Tips/Pointers on washing Taycan?

wswh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Greetings all,

Are there any general pointers or tips on washing taycan?

Porsche Taycan Tips/Pointers on washing Taycan? 1716357706450-9q

At the front of the cars there's this 2 vents? how do you get rid of all the dirt and leaves stuck inside?

Thank you!
Sponsored

ms-in-uk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I would use a jetwash, I use a pre wash (citrus) depending on the time of year, then snow foam. Make sure you get both in the vents and rinse from both sides. There are also vents at the front of the wheel arch that benefit from a good clean.

YMMV but that's what works for me.

MS

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
After washing the car but before drying it off open the trunk lid to drain some trapped water.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Think about deactivating the comfort Access to avoid the risk of unexpected openings of front trunk or charging port doors during jetwash.

1716366586861-i6.png
I started leaving keys inside before I wash as it would pop open often. Will try your step! Looks smarter.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
At the front of the cars there's this 2 vents? how do you get rid of all the dirt and leaves stuck inside?
It’s really easy to clean that area. Spray it out with a hose and then wash it as normal with your wash mitt.

Also, I use a 2 bucket system with a grid in the bottom of each bucket to capture the grit that comes off of my wash mitts.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s really easy to clean that area. Spray it out with a hose and then wash it as normal with your wash mitt.

Also, I use a 2 bucket system with a grid in the bottom of each bucket to capture the grit that comes off of my wash mitts.
Been a rough patch in Austin for trying to keep our cars clean. Hang in there, Jim, the unforgiving Texas sun appears to be here for good now.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Been a rough patch in Austin for trying to keep our cars clean. Hang in there, Jim, the unforgiving Texas sun appears to be here for good now.
Sure has been difficult this spring. I also live in an area with a lot of road construction so that makes it much worse (redoing 290 near Oak Hill). The heat has definitely arrived though.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Nothing Taycan specific to note with my wash habits, however, a few tips I've learned:

1. Wash with front to back strokes, not circles, to reduce spider webbing, especially on dark paints.
  2. Wipe windows (with glass cleaner) front to back on the outside, and up/down on the inside. makes it easier to figure out which side streaks are.
  3. If you don't have ceramic coating, a ceramic spray wax is great, and cheap, to promote beading and drying. I apply every few washes. I use a Meguire's product but there's plenty options out there.
  4. Dampen your drying towel first, it helps it wick better and is less abrasive on that first wipe.
  5. Find a leather cleaner/conditioner that doesn't leave a shine. the Taycan dash is really flat and reflective. Does anyone have a good product suggestion here?
  6. One Taycan specific advice, to clean any rust off the rotors after a wash, you can force the mechanical brakes to be applied by shifting to neutral while coasting, then apply the brakes.
  7. Some more advice on pressure washing equipment and other wash advice here.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Nothing special I've noticed about washing the Taycan. Start at the top and work toward the bottom. The glass roof is easy in that I can quickly clean it with Glass Plus followed by a RainX coating (the original, not the spray). :)

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After you're done with the wash but before you dry the car, open the boot. You'd be surprised how much water and soap the spoiler housing collects!
Sponsored