Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have had 4 different 911's in my life and absolutely loved everyone of them. For me though the older I got the more I did not want to drive them and preferred comfort instead. But when I got to test drive the Taycan I felt I got the best of both a really comfortable drive with power and agility.

I got tired of running over a dime and hitting my head on the roof...way to sensitive

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I specifically asked to drive a 911 as a loaner when my Taycan goes in for some work in January. Somehow, the 911 still feels like a bucketlist item, so would be good to get some miles in on that now that I have the Taycan.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
This is quite a subjective thread, there will be no right or wrong answer….just peoples needs, wants and circumstance. The only related issues are costs - fuel (hydrocarbon’s) vs electric… in the UK we are on an upward curve where electric is getting more expensive regardless if you home charge or use public network, unfortunately the upward cost tread is closing the differential of cost between electric and fuel.

Add to the fact that most government incentives are now dissolving only to also see an increase of taxation on EV cars that are aligning with those currently on petrol/diesel cars above £40k as a new purchase.

It is realised, but process not established, that once the car markets can only offer EV cars, that ‘governments’ WILL look into how to generate the taxes currently earned on fuel, can be also applied to kw used for EV’s…. basic deduction is that they will need/want to find a way to continue the fuel duty revene with the replacement EV and kw usage.

Soooooooo, all I can think of to add to the original thread subject is to say that pick which ever car makes you happy, enjoy and most importantly, look forward to driving.

Personally, I have had a few Porsche’s in my time, I jumped into the EV market but still found the earning to return back to the Porsche brand so I ordered a CT4, albeit with my old ‘petrol head‘ on, this ended up being a £130k itch! Am intrigued to see if it brings as much enjoyment as I have had in the past, but if not I will re-evaluate once I get some miles with the CT4S under my belt. My alternative, I like to always have a ‘plan B’, would be source a simple/cheaper EV for a daily and something like a 911 (993) as the fun car which would be my current view point as a replacement for a Taycan.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I really don't understand why people compare a Taycan with a 911.
Those cars are totally different.
Of course a 911 drives better on a twisty road, of course it slows down faster, of course it is more responsive.
It's lighter.
It's a thoroughbred sportscar, SURPRISE!
If you want to compare EV vs ICE use a Panamera, Audi RSx, MB E63 AMG etc.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As I said in some orher thread: i’ll never go back to ICE.
I’d love to have 911EV, but it’s quite possible that i’ll end with SUV in about 3-5 years.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had sort of justified the high cost of the battery by thinking I had bought my first 3 years worth of “petrol” included in the cost of the car, with the cost of charging being almost negligible.
By the time I picked it up the cost of charging had become very expensive and the much vaunted improvement in charging infrastructure has largely not happened.
Still I liked the throttle response more than NA petrol cars and hugely more than anything turbocharged.

Reactions: B61

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I wanted to say something snarky but the 911 is a phenomenal vehicle that I really can't say a thing bad about.
Challenge accepted:
It can only carry two people.
It doesn't have much luggage space.
It's noisy, all of the time.
You're always in the wrong gear when you want to accelerate.
It stinks.
It vibrates.
The shifts are horrible.
The powerband is limited and not linear.
It's uncomfortable due to coil springs.
You can't even see the engine!!!

I had a 992 C4S. 🤭

Porsche Taycan Thinking of going back to ICE IMG_20200507_172955722_HDR

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: B61

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I really don't understand why people compare a Taycan with a 911.
Those cars are totally different.
Of course a 911 drives better on a twisty road, of course it slows down faster, of course it is more responsive.
It's lighter.
It's a thoroughbred sportscar, SURPRISE!
If you want to compare EV vs ICE use a Panamera, Audi RSx, MB E63 AMG etc.
I don’t think it’s a comparison- more of reading as to return to ICE from EV

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Challenge accepted:
It can only carry two people.
It doesn't have much luggage space.
It's noisy, all of the time.
You're always in the wrong gear when you want to accelerate.
It stinks.
It vibrates.
The shifts are horrible.
The powerband is limited and not linear.
You can't even see the engine.
It's uncomfortable due to coil springs.

I had a 992 C4S. 🤭
Lol, some of the attributes that brings a lot of memories/experience to the many past owners:rock:

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I had a 2008 911 GT3, roll cage, bucket seats, manual. I loved it at the time I seem to remember. Track days, Le Mans 24hrs etc. I was young….
Things have moved on.
I have had a Taycan 4S and now I have a Taycan GTS.
I didn’t realise how much things had moved on until I had a 911 GTS loaner for 48 hrs.
I had about 2 minutes of nostalgia before I started up.
Noisy engine. Noisy bang, crash, wallop suspension. Tiresome manual gearbox. I had to change gear 35 times in traffic in less than three miles. As much fun as scaling your own teeth.
The Bose stereo was necessary to drown out the cacophony and still sounded SHIT compared to my base cheapo standard stereo in the Taycan. It was such a disappointment I left it in the garage on my day off. Couldn’t wait to get the Taycan back. So smooth. So comfortable yet firm andeffortlessly quick. Throttle response just telepathic.
Fond memories of old ICE cars but like steam trains and sailing ships it is the technology the last millennium.
Taycan is the future.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My issue with going back to ICE after driving an EV is how unresponsive the accelerator is by comparison.

It feels like something is broken.
Sponsored