fleece early adopters. I have a feeling Tesla owners used to have really high servicing costs as well related to replacing something to do with battery fluid (coolant?). I may be wrong about that though. When the dealer said "mandatory drainage checks" did they say what was "mandatory" about them? Is it that the warranty (3 years in the UK plus 7 years on the battery) would not be honoured if we don't have them every 2 years? I know that non-Porsche dealer services are supposed to harm sell-on value, but at these prices, I'd look elsewhere, although it'll probably be a couple more years before third parties have the expertise to service a Taycan.
[/QUOTE]
I queried if it was so mandatory as to why it was not worthy of being included in the service schedule - it seems the obvious place. The whole response to be honest lacked any credibility. Very poor customer service.
Sponsored