G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
None other than no allocations even for those ordered last year.

12v battery shortage is the next drama with cars being shipped without and then witheld from customers. Rumour is that this will add another 2 mth delay.

I was at the dealer in Belfast on Tuesday which had a sold GTS ST on display with backorders for 19 more - new orders won't be delivered until 2024.
My friends CT4s was due for delivery into Porsche Glasgow yesterday. New expected date is 5/11. Car is missing 12v battery. The dealer is apparently unaware where the car is at present. It has left Emden but MIA. 🤔

My boss is in same position with his ETron Gt. Was due for collection last Wednesday. Car at dealer minus the 12v. He is also being advised of a November collection.

I’m about to start a new post about whether I should throw in the towel.
All the initial excitement has most definitely gone. The thought of another year (at least) before I see my car ( this was the prediction before the 12v issue) is just to painful.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Most recent contact with my OPC (Mid-Sussex) suggests that I am actually 3rd on their list for an ST GTS.
Although I had a letter of intent in well before launch day and placed a deposit early on launch day, it seems I was not unique in this respect, and 2 others got there first. Fair enough.

They have said that the 2 people ahead of me have now been allocated cars (not sure if they’ve been delivered yet), so the next allocation they get will be for me.

I still don’t have a garage or charging point, so Q1 delivery won’t be a problem for me, if that is when it actually arrives.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

12v battery shortage is the next drama with cars being shipped without and then witheld from customers. Rumour is that this will add another 2 mth delay.

I was at the dealer in Belfast on Tuesday which had a sold GTS ST on display with backorders for 19 more - new orders won't be delivered until 2024.
Mine’s built and stuck at the port awaiting the 12V battery. How can a company the size of VW have a single source for the 12V battery! They should sack all of the purchasing department.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine’s built and stuck at the port awaiting the 12V battery. How can a company the size of VW have a single source for the 12V battery! They should sack all of the purchasing department.
Same issue with their air suspension provider (Germany, delays due to flooding last year), wiring harness (Ukraine) and so on.

VW is not unique in this regard.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
Update last week, mines still due to leave the factory 23 August.

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag

Wonderful :crying: I still have my fingers crossed that I might get an allocation this year as it's a saloon.. Maybe i'm being too hopeful.

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Wonderful :crying: I still have my fingers crossed that I might get an allocation this year as it's a saloon.. Maybe i'm being too hopeful.
Spoke to various dealers two weeks ago. Porsche, Sytner, Dick Lovett.

All said the same if I ordered that week for the GTS saloon: 12 months.

So you should expect your car sooner than those who ordered the GTS ST, which is now 24+ months.

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to various dealers two weeks ago. Porsche, Sytner, Dick Lovett.

All said the same if I ordered that week for the GTS saloon: 12 months.

So you should expect your car sooner than those who ordered the GTS ST, which is now 24+ months.
Just would like it this year :D
I ordered my GTS Saloon on 12th March. I think was about 12th in queue, as of last month i was 3rd....
SA did say to me that they still are hoping for more allocations this year for the Saloon.....

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I ordered my GTS Saloon on 12th March. I think was about 12th in queue, as of last month i was 3rd....
SA did say to me that they still are hoping for more allocations this year for the Saloon.....
From what I've been told by Porsche East London, next UK Taycan allocations are coming in November.

You may well get an allocation late Q4, with a Q123 delivery... Lucky.

I ordered a GTS ST beginning Feb. It's been tumbleweeds since.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think I’d rather wait a bit longer amd take immediate delivery than have my car built then for it to sit somewhere for a few weeks/months for parts to be available then retro-fitted.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Different country but going from BMW to GTS sedan, I ordered March 22, so will be following you closely.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Chatted to my dealer just over a week ago...

Didn't get to have a go in their demo - admin mix up and now sold (I was offered it to buy as had shown an interest, but not paying 10k overs for a car that wasn't right spec-wise). No updates beyond what everyone else is being told above. Dealer not really wanting to guess when I might get a car. No more allocations this year. Won't know what they're getting in 2023 until late this year. Etc.

In the overall scheme of things (war in Ukraine etc) these are first world problems. Would be nice if Porsche and the German govt got their act together with supply chains, but ultimately if the car never actually happens, so be it. Interestingly my dealer has noted the situation on other models isn't materially any better.

Will leave the deposit with them for now and see how things progress. As others have suggested, it's quite possible people in the queue ahead of me will drop out, and that supply will start to free up as the financial situation develops in various countries. If not, will just stick to killing the planet with V8s.

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Different country but going from BMW to GTS sedan, I ordered March 22, so will be following you closely.
Will keep you updated.
Also moved from being a regular customer of BMW. Now in a bloody tesla as I thought I'd get used to the electric world before my Taycan came....thought that would only be a few months......

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Will keep you updated.
Also moved from being a regular customer of BMW. Now in a bloody tesla as I thought I'd get used to the electric world before my Taycan came....thought that would only be a few months......
Thank you. Yes same for me, on my 5th beemer from same sales consultant, he's a bit disappointed I've defected. No Tesla for me.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I also ordered a GTS saloon at the end of Jan. Not expected this year - latest estimate is Feb ‘23. Will update if I hear anything.
Sponsored