Taycan Tire Expectancy?

williamo

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Macan S | 19 Range Rover | 22 Taycan (on order)
Country flag
We got a flat tire on our Taycan RWD yesterday. I came outside and the rear right tire was completed deflated, couldn't even drive it to a gas station to get some air. No sign of a nail in it. My spouse was driving it before and insists there was no pothole involved (đź‘€). I'm thinking it likely was a pothole or something on the road as we have had a really wild winter (by California standards) and there is tree debris and holes everywhere in our community from all of the rain and snow storms.

AAA were great - they got out to us in an hour and towed it down to our local tire shop. Unfortunately it's not repairable so it's now sat there waiting for 2 new rear tires to arrive on Friday. The mechanic said the rear tires were really warn (makes sense = RWD) so we were likely going to need replacements anyway.

All this begs the question - How many miles are you getting with your tires?

Our Taycan has 20 inch Turbo wheels on the OEM Pirellis from new with about 14,000 miles on the clock. We don't drive it that aggressively but do live up a mountain with lots of hairpin bends. Curious to know what everyone else is seeing.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Tire Expectancy? IMG_3165
Sponsored

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I had the OEM Pirellis for 21s which are P Zero PZ4 which has a tread wear rating of 220. Was just about to hit the wear bars. Had them replaced two weeks ago at just a hair under 15k miles. I drive like a grandma 85% of the time.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you report the wear pattern and Pirelli model name of your expired tires, then forum members can comment on whether they prematurely wore out due to the nature of that model tire, under/over inflation, excess camber (that's how my tires wore down to bare cord on the inside edges prematurely), etc.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
This is very helpful information for me. I have had my car about 30 months, and I have about 8k on my summers and 1k on my winters. I'd say that 15k seems about right, since they look about half worn. I don't get to drive as much as I'd like...

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
I had the Pilot 4S tires on mine and about 36k miles in 2 years is what i got on them. I like to speed, but I mostly daily drive to work where i really can’t get up to too much with traffic and not many twisty roads in my vicinity. I bought another set and put them right back on there.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have close to 14k miles on my Continental ProContact 20" wheels, still looks to be a ton of tread left. I drive pretty conservatively 90% of the time. I haven't measured the tread, but my rough eye test suggests to me I could easily get 25-30k miles...not sure though.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I had the OEM Pirellis for 21s which are P Zero PZ4 which has a tread wear rating of 220. Was just about to hit the wear bars. Had them replaced two weeks ago at just a hair under 15k miles. I drive like a grandma 85% of the time.

Lewis Hamilton the other 15%?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have the GoodYear Eagle F1, 21 inch on my car. I have been positively impressed by these tyres. Not very happy when I got them from the beginning since I have had a few GoodYears on other cars, that wore down very quickly and did not inspire regarding grip level. But the Eagles have impressed me, and unless Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or 5s, come with NFO approval, I will get the same again.

I have 34 k km’s on the summer tyres and still have between 4.5 to 5 mm left on all tyres. Even wear over all the surface so no alignment issue either. I never measured these tyres when new but hve assumed they were about 8 mm.

The car is mainly used for long distance driving and has seen several trips on the Autobahn with speeds around 200 to 230 km/h, when traffic has allowed. Not too many launches though and no track days either. But good use of move pedal!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have the GoodYear Eagle F1, 21 inch on my car. I have been positively impressed by these tyres.
Me too.
I was intrigued why they were one of the recommended tyres and looked for reviews which were good but the extra thing I noticed was low noise, which makes them a particularly good choice for an EV.

I have never expected long life from grippy tyres, I suppose if it is just loads of cruising on straight roads one would expect good life from any tyre but for sporty driving around twisty roads a bit much to ask for good grip and long life.

Pirelli Pzero do between 3,500 and 4000 miles on my sports car.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Me too.
I was intrigued why they were one of the recommended tyres and looked for reviews which were good but the extra thing I noticed was low noise, which makes them a particularly good choice for an EV.

I have never expected long life from grippy tyres, I suppose if it is just loads of cruising on straight roads one would expect good life from any tyre but for sporty driving around twisty roads a bit much to ask for good grip and long life.

Pirelli Pzero do between 3,500 and 4000 miles on my sports car.
These are still the Asymmetric 3?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes mine are Asymmetric 3. Came on the car at delivery. I will certainly consider the same brand again when it is time to change. And now I understand they have brought out the Asymmetric 5?

But I have always been a great fan of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and really hope they will be available as NFO approved?
Sponsored