the Perfect song for audio testing…have I found it?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the other day I was on shuffle play with apple music - and Wooden Ships by CSNY came on…

https://music.apple.com/us/album/wooden-ships/908303090?i=908303122

OMG the bose system in my 2020 Taycan simply illuminates this song - I mean honestly I can’t think of a better audio track to try out - the Bose system in this Taycan is simply stunning…

I happen to have access to a few other porsche-bose vehicles and I immediately tried the same song in them…and was less impressed…
  • ’15 Boxster-S w/Bose - same song - acceptable, rating of 6 vs. the the Taycan as the “10” (not saying taycn is perfect itself, but it is the ‘reference’ 10 for me personally)
  • ’18 911 GT3 w/Bose - same sone - I now have a lower opinion of bose sound quality in this vehicle - rating of 5 out of 10 vs. Taycan
  • ’20 Cayenne base w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for audio quality - pretty good but no match for the Taycan’s bose system
  • ’19 Chevy Bolt w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for Audio quality - suprising result - really really good audio system in this little wicked functional EV…OMG did not expect that…
I think historically the Bose systems are better than base audio, but not as good as burmeister - I also know many are disappointed with Bose based on previous systems - but the Bose system in the Taycan is not your previous Porsche’s bose system…

don’t use your past experience with Porsche+Bose to make your decision - you simply must experience the Bose/Taycan system to make an informed decision - the Bose system for the Taycan (which we know was custom designed for the Taycan and is a new system cause it’s the first porsche/bose system for an EV) is really really good based on my experience - better than any other Porsche Bose system I’ve experienced…

does that mean I’m saying you don’t need the burmeister - NO - that is not what I’m saying, I’ve never experienced the burmeister so I do not know…
also you may still be disappointed in Bose - all I’m saying in that in my opinion the Taycan’s Bose system is the best I’ve experience - the sound field in this car (wear the music is placed in the interior space) is simply stunning in my opinion…

I’m saying - your past experience with Porsche/Bose may not be an accurate reference to predict if you will be happy with the Taycan-Bose - you simply must try it….you may still not like it - but I‘m betting you’ll agree it the best Porsche/Bose system in the fleet right now…hmmmm may need to try the Panamera…

now all I need to do is find a burmeister Taycan and try this track with that as compared to my Taycan/Bose system…
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
the other day I was on shuffle play with apple music - and Wooden Ships by CSNY came on…

OMG the bose system in my 2020 Taycan simply illuminates this song - I mean honestly I can’t think of a better audio track to try out - the Bose system in this Taycan is simply stunning…

I happen to have access to a few other porsche-bose vehicles and I immediately tried the same song in them…and was less impressed…
  • ’15 Boxster-S w/Bose - same song - acceptable, rating of 6 vs. the the Taycan as the “10” (not saying taycn is perfect itself, but it is the ‘reference’ 10 for me personally)
  • ’18 911 GT3 w/Bose - same sone - I now have a lower opinion of bose sound quality in this vehicle - rating of 5 out of 10 vs. Taycan
  • ’20 Cayenne base w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for audio quality - pretty good but no match for the Taycan’s bose system
  • ’19 Chevy Bolt w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for Audio quality - suprising result - really really good audio system in this little wicked functional EV…OMG did not expect that…
I think historically the Bose systems are better than base audio, but not as good as burmeister - I also know many are disappointed with Bose based on previous systems - but the Bose system in the Taycan is not your previous Porsche’s bose system…

don’t use your past experience with Porsche+Bose to make your decision - you simply must experience the Bose/Taycan system to make an informed decision - the Bose system for the Taycan (which we know was custom designed for the Taycan and is a new system cause it’s the first porsche/bose system for an EV) is really really good based on my experience - better than any other Porsche Bose system I’ve experienced…

does that mean I’m saying you don’t need the burmeister - NO - that is not what I’m saying, I’ve never experienced the burmeister so I do not know…
also you may still be disappointed in Bose - all I’m saying in that in my opinion the Taycan’s Bose system is the best I’ve experience - the sound field in this car (wear the music is placed in the interior space) is simply stunning in my opinion…

I’m saying - your past experience with Porsche/Bose may not be an accurate reference to predict if you will be happy with the Taycan-Bose - you simply must try it….you may still not like it - but I‘m betting you’ll agree it the best Porsche/Bose system in the fleet right now…hmmmm may need to try the Panamera…

now all I need to do is find a burmeister Taycan and try this track with that as compared to my Taycan/Bose system…
Matches my own experience re. Taycan's Bose vs. Bose in other cars.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The whole album is a masterpiece! It sounded great on my used 1969 VW Squareback back in college on a 8-track. Can't wait to hear it in my Taycan.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Listening to it now in my Taycan on the Burmester. Nice separation and clarity. The soundstage is amazing. Good call.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
in cayenne now - listening - more muddy than taycan

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
We should set a few songs for testing.

I totally agree with the Taycan Bose is way way way better than Bose on all SUV. I cannot say for 718 or 911. Nor can I say for burnmester.

Whenyou drive (alone of course) what volume do you turn it up to?

My sweet spot is 18-23

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Mine has changed depending on phone. Does that make sense?
My Google Pixel 4 (2019) was ~10 initially (April 2020). Then after the update ~summer 2020 it needed to be increased to ~20 when driving alone. My new phone (Asus Zenfone 8) is at 10 with the same experienced level.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine has changed depending on phone. Does that make sense?
My Google Pixel 4 (2019) was ~10 initially (April 2020). Then after the update ~summer 2020 it needed to be increased to ~20 when driving alone. My new phone (Asus Zenfone 8) is at 10 with the same experienced level.
Are you connecting via Bluetooth? If so, the phone has an output volume setting, at least on my iPhones.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Are you connecting via Bluetooth? If so, the phone has an output volume setting, at least on my iPhones.
Yep. Both on full, as per recommendation. (My Pixel 4 was changed from ~10 in the 1st version of the software (april 2020) to ~20 on the 2nd version (September 2020). Same phone, same settings in both phone and car).

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Thanks for taking the time to share this. I love seeing this kind of thread pop up in my feed as a change from people worrying about software update.

Oh, and Wooden Ships happens to be a favorite of mine too ;)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I agree. BOSE in these cars is great compared to other P-cars I've owned with BOSE. Had Burmester in a 970 Panny turbo and it was INCREDIBLE. BOSE in Cayenne GTS is 1 step down from Taycan and 991.2 BOSE isn't even close to Taycan.
Sponsored