OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
My order is also from Chester and was locked down a couple of weeks before Christmas. When I last spoke to them last week, factory completion is due 21 Feb and the car is due at the dealer 27 March for collection first week in April - but I'm seeing them Monday and will check again.
Hi @Dawse , I'd give them a ring as I spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday and all deliveries are pushed back, no cars until after they launch.

What model have you ordered?
Sponsored

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Hi @Dawse , I'd give them a ring as I spoke with the Sales Manager yesterday and all deliveries are pushed back, no cars until after they launch.

What model have you ordered?
@Austin_yeahbaby mine's a 4S. Thanks for the update, I'm hoping that mine will only be delayed a week or two given that i already wasn't getting it until first week in April - to be fair they have always been cagey about committing to a set date of course! I'll keep you posted on what I find out on a new date

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Austin_yeahbaby mine's a 4S. Thanks for the update, I'm hoping that mine will only be delayed a week or two given that i already wasn't getting it until first week in April - to be fair they have always been cagey about committing to a set date of course! I'll keep you posted on what I find out on a new date
Same here, 4S in Carrera White. Mine was a Feb build (due to interior colour choice not available till Feb builds), March 11th out of Factory, beginning April delivery.

No idea now if they are all landing as a batch or if all nudged right due to this delay.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Leicester
and any details of a further delay or if you get he car after the launch now?

ps - as a fellow red supporter, I’m surprised your car is not from a closer dealer to Anfield, Chester at least ;-)

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
and any details of a further delay or if you get he car after the launch now?
No, I haven’t asked. My car isn’t due until September anyway so I’m not too bothered if it’s delayed a bit.

ps - as a fellow red supporter, I’m surprised your car is not from a closer dealer to Anfield, Chester at least ;-)
I think you may be confusing me with somebody else
:)

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Which dealer are you using? I’m with Porsche Solihull (Sytner) and my build is also supposed to be locked down this week for delivery in March. Will call them tomorrow and find out if anything has changed.

Same boat as you - if it gets pushed back will wait for the 1.5 version in June.
Mine was locked down late last year With them. Have details that build is scheduled for 20/03 and launch evening will be 3rd April, so expecting my car later in April. I would be surprised if you get yours before then.

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry to ask this a little late but the Taycan wont charge at 22kw?? What will it charge at then?

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Sorry to ask this a little late but the Taycan wont charge at 22kw?? What will it charge at then?
AC home charging:- If you use the Porsche supplied charger it’s just over 3kW from a single phase 240V. If you have three phase - unlikely for most - it’s 11kW.

I’ve just ordered the Zappi 2 charger to allow 7.2kW from a single phase supply. This charger also has the advantage that it can direct power from solar for car charging, if you are generating an excess.

DC charging - if you took the 150kW option - will be up to 150kW from a 400V Charger. If not then limited by internal vehicle charger to 50kW. Ionity dc chargers (if you can find one) running at 800V dc, up to 270kW, again limited by the Taycan.

Last edited:

Strutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Audi Etron, jaguar ipace
Country flag
my turbo is coming from Exeter and the estimated delivery date has now slipped 3 weeks so now into June
another dealer has said they don’t think each dealership will be able release vehicles till after the dealer launch event!
That will be two of us down here :)

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
@Weston -

This thread is about delivery delays, there are lots of posts re charging speed in the Charging section

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/forums/charging-and-batteries.7/

For charging speeds and options

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/good-site-showing-charging-options-speeds.745/https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/good-site-showing-charging-options-speeds.745/

in short no 22kw option until next years model is announced. 11kw is the max if you have 3 phase power

Sorry guys.

But thanks for the replies.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not wanting to hijack my own thread but if anyone is getting the Porsche mandatory/expensive charger and doesn’t want it then I’m possibly looking for an extra unit.
Sponsored