U.K. Launch/Deliveries pushed back?

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
My theory is they haven’t been able to ramp up production as quickly as they originally thought poss due to the quality control
Unlike other un named manufacturers Porsche want the product to be perfect
Spot on. Porsche has in several occations informed that the production ramp up is behind schedule. Porsche Norway recently informed that the delay is still 8-10 weekend, and last thursday, Porsche AG told us at Zuffenhausen that they will reach full production in the fall.
Sponsored

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
My 4S was supposed be locked down this week and leave factory early March but my dealer has just said their launch has been pushed back from Feb to 4th April.

All orders due have been pushed back and they won’t see any cars until mid April earliest

I’ve asked him if all UK orders and he seems to think so but awaiting confirmation.

Really feel like they are struggling to get the production line scaled up and running.

I really feel like cancelling and getting 1 .5 version of the car if they can’t get this launched properly, forced additions on the spec, my build pushed back as the interior wasn’t available in Jan builds, lack of wireless car play, remote park not available, 22kw charging dropped etc etc..

I’m literally suppose to hand my 911 over this week as part ex to nail the price, don’t fancy waiting an indefinite amount of time for replacement.
I visited my UK dealer this morning - he's kindly lent me a 911 4S for the day so I have some fun while I'm waiting for my Taycan! What a fabulous car.

I took the chance to check on production. Previously my car was due at the dealership March 27, now it's slipped 14 days to April 10. He also said they're waiting for confirmation of the UK release date and won't be able to release any UK cars until that date, which should hopefully also be mid April.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I visited my UK dealer this morning - he's kindly lent me a 911 4S for the day so I have some fun while I'm waiting for my Taycan! What a fabulous car.

I took the chance to check on production. Previously my car was due at the dealership March 27, now it's slipped 14 days to April 10. He also said they're waiting for confirmation of the UK release date and won't be able to release any UK cars until that date, which should hopefully also be mid April.
that’s what I was told a month ago, I’m disappointed that my car has slipped but some people were expecting delivery of cars in Jan!

it’s frustrating that Porsche don’t just do a press release so we all have the same info as the dealers don’t seem well informed and different dealers are also giving differing info to customers

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My dealer today suggested their launch event would be on 1st April, formal invite to follow later.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer today suggested their launch event would be on 1st April, formal invite to follow later.
As did mine in Portsmouth last week. I had to give permission to Porsche UK to invite me but I have not heard anything yet.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Update yesterday is delivery is now the first week of May,
Foe those keeping track, Jan->March 11th> Mid April ->first week of May

Only upside is that the dealer will still pay the same trade in on my 911 and i possibly get some use with the roof down when the weather improves

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Which Uk dealers are you guys using. I’m getting the “we’ll let you know as soon as anything changes” statement from mine.

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Which Uk dealers are you guys using. I’m getting the “we’ll let you know as soon as anything changes” statement from mine.
Chester. They're very helpful, I speak to them every couple of weeks and they check the schedules and let me know any changes. I guess they're no more in control of the process than we are so they're very noncommittal about whether the dates are 'firm' or how much more slippage there may be, this makes the seem a bit cagey sometimes but I think they're doing everything they can to keep me informed. It's a bit of a nightmare for them given (a) it's a brand new car on a totally new platform so some form of unpredictable slippage seems likely especially given a distributed supply chain, (b) they won't be aware of any politics on how delays to schedules might impact different countries in different ways, (c) for us in the UK at least, there's the question of impact specifically on right hand drive to factor in to any delays, (d) the logistics of production also interact with the admin and politics and marketing of the 'U.K. go live date' ie they might get the cars delivered to the dealer but have to then wait until a certain date before any UK car can be registered with DVLA and owner. Add of course that almost all of them have zero experience of EVs! I have a lot of sympathy for them.

Interestingly the Chester dealership has a lot of building and work going on in their car park and plot - all of it related to installation of a large number of charging stations including two high speed.

Also they reckon that by mid April when there's sign off from all the relevant parties for registering Uk Taycans, there'll be as many as 9 or 10 (including mine hopefully!) arrived at the Chester dealership. This obviously assumes no further production slippage. Apparently this will be a mix of all three models.

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Update yesterday is delivery is now the first week of May,
Foe those keeping track, Jan->March 11th> Mid April ->first week of May

Only upside is that the dealer will still pay the same trade in on my 911 and i possibly get some use with the roof down when the weather improves
Mine is looking the same. Originally Jan build for Feb delivery, then Feb build for March delivery, now early April build for late April / early May delivery :-(

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Mine is looking the same. Originally Jan build for Feb delivery, then Feb build for March delivery, now early April build for late April / early May delivery :-(
I’m getting the feeling my 4S will also move to late April, from an original Jan build.

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve had confirmation, of a few facts, nothing new though.

Lunch event end of march
My build slot to be locked down mid to end of march
Delivery may/June.

Laish

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
So heres my update as of 20/02/20 . My 4s from OPC Portmouth completed build about 4 weeks ago and is in the UK. its currently sat in sheerness port awaiting conformaty certificates and I cant have it untill Porsche carry out their launch events. Mine is the first car OPCP have, yet (through no fault of the dealer) I cant have it, probably until April. This is frustrating as I have my current car for sale and now cant sell it. Also I was looking forward to collecting 1st March as planned. On the plus side my 12 week delayed Anderson charger (something about Corona virus delays - Seriously) is now not so important. Did I read theres no point having 22KW charging installed now ?.

Note : OPC portsmouth are and have been fantastic for every car I have bought from them. Porsche world wide seem to be stalling on this.

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
So heres my update as of 20/02/20 . My 4s from OPC Portmouth completed build about 4 weeks ago and is in the UK. its currently sat in sheerness port awaiting conformaty certificates and I cant have it untill Porsche carry out their launch events. Mine is the first car OPCP have, yet (through no fault of the dealer) I cant have it, probably until April. This is frustrating as I have my current car for sale and now cant sell it. Also I was looking forward to collecting 1st March as planned. On the plus side my 12 week delayed Anderson charger (something about Corona virus delays - Seriously) is now not so important. Did I read theres no point having 22KW charging installed now ?.

Note : OPC portsmouth are and have been fantastic for every car I have bought from them. Porsche world wide seem to be stalling on this.
Congrats on being the first in the UK - although that's a limited celebration given you can't get your hands or feet on your beautiful car! Mine's a few weeks behind you but we may end up with it at the same time. FWIW, my Andersen arrived unannounced via a courier yesterday, a month before the expected delivery date - so I'll have a very pretty charger on the side of the house for a few weeks reminding me what I don't yet have to go with it!

Laish

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
Congrats on being the first in the UK - although that's a limited celebration given you can't get your hands or feet on your beautiful car! Mine's a few weeks behind you but we may end up with it at the same time. FWIW, my Andersen arrived unannounced via a courier yesterday, a month before the expected delivery date - so I'll have a very pretty charger on the side of the house for a few weeks reminding me what I don't yet have to go with it!
Mines not the first in the UK, just one of 3 of the first at OPC Portsmouth. I have been on the list from day 1 of Mission E mind you :)
Sponsored